1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I was just wondering about saving our copy of the receipts. I mean

1. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

I was just wondering about saving our copy of the receipts. I mean once they are in PP and saved on a backup disk is it really necessary to save these receipts? Like after a couple months or so could we just toss them? I am debating on wether or not to save them. I really don't have the room to be saving a bunch of stuff that I don't need around if that is the case. Just wondering what everyone else does.
    Thanks

Dec 18, 2005
  2. cajunchelle

cajunchelle Member Gold Member

I would think you would need to keep them for the current year at least for tax reasons. You never know when something could happen to your back up disc!

Dec 18, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Crashed!!

Jennifer,

My first year in PC I only saved my original customer receipts for a few months. Well my computer crashed and I was faithful at backing up, well the virus that caused my computer to crash had also corrupted one of my backups, so I lost 4 months of business and there was no way to get that back. :( The Pampered Chef does not give you that kind of information.

So for the past 2 years I have saved all of my receipts and I just file them away with my tax returns. Better safe than sorry! :)

Dec 18, 2005
Have something to add?