• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Think My Host Isn't Taking Me Seriously

In summary, your friend was not taking your show seriously and was not able to do it because she was out of town for her job and her husband's work does not allow for stuff to be passed around. She said she would be interested in doing a show in the future.
jonna
I have a friend who wanted to host a catalog show from me. Being a friend and all, I was so excited so I dropped her host packet off to her and called her a day later to make sure she didn't have any questions. About 3 days later I email her to let her know she can email me any orders she gets (as email is more convenient for her). She replies back to me 2 days later and says that she can no longer do the show because she will be out of town for her job and her husband's work does not allow for stuff to be passed around.

I feel like maybe she wasn't taking my business seriously. Am I over reacting.

Unfortunately things like this happen and will continue to happen. The thing to do is just go on and forget about her show. Sometimes those who are too excited are the ones who for some reason flop out on us.

You could e-mail her and tell her that she can still do the show for you by sending out e-mails to everyone in her address book and have them go to your website (if you have one) to see the catalog online and place their orders through your site or they can go to Pampered Chef's website and view the catalog and send her or you their orders to be placed on her show and arrange for payment.

Another thought is maybe when she returns from her business trip you can reschedule her catalog show providing she really wants to do this.

Well, I have to tell you, in my expirience many catalog shows go this way. I think, yes, she isn't taking it seriously, and she probably thinks that you don't have much invested in it since she wasn't doing a cooking show. I always try to look at my catalog shows as "gravy" for the month, so if they don't do what I would like, I am still on track with what I put in. It sounds like you did everything right, you got her all the information, and did your host coaching calls. At this point I would probably ask her if she thinks it is something she can do in the future, and let it go at that. If she is a good friend than it probably isn't worth loosing her.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will be calling/emailing her shortly to let her know about the website and the new products coming out in March to see if she wants to reschedule the show - perhaps to do a cooking show this time.

I'm trying not to let it get to me but it really bothered me that she is a friend of mine and still managed to flake out on me LOL

Unfortuantly, catalogs are not taken seriously. I love them as a consultant and as a host. Of course it is "gravy" but as a host I dont have to dust and clean just ask people to look and then collect the money.
No, your friend wasnt taking you seriously. But overlook it. YOur friend will realize over time she was wrong.

shano i totally agree. Before becoming a consultant I hosted a few PC shows including 2 catalog shows which actually did better than my kitchen show did. I like the fact that I don't have to work around other people's schedules in hopes that they can make it to my house on a certain date.

But I will do just that and overlook it.

What if it weren't a friend?Wow! We are all quick to say that this host isn't taking it seriously..."she'll realize she was wrong.." I think that if this weren't a friend, you wouldn't have given it much of a thought. How many other threads have you read where consultants are complaining incessantly about hosts who never call. This woman had the decency to tell you "I can't do this now because of X Y and Z," instead of avoiding you. Yes, sometimes stuff happens, ask if she'd be interested again later...but really, don't get yourself all worked up about how she's not taking YOU seriously....don't personalize it that much!

The only reason I say her friend will realize she was wrong, was because they are friends. We expect strangers to cancel on us or say "sorry too busy right now" but we never expect our friends to let us down. Her friend may not realize how important PC is to her now and didnt realize the impact. After awhile the friend might do another show for her. But because of the friendship it does become personal.

Besides as a past show and catalog host, before I started selling, I found the catalog was easier to do. I asked my friends to look at the catalog I didnt worry about the food, cleaning or letting my friend down. I know my job at a supermarket doesnt like us waving catalogs around but they dont mind us talking about it. In fact the bosses usually demand to order also.

The only reason I take it personally is because she did avoid me and told me last minute - just a few days before closing.

But you're right, she is a friend.. I shouldn't be too harsh on her, and hopefully she'll do a show again at a later date.

Friends should be more considerateWhen I first got on board with PC about 15 months ago I told everyone and anyone who would listen but especially friends and family about how excited I was. I told them what the extra money would mean for me and my family and that I really love PC so getting products FREe and getting special incentives through PC and cluster meetings because of my sales was great.
I have not had any friends cancel on me, and neither did my family. I understand things come up, I had a friend whose show flopped but it was not any fault of her own. One person showed up to her show. She did manage to get $350 in outside orders for me. That night we ate, talked and had a great time. It was nice even though it wasn't what I expected.
But being my friend she understood the importance of my business, and my PAN O RAMA points!!
It's not to say she won't have a show for you later, but so you won't be upset or hold a grudge tell her how you feel. You are friends after all and honesty is the best policy. She might apologize and reschedule. She might not but at least you let her know that your business is important.
Debbie

1. Why do I feel like my host isn't taking me seriously?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to remember that hosting a party may not be your host's top priority. They may have other things going on in their life that are taking up their time and attention. It's also possible that they may not fully understand the importance of hosting a successful party for your business. It's important to communicate with your host and set clear expectations to ensure they understand the impact their party can have on your business.

2. What can I do to make my host take me more seriously?

There are a few things you can do to help your host take you more seriously. First, make sure you have a clear understanding of their availability and expectations from the beginning. This will help avoid any misunderstandings later on. Additionally, provide them with all the necessary information and resources to help them feel prepared and confident in hosting a successful party. Finally, stay in touch with your host and make sure they know you are available to answer any questions or provide support throughout the party planning process.

3. Should I be concerned if my host isn't taking me seriously?

While it's natural to want your host to be fully invested in the party, it's important to remember that everyone has different priorities and time constraints. As long as your host is still willing to host the party and is open to communication, there's no need to be overly concerned. However, if you feel like your host is completely disinterested or unresponsive, it may be worth discussing your concerns with them or finding a new host.

4. How can I motivate my host to take me more seriously?

One way to motivate your host is by offering incentives or rewards for hosting a successful party. This could be in the form of free products, discounts, or even a special gift from you as a thank you for their efforts. You can also remind them of the benefits they will receive from hosting a party, such as the opportunity to earn free products or discounts for themselves. Ultimately, the key to motivating your host is to make the party planning process as fun and easy as possible for them.

5. What if my host cancels the party or doesn't follow through with their commitments?

If your host cancels the party or doesn't follow through with their commitments, it's important to handle the situation professionally. Reach out to them and ask if everything is okay or if there is anything you can do to help. If they are still unable to host the party, you can offer to help them reschedule for a more convenient time or ask if they know anyone else who may be interested in hosting. Remember to always stay positive and understanding, as your host may have valid reasons for canceling or not following through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Leanna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies