• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was in the Newspaper Today!~

In summary, Heather was in the newspaper today for two articles. The first article is about how she looks wonderful after gastric-bypass surgery. The second article is about how her daughter will be grateful later on that she was around for her and to be an example to her.
Ah! The links don't work!

Nice to have a newspaper link that isn't bad news, though.

fixed links... :) sorry they didn't work the first time..

You look wonderful!!!!!

What an amazing difference Heather! I know gastric-bypass isn't for everyone, but it has clearly made a positive change in your life. :)

kris

You look wonderful, Heather and I'm glad you did it for your health and not for vanity. Bravo!

Hey, that's amazing! My neighbor had it done also, but the changes weren't as drastic. Just curious and you don't have to answer.... did you have skin left over or did you have it removed? My neighbor had a lot of skin left over after the surgery. You look great and I'm sure you feel great too!

Heather you look great!!! It is amazing what the difference does for people!! I am glad you did it for your health and not for looks!!!

Heather my mother-in-law had the same surgery just about 3 years ago and she is able to move around so much better. The deciding factor for her was my 4 yr old son (now 7) wanted her to run and see a train with him and she just couldn't do it.

She is going to be having surgery to have her "fluffies" (extra skin) taken care of.

You look great!:)

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment.

You look mar-vel-ous, darling!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Awesome Heather, you have worked very hard...you look beautiful. Your daughter will be so grateful later on that you wanted to be around for her & to be an example to her.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Way to go, Heather! You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your great news!

You ROCK, girl!

Heather - you should be so proud! And you have given yourself and your family the gift of life!

I"M PROUD OF YOU!

You look great and thanks for sharing some good news.

AMAZING Heather! you must be so proud of your self! Bravo to you !

Very inspirational! :)

Thanks for sharing your success..........you look fantastic!

WOW, you look fabulous!!!! Good for you!!

Wow!! That is amazing!! Kudos to you! I have actually been looking into this but the whole death thing is pretty scary.

You look absolutely beautiful

Congrats! You do look great:)

I am so happy for you. I should lose about 25-30 lbs. I can't imagine any more extra weight on me as my hips & knees feel stressed enough with just that. I am way older than you & have a 38 year smoking history to boot which does not help:eek: ! (I quit smoking 6+ years ago:D .) Now I'm trying to get healthier.

The example you are setting for your kids is priceless.

It's scary to see so many overweight kids. It can certainly put a cloud on their future.:confused:
What kind of exercises do you do?

Congrats Heather - you look amazing!

AMAZING! I'm very proud of you! One of my best friends had the surgery in December, and has lost almost 100 pounds so far.I'm overwhelmed with happiness for you! :)

Congratulations - you look great!

WOW! You are amazing! Love your testimony about your marriage and family! Thanks for sharing.

Way to go! You look great!

Wow, Heather! You look great! I'm sure you feel even better!

Good job, girl!

Heather~

Way to go! I am sure that this has impacted your life in MANY ways! I am so happy that you will be around to raise your beautiful daughter, and to be a positive role model to her! Thanks for sharing with us, you do look amazing...and I am sure you FEEL even better than you look!

Congrats on starting your own PC business too! Would you have had the self-confidence to do that before the surgery? Just wait till you see how much more doing this business for yourself will change you and break you out of your shell!

:)

How great for you! You must feel fantastic...way to go. :)

That is amazing! Congratulations :)

Wow - what a difference! Now you're skinnier than me! I hope you continue to feel great!

Way to go! What an accomplishment! You look great!

You look so beautiful Heather!!!! Congratulations!!! I need to loose weight too! I just need to say no to food!!! I am starting to exercise almost every day now and that is a start!!!!
You look amazing, you have so much to be proud of!!!! Congrats again!:)

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Heather, on making a decision that will improve the quality of your and your family's lives. You should be very proud of yourself!

Great job!

Congratulations Heather - Also welcome to the PC club.
Just so you know you are not the only on on CS that has had gastric bypass surgery. I have my surgery 2-6-98 9 1/2 years ago. Like you I was fortunate to have a very experienced surgeon. No complications etc. I do have a large stomache that you do most likely because my surgey was done so long ago. I have gone from 310 to about 185 and kept it off.

I can't beleive I have a picture on the beach in a swimsuit I also kept one pair of size 30 jeans as a reminder of how far I have come.

CONGRATS!!! Great job

Congratulations, Heather! I know someone who went through the same thing and what people don't realize is how you still have to completely change your lifestyle. The surgery is not a one time, quick fix. I commend you for doing so well!

You look wonderful. Congratulations!!

I am so inspired. I have thought about doing this for so long and I really want to. I have to be healthier for my family. My concerns are post op downtime - I have two small children) and if my insurance covers it.
I really should talk to my doctor about it.

WOW, congrats Heather. What an awesome accomplishment!!!
You look fabulous, and it's nice to see that you did it for all the right reasons!
Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Thanks for sharing. You look marvelous!

Jenn, most insurances cover it but you may have to have meet several requirements first such as documented attempts at weight loss programs and a psych consult/evaluation. Read your plan booklet from your insurance, especially the benefits, exclusions and definitions. I worked for a third party administrator for self-funded health plans and they can tend to be pickier.

Also, do your research thoroughly for a surgeon and facility. There can be complications & you want to minimize any risks.

For anyoe considering gastric bypass or any other surgical remedy to weight loss be sure to do lots of research and get a doc with lots of experience. When I hd my surgery there wree only two docs in town that did this suregery. Now there are tons because there are lots of $$$ to be made.
My doc was not as good in the follow up dept (perhaps that has changed now) but he is THE best surgeon in the area.
I take lots of vitamins (helps working in the vit dept at my store) because we do not absorb nutrients very well after RNY gastric bypass

Many insruance companies pay for it if your are 100 lbs or more overweight or 75 lbs overweight with high obesity related health risk such as diabetes, heart disease etc.

You look womderful!! What a change it must be making on your life!!!

Wow- Thanks EVERYONE! What an encouragement to come back here this evening and see all this great replies! Totally blew me away!

I hope I answer the questions ---

1. Post surgery, I did have both a breast reduction ( Dec 06) and a tummy tuck ( mainly skin removal) Feb 07.

2. The plastic surgeries were just for me..Victoria's secret does wonders..

:>

Congratulations!! What a great success story!!

1. How did you end up in the newspaper?

I was featured in two articles in the newspaper, one about my exciting news and the other about my 4th of July plans.

2. What was the newspaper article about?

The article was about my exciting news and my plans for the 4th of July.

3. Can you share a link to the newspaper article?

Yes, I have included the link to the article in my post. You can find it here: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070704/LIFESTYLE/707040311&GID=fHg31+wnoZ8ZxMYkjwMkFuFcxU618cutE/7ZGs/inBE%3D

4. What was your reaction to being featured in the newspaper?

I was really excited and happy to see my name and story in print. It was a great feeling to be recognized in the community.

5. Do you have any plans for the 4th of July?

Yes, I have some fun plans with my friends and family, including attending a parade and having a cookout. I'm looking forward to celebrating with my loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies