• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Ice Cream Dipper Issues: A Customer's Experience

In summary, the ice cream dipper that was sent to the host's guest was corroded and nasty looking. The host replaced it with a new one, but it arrived with the same problem. A bad batch of the dipper has been reported by other hosts.
LisaVH
I had a host order the dipper and when it arrived (luckily I was there helping her divide up her show orders) it was completely EMPTY and the box was soaked and the handle was all corroded and yucky. So, I took it home with me and placed a replacement adjustment for her. The new one arrived today with the same problem. This time not quite empty, but the end was corroded and you can tell it is not "full". I have a call into HO, but the wait is THREE HOURS!! Just wondering if anyone else has noticed problems with this product lately.

I haven't noticed, but the order I submitted a few days ago has one on it. We'll see, if it ever gets shipped.

It could be a bad batch. Email HO with the problem and let them know that it has happened twice.

Just did an adjustment for one on Friday as well ... I didn't have it in my hand but she said it was weird and totally discolored. I told her I guessed there must be a batch batch of them out there.

quiverfull7 said:
Just did an adjustment for one on Friday as well ... I didn't have it in my hand but she said it was weird and totally discolored. I told her I guessed there must be a batch batch of them out there.

Submitted a show on 02/14, when the host got the boxes, she said the ice cream dipper was all corroded & nasty looking. I told her to throw it out & I called HO & had another one sent to her...:cool:

I'll have to be on the lookout for that.

I am thinking it's a bad batch - I had a similar complaint last week.

Lisa, the same thing happened to me in the fall. The first one was rusted but seems to still work. Kept that one (they said throw it out) and the 2nd one came and the box was wet from everything leaking out! I finally told them to ship the 3rd to the guest and I guess it was fine because I never heard.

I had a half empty (or half full?) ice cream dipper last August. PC replaced it for the guest and I tried out the other one since they didn't want it back. It actually works better than the one I already had and it hasn't leaked anymore. I wouldn't suggest asking a guest to try this, I just thought it was interesting.

My last host had a leaky mess when her dipper arrived just about a week ago. They must have had quite a large bad batch go out!

Hopefully the new one they are sending her is OK!

1. How do I prevent my ice cream dipper from sticking to the ice cream?

To prevent sticking, try running your ice cream dipper under hot water before scooping. This will help the metal warm up and glide through the ice cream smoothly.

2. My ice cream dipper is hard to squeeze. How can I make it easier to use?

If your ice cream dipper is difficult to squeeze, try placing it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes before scooping. This will soften the handle and make it easier to use.

3. How do I clean my ice cream dipper?

The best way to clean your ice cream dipper is to hand wash it with warm, soapy water. Avoid putting it in the dishwasher, as this can cause damage to the handle and mechanism.

4. What should I do if my ice cream dipper breaks?

If your ice cream dipper breaks, please contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. Our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and we will be happy to help you find a solution.

5. Can I use my ice cream dipper for non-dairy frozen desserts?

Yes, our ice cream dipper can be used for non-dairy frozen desserts as well. It is designed to scoop through any type of frozen dessert with its sharp edge and sturdy construction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • alidafrizzell