• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Turkey or Hamburger in a Micro-Cooker: Instructions for Beginners

In summary, the conversation is about browning hamburger or turkey in the Micro-Cooker. One person was told it could be done but didn't have specific directions, so they asked for help. Another person shared their method of browning hamburger in the Micro-Cooker and also mentioned using it for scrambled eggs. Other variations such as using ground turkey or chicken breasts are also mentioned. Overall, the Micro-Cooker is a useful tool for browning meats and making quick meals.
jessnaugle
I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but Some one asked me how at a show and I didn't have specific directions. Can some one tell me how to do this so I can get back to her? Thanks. I guess that will teach me before I go and open my mouth. :rolleyes:

jessnaugle said:
I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but Some one asked me how at a show and I didn't have specific directions. Can some one tell me how to do this so I can get back to her? Thanks. I guess that will teach me before I go and open my mouth. :rolleyes:

Crumble up 1 pound of hamburger into the Large Micro-cooker. Put on the lid and microwave for 2 min. Stir and chop up the meat or you'll have a giant hamburger pattie! Microwave another 2 min. Stir and chop again. Keep nuking until it's done. Mine usually takes 4-5 min. Then drain with the lid on!

Hope that helps!

Lee Anne

Thanks Lee Anne, that is exactly what I needed!!!!

Jess...
lol...I LOVE the fact that someone else calls ground beef "hamburg". My husband, and friends, and occassionally guests at shows who I share this story with, love to get a good laugh out of it. They call it hamburger, but I always tell them that it's hamburg until it's put into the patty form--THEN it turns into a hamburger! lol...just a silly thing we laugh about, but I had to share. :D

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I've been doing this for a few months now, but I actually do one pound in the small micro cooker! I usually buy the larger tubs of meat now to save a little money, and brown/patty it all when I get home, makes dinner time a snap during a hectic week! Strains right out the top...gotta love it!

This is the ONLY way to brown hamburger, especially in the summer! I learned to do this from this site in early spring and have passed the idea to the guests. I make the Taco Ring a lot at shows and always brown the meat in the microwave. I just checked my Top Sell List and have sold 53 Large Micro Cookers since April!! :)

Another thing I tell about, and again I think it came from this site, is making the most awesome, fluffiest scrambled eggs in 3 minutes, with NO added fats! :D It's called 3-3-3 eggs. Crack 3 eggs into cooker. Add 1/3 cup milk and whisk. Put on lid, microwave for 3 minutes. YUM!! My husband is "kitchen challenged" :eek: and he now makes his own breakfast!

Lee Anne

As far as turkey goes if its ground turkey it would be the same as hamburger. I also have done chicken breasts in the microcooker as well. I put a few in the microwave for 4-5 minutes then flip them over and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. It might not take as long in your microwave but mine is not the greatest so it takes longer.

1. How do I cook ground turkey or ground beef in the Micro-Cooker?

To cook ground turkey or ground beef in the Micro-Cooker, start by placing the meat in the cooker and breaking it up into smaller pieces. Then, cover the cooker with the lid and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes until the meat is fully cooked and no longer pink. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F for ground turkey and 160°F for ground beef.

2. Can I use the Micro-Cooker to defrost frozen ground meat?

Yes, you can use the Micro-Cooker to defrost frozen ground meat. Simply place the meat in the cooker and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Check to make sure the meat is fully defrosted before cooking it.

3. How do I prevent the meat from sticking to the Micro-Cooker?

To prevent the meat from sticking to the Micro-Cooker, make sure to use a small amount of cooking oil or spray on the bottom of the cooker before adding the meat. This will help create a non-stick surface and make it easier to remove the meat after cooking.

4. Can I cook other types of meat in the Micro-Cooker?

Yes, you can use the Micro-Cooker to cook other types of meat such as chicken, pork, or fish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type and thickness of the meat. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches the appropriate level for the type of meat you are cooking.

5. Is the Micro-Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Micro-Cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher and run it through a normal cycle. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • peachey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies