• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Scooper Material: Is it Aluminum? | Kitchen Show Tips by Kristi

In summary, The ice cream scooper from Pampered Chef is made of aluminum, which is a durable and lightweight material perfect for scooping ice cream. Aluminum is also safe to use in the kitchen, as it is non-toxic and non-reactive. The scooper is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longer use. It has a comfortable handle and thumb rest for a good grip while scooping. Additionally, this scooper can be used for other soft foods such as mashed potatoes and cookie dough, but not recommended for hard or frozen foods.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I have the ice cream scooper and I did a practice demo last night (my first kitchen show is tomorrow night!) and my father asked me what the scoop is made out of? He said that it looks like aluminum and that he wouldn't buy it if it was. Does anyone know? I would like to know that way if any of my customers ask me! Thank You!
Kristi

The Product Info from Consultant's Corner states that the Ice Cream Dipper is made of "Heavy gauge aluminum material" and that the "hollow handle" contains a "nontoxic de-icing solution". Why wouldn't he buy it if if was made of aluminum? Hope this helps! :)

I'm curious too Kristen as to why he wouln't buy it. If he is thinking aluminum causes Alzheimers here is a link to look at. Top of page two.

http://alz.org/Resources/FactSheets/FSAluminum.pdf

-Becky
SSM2

1. Is the ice cream scooper made of aluminum?

Yes, the ice cream scooper from Pampered Chef is made of aluminum. This material is durable and lightweight, making it perfect for scooping ice cream.

2. Is aluminum safe to use in the kitchen?

Yes, aluminum is safe to use in the kitchen. It is a non-toxic and non-reactive material, making it ideal for food contact. Our ice cream scooper is also coated with a non-stick surface for easy release of ice cream.

3. Can I put the ice cream scooper in the dishwasher?

Yes, our ice cream scooper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for longer lasting use.

4. How can I get a good grip on the scooper?

The ice cream scooper from Pampered Chef has a comfortable and easy-to-grip handle. It also has a thumb rest for added stability while scooping.

5. Can I use this scooper for other foods besides ice cream?

Yes, this scooper can also be used for mashed potatoes, cookie dough, and other soft foods. However, we do not recommend using it for hard or frozen foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksartain
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • myinnerchef