1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ice cream dipper

1. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Help! I've got a customer who has one that is "icky". He said there is grime & hard stuff on it. He is looking to find out how to clean it. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Dec 17, 2005
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

Sounds like it went through the dishwasher. They get dark and can leak when this happens. Since they are not dishwasher safe I don't think that HO will replace it for you. I'm not sure if there is anyway to clean it up, and if it has leaked it probably won't work as well anymore.

Dec 18, 2005
  3. GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach Veteran Member Silver Member

They can also look "icky" when they are allowed to sit in a sink of water. If you have really hard water, the more "icky" it will look. It doesn't effect the way it works, just the way it looks.

Dec 18, 2005
  4. Chozengirl

Chozengirl Advanced Member Gold Member

A little late in reply, but I have learned using "Bar Keepers Friend" works. I bought Stainless Steal Pots & Pans and ended up using it on the Ice Cream dipper because the same happened, well it worked.
    So try suggesting that.

Jan 9, 2006
  5. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

Just a little hint about the ice cream dipper. or new use I should say. I used it at thanksgiving to dip out butter out of the tubs and put them into nicer china dishes. They were cute little balls of butter. everyone asked how I did it. :D

Jan 9, 2006
Have something to add?