1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but

1. I was told you could brown hamburg or turkey in the Micro-Cooker but Some one asked me how at a show and I didn't have specific directions. Can some one tell me how to do this so I can get back to her? Thanks. I guess that will teach me before I go and open my mouth. :rolleyes:

Aug 29, 2005
  2. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

Crumble up 1 pound of hamburger into the Large Micro-cooker. Put on the lid and microwave for 2 min. Stir and chop up the meat or you'll have a giant hamburger pattie! Microwave another 2 min. Stir and chop again. Keep nuking until it's done. Mine usually takes 4-5 min. Then drain with the lid on!

Hope that helps!

Lee Anne

Aug 29, 2005
  3. Thanks Lee Anne, that is exactly what I needed!!!!

Aug 30, 2005
  4. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Jess...
    lol...I LOVE the fact that someone else calls ground beef "hamburg". My husband, and friends, and occassionally guests at shows who I share this story with, love to get a good laugh out of it. They call it hamburger, but I always tell them that it's hamburg until it's put into the patty form--THEN it turns into a hamburger! lol...just a silly thing we laugh about, but I had to share. :D

Aug 30, 2005
  5. I LOVE THIS IDEA! I've been doing this for a few months now, but I actually do one pound in the small micro cooker! I usually buy the larger tubs of meat now to save a little money, and brown/patty it all when I get home, makes dinner time a snap during a hectic week! Strains right out the top...gotta love it!

6. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

This is the ONLY way to brown hamburger, especially in the summer! I learned to do this from this site in early spring and have passed the idea to the guests. I make the Taco Ring a lot at shows and always brown the meat in the microwave. I just checked my Top Sell List and have sold 53 Large Micro Cookers since April!! :)

Another thing I tell about, and again I think it came from this site, is making the most awesome, fluffiest scrambled eggs in 3 minutes, with NO added fats! :D It's called 3-3-3 eggs. Crack 3 eggs into cooker. Add 1/3 cup milk and whisk. Put on lid, microwave for 3 minutes. YUM!! My husband is "kitchen challenged" :eek: and he now makes his own breakfast!

Lee Anne

Aug 30, 2005
  7. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

As far as turkey goes if its ground turkey it would be the same as hamburger. I also have done chicken breasts in the microcooker as well. I put a few in the microwave for 4-5 minutes then flip them over and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. It might not take as long in your microwave but mine is not the greatest so it takes longer.

Aug 30, 2005
Have something to add?