• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but

Aug 15, 2005
I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but Some one asked me how at a show and I didn't have specific directions. Can some one tell me how to do this so I can get back to her? Thanks. I guess that will teach me before I go and open my mouth. :rolleyes:

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
jessnaugle said:
I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but Some one asked me how at a show and I didn't have specific directions. Can some one tell me how to do this so I can get back to her? Thanks. I guess that will teach me before I go and open my mouth. :rolleyes:

Crumble up 1 pound of hamburger into the Large Micro-cooker. Put on the lid and microwave for 2 min. Stir and chop up the meat or you'll have a giant hamburger pattie! Microwave another 2 min. Stir and chop again. Keep nuking until it's done. Mine usually takes 4-5 min. Then drain with the lid on!

Hope that helps!

Lee Anne

chefbilyeu

Jul 12, 2005
Jess...
lol...I LOVE the fact that someone else calls ground beef "hamburg". My husband, and friends, and occassionally guests at shows who I share this story with, love to get a good laugh out of it. They call it hamburger, but I always tell them that it's hamburg until it's put into the patty form--THEN it turns into a hamburger! lol...just a silly thing we laugh about, but I had to share. :D

Apr 5, 2005
I LOVE THIS IDEA! I've been doing this for a few months now, but I actually do one pound in the small micro cooker! I usually buy the larger tubs of meat now to save a little money, and brown/patty it all when I get home, makes dinner time a snap during a hectic week! Strains right out the top...gotta love it!

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
This is the ONLY way to brown hamburger, especially in the summer! I learned to do this from this site in early spring and have passed the idea to the guests. I make the Taco Ring a lot at shows and always brown the meat in the microwave. I just checked my Top Sell List and have sold 53 Large Micro Cookers since April!! :)

Another thing I tell about, and again I think it came from this site, is making the most awesome, fluffiest scrambled eggs in 3 minutes, with NO added fats! :D It's called 3-3-3 eggs. Crack 3 eggs into cooker. Add 1/3 cup milk and whisk. Put on lid, microwave for 3 minutes. YUM!! My husband is "kitchen challenged" :eek: and he now makes his own breakfast!

Lee Anne

janel kelly

Advanced Member
Feb 19, 2005
As far as turkey goes if its ground turkey it would be the same as hamburger. I also have done chicken breasts in the microcooker as well. I put a few in the microwave for 4-5 minutes then flip them over and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. It might not take as long in your microwave but mine is not the greatest so it takes longer.