• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Bucket & Shaker- How Much Do You Use Them at Shows?

I love the ice bucket and can't wait to get one. Not only no water from melted ice, it doesn't get all stuck together, either. We have friends over for cards and stuff, and living in AZ, we use a lot of ice, so it's nice to have out.The shaker? I don't know, we don't make "drinks" a lot, but I do make shakes with powdered mixes, my recruiter tells us it's good for those.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I'm about to place a personal order this evening and I've been pondering the ice bucket and shaker set... I don't think we'd use them THAT much at home, I'm wondering how much you use them at shows?

Do you find you're able to sell them effectively without having them to show off at a party?

I have a specific $ amount I'd like to spend and I'm just wondering if my $$ wouldn't be better spent on something else...

I do not own either one because I would not use them personally at home. If there is a way to either not pay for it or get it at a great price like a host special price that may be a different story. I have sold one set and it was from the host special. Good luck.

I am taking the ice bucket this month when on special for hosts. I used the shaker at a party last month when I made "Key Lime Pie Martinis" Very sweet and very yummy I hear. (can't drink vodka and since I rarely drink...I would be a hazard at the party but especially on the road!)

I haven't had the opportunity to use them much since getting them, but I would think maybe just put ice in the bucket for the guest drinks!! Be sure to point out that this is one of our products, etc. The shaker- I'd just mention it perhaps, if you weren't using it. But depending on the crowd (drinkers, moms, etc)- you mention its uses- mixing drinks, mixing baby formula, and I wonder if it could mix any powder drink?I don't know. I don't use mine much at home- obviously if we have a party or something, I will. My DH used it for keeping a bottle of wine on ice for awhile as we nursed it through the evening....but that's about it so far! :)

I haven't sold any. We are making Margaritas at the next 2 parties, so hopefully that will help. I have used the shaker for instant pudding at home and that is it. If I had to stick to a budget, I'd much rather have the new cool serving rectangle! Sandi

Recommendation for the ice bucket. Even if you don't use it often, it is an awesome product. I take mine to shows for the host to use and after 2 hours there is absolutely no water from melted ice! Very impressive.

cochef said:
Recommendation for the ice bucket. Even if you don't use it often, it is an awesome product. I take mine to shows for the host to use and after 2 hours there is absolutely no water from melted ice! Very impressive.

I love the ice bucket and can't wait to get one. Not only no water from melted ice, it doesn't get all stuck together, either. We have friends over for cards and stuff, and living in AZ, we use a lot of ice, so it's nice to have out.

The shaker? I don't know, we don't make "drinks" a lot, but I do make shakes with powdered mixes, my recruiter tells us it's good for those.

Marghi

I use the Ice Bucket at every show. In the rare instance that the host wants to use it for ice, it's available. Otherwise, I use it to collect my drawing slips. I've sold quite a few.

One thing I have said is that the shaker is perfect for your own Frappuccinos. I present it as a budget way to spend less at Starbucks + skip the trip but still enjoy your fix right at home.

I haven't taken it to all my shows, but I am going to push it more in the warmer months. I have sold 2 at shows when I did bring it.

quimbychic said:
One thing I have said is that the shaker is perfect for your own Frappuccinos. I present it as a budget way to spend less at Starbucks + skip the trip but still enjoy your fix right at home.

I haven't taken it to all my shows, but I am going to push it more in the warmer months. I have sold 2 at shows when I did bring it.

Do you have a recipe for that??

I don't take them to my shows usually. I am taking the ice bucket in May - the martini glass fits nicely in it with the other HWC products and I put it all in a HWC bag. I have sold more of them this month than any other. I think I may start bringing it more. As far as the shaker, I have sold some and may bring that to summer shows too (once I get this recipe). My husband uses it and loves it but I haven't used it much.

Here is one designed for the Pitcher:

Frosty Latte
Ingredients:
4 cups (1 L) vanilla or coffee ice cream, slightly softened
2 cups (500 mL) milk, well chilled
2 cups (500 mL) brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature

This is a recipe I found online for a Starbucks recipe:

Ingredients
•3/4 cup double-strength coffee, cold
•3 tablespoons granulated sugar
•1 cup low-fat milk
•2 cups ice
•Caramel topping, 3 Tbs
•Whipped Cream
•Hersheys Chocolate Syrup 3 tbs

Directions
Combine all ingredients in the shaker and add ice. This makes 16 oz so it all fits in the shaker.

CARAMEL Version:
For this version, add 3 tablespoons of caramel topping to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional caramel over the whipped cream.

MOCHA Version:
For this version, add 3 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream, if desired.

I did talk about the sprinkles and sold a few that way.

I am not a coffee drinker but the two times I tried it---my coffee drinkers liked it.

baychef said:
I am taking the ice bucket this month when on special for hosts. I used the shaker at a party last month when I made "Key Lime Pie Martinis" Very sweet and very yummy I hear. (can't drink vodka and since I rarely drink...I would be a hazard at the party but especially on the road!)

please share the key lime pie martini recipe - this looks great!

I have been carrying this to shows and sell them to the hosts. I fill it up with ice and it reminds me to do the ice trick with our pans.

I use my shaker every day..I carry it with me in the car and to school. It keeps my drink cold longer, it does not sweat and a straw fits in it even with the jigger securely on top. I love it!

1. How do you use the ice bucket and shaker at shows?

The ice bucket and shaker are a great way to showcase our products and demonstrate their use. The ice bucket can be used to keep drinks cold and refreshing, while the shaker can be used to mix up delicious cocktails or mocktails.

2. Do you use the ice bucket and shaker for every show?

We do not use the ice bucket and shaker for every show, as it depends on the theme and purpose of the show. However, we do recommend using them for parties or events where drinks will be served.

3. How much ice can the ice bucket hold?

The ice bucket can hold approximately 2-3 pounds of ice, depending on the size of the cubes. It is designed to hold enough ice for a small gathering or party.

4. Can the shaker be used for non-alcoholic drinks as well?

Yes, the shaker can be used for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. It is perfect for making refreshing beverages like lemonade, iced tea, or even fruit-infused water.

5. Are the ice bucket and shaker dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the ice bucket and shaker are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to ensure longevity and prevent any damage to the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies