• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BeachBody Coaching: Pros, Cons & Experiences

and DH's not into working. Personally I think it would be a great business for DH if he was motivated. I think $14.95/month is a pretty reasonable price to pay to be a part of a team and to have access to the videos and supplements.
NooraK
Gold Member
I would like to get your opinions on BeachBody as a direct sales or network marketing company (whatever you want to call it).

A while ago, I discovered that in addition to being sold on infomercials, programs like P90X are a product sold by BeachBody Coaches, who are independent business owners for a company run on a network marketing plan. I have personally wanted to try the P90X program, but do not have the time to spend 1 hour a day exercising.

I do, however, think this would be a wonderful business for DH. Although he doesn't have a degree (life got in the way), he went to college for excercise and physiology. He wants to get into better shape. He is a very likeable person.

When I first started looking into this, I emailed a BeachBody Coach, and got quite a bit of information about how the business works. DH did not like the idea one bit, though. He is very skeptical of the direct sales model, and I suppose I got overly excited about the potential I saw and pushed too much. I dropped it at the time, and didn't mention it again.

This weekend, we met with a representative from Primerica, because a friend has started with them, and we were being nice. Well, one of the parts of the presentation has Robert Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant in it, and long story short I think DH started seeing the light. Later that weekend, he mentioned maybe looking into "the beach coach thing".

So, what I would like to hear from you are any experiences with the product, the company and/or the coaches. Pretty please. :D

Re: BeachBodyI don't personally have any info, but a friend of mine is a BeachBody person and might be able to give you some insight (without being pushy and trying to sell you). I could connect the two of you on FB

Re: BeachBodyThanks, Kristen. I do have a coach I've spoken with before, but it's of course up to DH on who he clicks with. I'll certainly be open to connecting.

Right now, I'm really interested in non-coach opinions. Even if you don't have any experience using their products, what is the impression you have? For example, some people don't have any PC and think we're expensive. Others don't have any PC but their friends love the products. That kind of stuff.

Re: BeachBodyI have had friends that did P90X and talked about the intensity and the need to do it. My husband was interested in buying it. My issue with him wanting to purchase it was knowing he'd never follow through with it, and we'd be out the money on it, but that is because I know my husband :) I think that the product itself is good, and gives people the ability to improve their body and health in the privacy of their own home, which is a big motivator for some, who don't want to do this stuff in public. Is it a one time sale or is there an opportunity for repeat business from it? I'm not sure what else is sold via the BeachBody line

Re: BeachBodyI have friends that are beach body coaches... one has lost a ton of weight... one has gained a ton of weight.... and the other one is a complete fanatic about working out and eating their shakes and bars and stuff.

Personally I don't like the way the shakes taste (remember that's just me) and I decided to do a weight loss plann with Arbonne... I lost a good 20 lbs and still losing.

That being said, if your DH is a good motivator and is more into helping people reach their health and lifestyle goals then we would do awesome and the money would come naturally with that.... plus aside from the work out videos they are consumable products that people will come back for.

I feel that the structure is a little more initimite and one on one... life coach if you will. Everyone needs a support system when dieting and excercising and Team Beachbody capitalizes on that. With his back ground that you mentioned, it seems like it would be a great fit for him!

Re: BeachBodyWe own several BeachBody videos (P90X, Power 90, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Rockin' Body)... wow I've bought alot. I think the primary goal of BB coaches is to sell the supplements more than the videos. I haven't looked at any of their recruiting materials but I'm willing to bet there is a huge emphasis on recruiting and building a downline to make the most money. The cost is $14.95/month to maintain, which doesn't appeal to me if I'm just buying in to get the discoutn for myself, so you would really have to work the business to make it worth paying the fee every month.

As with any direct sales business, esp. one with a consumable product, it will be really important to network and reach out to as many people as possible to build a customer base to succeed. if you husband is passionate about the product and confident he sell it constantly, then I'd say it's worth a shot. But I wouldn't assume it to be a case of "the products sell themselves" type of thing.

Re: BeachBodyI have a BB coach and I love her. She and her husband have their own site - Symbiotic Fitness - and they really work hard for the money they make. They do challenges and give aways and offer one-on-one coaching, even if you're not a big purchaser (me). The focus really is the supplements like Shakeology (which I love, btw). I'm not sure how much they make off of each sale, but realistically, someone is going to buy a DVD set and use it for at least 3 months so that's only a $100 sale every quarter, but people aren't going to buy a new DVD each quarter (except Joy and I maybe? lol). PLUS tons of people download the videos and don't buy them so they are going to miss out on sales because of it. It seems like a very supportive company to work for. I looked into a bit for DH as well but they don't have Coaches in Canada yet. Whenever someone buys a product they are assigned to a coach, which I imagine is similar to our HO Lead system. I don't like the fact that there's a monthly fee to be a coach, but I think they have TONS of people that sign up just for the discount since their products are a bit pricey so maybe they do that to offset the potential loss of people like "kitnappers"....Sorry to ramble...hopefully i said something helpful!

Re: BeachBodyhey in my defense, my husband is the one doing the P90x and Power 90. I do the other stuff :) But between the 2 of us, we are BeachBody converts :)

Re: BeachBody
PampChefJoy said:
hey in my defense, my husband is the one doing the P90x and Power 90. I do the other stuff :) But between the 2 of us, we are BeachBody converts :)

lol us too. My husband is doing P90x, I do TurboFire and Insanity...he'll be doing Insanity and then I'll do Chalean Extreme. lol

Re: BeachBodyA friend of mine is a BeachBody Trainer. She mostly does her business through lead system and FB (some of her BB connections have led her to outside training jobs, she is a certified personal trainer and nutritionist). She seems to like it. While it is her primary income it is not the family's primary income.That said we love their fitness producs. While we do not subscribe to their shakes and nutritional suppliments we have used P90X, Turbo Jams, BBL, Insanity and a few other and we have loved all of them.

Re: BeachBodyThank you so much for the feedback.

For repeat business, there is the Shakeology (I didn't care for the flavor, either) and supplements, but I understand there is also a Pro version of their membership which clients pay for, and I am under the impression the coach earns from that.

Yes, $14.95/month to be a coach, but I was told that covers the website. We pay a monthly fee for our websites, too, just not quite as much.

And there is a lead system. There are requirements, of course, but when someone purchases a BB system through the infomercials, they are offered a free sample of Shakeology and a free 30-day membership to the site, and connected with a coach.

My current thought would be to purchase one of the programs for DH, and have him use it for 3-6 months to see if he'll stick with it and what kind of results he'll get. If it works, then look into actually being a coach.

Re: BeachBodySide note....Chocolate Shakeology is AMAZING but you can't drink it by itself with just water. Water and ice at least with more water than they recommend. I use a Tbsp of Peanut Butter as well. Super yummy. By itself with water (no crushed ice) is disgusting.

Re: BeachBody
PamperedK said:
Side note....Chocolate Shakeology is AMAZING but you can't drink it by itself with just water. Water and ice at least with more water than they recommend. I use a Tbsp of Peanut Butter as well. Super yummy. By itself with water (no crushed ice) is disgusting.

I still have one or two serving's worth, so I'll have to try that. I actually got a sick feeling after having it the first time, and we mixed it with milk. Then again, I'm not much for sweets first thing in the morning. No peanut butter for me, can't stand the stuff.

Re: BeachBodyYeah give it a try. We have a magic bullet type thing that holds 16oz or something....I fill it with ice about 3/4 of the way and then my shakeology and then water. It's way more water (I think the packet says 8 or 12oz) and tons of ice. It cuts the sweetness. After having it that way for a month or so I just tried it shaken with water and I couldn't drink it. Now I have 1 or 2 shakes a day. They're coming out with Tropical in January!

Re: BeachBodyI have p90x. I got it for my husband originally, but I use it more then he does. I don't follow the program, I just do some of the workouts. My favorite is Kempo X. I got mine from QVC and never registered to get assigned a coach.

What is BeachBody coaching?

BeachBody coaching is a program that allows individuals to become independent distributors of BeachBody's fitness and nutrition programs. Coaches earn commission by selling products and building a team of coaches.

What are the pros of becoming a BeachBody coach?

Some potential benefits of becoming a BeachBody coach include: the ability to work from home, flexible hours, the potential to earn a significant income, access to BeachBody's fitness and nutrition programs, and the opportunity to help others improve their health and wellness.

What are the cons of becoming a BeachBody coach?

Some potential downsides of becoming a BeachBody coach include: the initial investment required to purchase a starter kit, the need to consistently sell products and build a team to earn income, and the potential for competition with other BeachBody coaches.

What are some experiences of current BeachBody coaches?

Experiences of current BeachBody coaches vary, but some common themes include: feeling fulfilled by helping others reach their health and fitness goals, the ability to work from home and set their own schedule, and the potential to earn a significant income with hard work and dedication.

Can anyone become a BeachBody coach?

Yes, anyone over the age of 18 can become a BeachBody coach. No prior fitness or sales experience is necessary, but having a passion for health and wellness and a willingness to learn and work hard is beneficial.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies