1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I would love to have some sweatshirts with The Pampered Chef logo on

1. RCKmom

RCKmom Member

I would love to have some sweatshirts with The Pampered Chef logo on them. I have a friend that runs an embroidery company, but is worried to do anything with the logo without permission. That I understand completely. Has anyone else done something like this in the past? Just curious....I am a fairly new consultant and don't want to get into trouble over something like this.
    Thanks for the feedback!!

Jan 12, 2010
  2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Re: Logo

it is against PC rules and the law as it is a registered Trade mark. Only our approved vendors are allowed to do the logo.

Jan 12, 2010
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You can use the logo yourself, but you cannot give it to anyone to do anything for you. That means, if you create an invitation or a flyer to print at home (or make copies at FexEx Office) you're good. If you have your own embroidery machine that you can load the logo into, you're good. If you have to give it to your friend to do it for you, you're not good.

The issue is that if you give it to someone, they can't truly just give it back. There's nothing keeping them from being able to use it later for something else, and since they don't have a license to use the logo, they would be violating the copyright.

Oh, and even if you create something yourself, you cannot sell it to other consultants.

Jan 12, 2010
  4. RCKmom

RCKmom Member

What if I just put Pampered Chef on some shirts and did not use the trademarked logo??

Jan 12, 2010
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Technically you can do that, as long as you put on the ® symbol and make sure it says The Pampered Chef®. And you can't use the tag line (Discover the chef...).

Jan 12, 2010
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

That's a grey area. The name of the company is covered by trademark, too. Which is why we're technically supposed to use the ® whenever we include it in a newsletter or flyer. Because it's a trademark, you should get permission to have another company use it to produce items.

Jan 12, 2010
Have something to add?