• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I went to visit my mother (880 total miles) and did a show while I was

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
I went to visit my mother (880 total miles) and did a show while I was there. Since I did not go exclusively to do the show I don't think I can justify deducting all the miles. Can I deduct some of the miles? Is there a rule or formula to follow? Thanks....BEE

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I traveled to NH (2600 miles roundtrip) and did a couple shows while I was there and I will be deducting all miles but not gas, food or lodging.

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
If you deduct the miles, you cannot deduct the gasoline anyway, because that is a part of the per-mile deduction.

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
beepampered said:
I went to visit my mother (880 total miles) and did a show while I was there. Since I did not go exclusively to do the show I don't think I can justify deducting all the miles. Can I deduct some of the miles? Is there a rule or formula to follow? Thanks....BEE

I belive it's 80% - - just keep track of all miles done for business and the dates. Try to do one business thing a day, be it drop off a catalog, product, go to bank, post office, food store, etc.

:)