• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Table Setting & Presentation: Brainstorm Ideas!

In summary, the speaker is considering doing an entertaining themed show, which would be a great lesson for those who want to learn how to set a table correctly. She also has some great ideas for displaying what is on the table, such as using magazines or napkins.
dawnsclassycupboard
I think that I heard this idea at conference but would like to open it up here to see if we could all brain storm with this one. I would like to do an entertaining theme show. Basically it would be a lesson in presentation. Like different table settings, simple addition displays, etc. I myself have no idea how to set a table appropriately so this could be a great lesson for me too :eek: .

Anyone have any advice?

I love entertaining friends and family. My mother is an interior decorator and what I learned from her is to play around with things and don't be afraid to move things around. Also think outside the box. I know that doesn't help too much. But my advice would be when you have some time to spare. Practice setting your table up with the things you have and have fun with it. Another idea is to look through magazines and get ideas from there. I am constantly getting ideas from magaines and TV. I've made my own tablecloths with just regular cheapo cloth I find at Hobby Lobby and I find a cute fringe which dresses it up alittle. And your Simple Additions will be a huge hit. Just display what you have. Use the ideas that are on the little pamphlets that always come with an SA piece.

Now would be a great time to have a party like this since the season is approaching when everyone is always having company over. That is a terrific idea! I'll be thinking of some more ideas you can use. Hope I helped.

Here are a couple flyers with ideas I got from another web site. Maybe they will help getting more creative juices flowing. ;)

Attachments

• Entertaining Ideas Kitchen Party.doc
    61 KB · Views: 709
  • Garnishing Tips Galore.doc
    47 KB · Views: 622
Here is a site for napkin folding directions. Great idea for the new napkins and table setting theme. Would be fun for everyone to have their own napkin and have a lesson.

http://www.weddingdetails.com/planning/napkins.cfm

The next link tells you how to correctly set a table.

http://www.wecosoft.com/geniescorner/kitchen/settable.asp

This last site is a list of entertaining tips and ideas.

http://www.essortment.com/in/Home.Entertaining/

Easy & Elegant Entertaining with Simple AdditionsFor those who just don't have the words to say, this is an almost verbatim of what to say and do at this kind of show. I typed it up in Word to get all of the email "funk" off of it so that it reads more smoothly.

This will be a FANTASTIC outline for the Entertaining months ahead. I plan to incorporate several of these ideas in my show this weekend!

On a side note, I'd love to go to one of Helaine's shows. Just from the sound of the outline, it sounds lively!

Attachments

• Guide - Simple Additions Easy Entertaining Show.doc
    34 KB · Views: 726

1. How can I make my table setting look more elegant?

To add elegance to your table setting, consider using a neutral color palette and incorporating metallic accents, such as gold or silver flatware. Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones and add in some fresh flowers or greenery as a centerpiece. You can also add a pop of color with a vibrant table runner or colorful glasses.

2. What are some creative ways to display utensils on the table?

One idea is to tie a ribbon around a set of utensils and place them on top of each plate. You can also place them in a decorative container, such as a mason jar or small flower pot. Another option is to create a utensil roll-up using a cloth napkin and tying it with a ribbon or twine.

3. How can I make my table setting more kid-friendly?

For a kid-friendly table setting, consider using plastic or melamine plates and cups instead of glass. Use paper napkins or invest in some fun, colorful cloth ones that kids will enjoy. You can also add in some fun elements, such as a personalized placemat or a small toy at each place setting.

4. What are some tips for creating a cohesive theme for my table setting?

Start by choosing a color scheme and sticking to it throughout your table setting. This could be based on the season, occasion, or personal preference. Use coordinating linens, plates, and decorations to tie everything together. You can also incorporate small details, such as place cards or themed centerpieces, to further enhance your theme.

5. How can I make my table setting more environmentally-friendly?

One way to make your table setting more eco-friendly is to use reusable or biodegradable dinnerware and utensils instead of disposable ones. You can also opt for cloth napkins instead of paper ones and incorporate natural elements, such as wooden or bamboo serving dishes. Consider using potted plants or herbs as a centerpiece instead of cut flowers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
crcook
  • Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire