• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating Adjustment Process: My Recent Experience

In summary, the conversation discusses frustrations with the adjustment process for a cracked stone purchased from a recent host. The speaker had to provide additional information and encountered issues with personal information being leaked on shipping labels. They hope for improvements with a new computer program.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
this just feels ridiculous!

A recent host bought a rectangle stone. It cracked in the oven the first time she used it.

I did an online adjustment. Received an email with a reference #, but instructions to not do anything until the adjustment was approved. A couple of days go by. I just got an email asking for the co-host's email, so that they can send her the Fed Ex packing slip by email. I provided the info, then got another email asking exactly how the piece broke.

I sent that info, and am assuming that it's all taken care of, but sheesh! This has happened several times in the last few weeks, and it's frustrating to not be able to just tell the customer that it's taken care of immediately.

I'm really hoping that once the new computer program is up and running, that we'll be able to process exchanges and maybe have a better comments section, so that we can explain--while filling out the adjustment form--how something happened.

That is rediculous...it's also why I've been calling in my exchanges. It's as if they get rewarded for not replacing something that breaks under normal use and care!

Part of my aggravation comes from the fact that giving me the run-around (even if they do eventually replace the item) doesn't make me want to use the website product adjustment!

I've dealt with that same frustration. After one on going adjustment, and 5 broken stones (in one month) I had to call them, which I hate cause it's a 15 hour time difference, stayed on the phone for 30 minutes, then get an email that they need more info. UGH!!!

And just a heads up on something that I hope is new and hasn't been happening all along...my cell is my main number on file with HO because I don't give out my home # to anyone except family - but I did have it as my secondary on my profile and that is the number I call from to do product adjustments - better than wasting call minutes. Anyways, my home number has started showing up on the shipping labels when replacements are sent to CUSTOMERS!!! Even when HO asks for the customer's number every time. I was beyond livid. It also meant that when HO also left off a unit number on a label, FedEx called my house and my husband had no idea what he was talking about and the package was returned to HO. If the customer's number had been on there, it could have gotten to the right place.
I've since removed my home number from my profile with HO completely and I have a few extra steps when calling in an adjustment that I have to take. Still hoping that me calling from my home phone won't somehow get that phone number on the label.
I don't even want to think about my physical address showing up on customer info since I also use a PO Box for everything possible, but of course I have to have a physical address on file with them. In my opinion, this is basically leaking personal information to the public...sorry just a bit of a rant there, but I have young kids and I'd like to keep them safe, you know?

frozenchef said:
And just a heads up on something that I hope is new and hasn't been happening all along...my cell is my main number on file with HO because I don't give out my home # to anyone except family - but I did have it as my secondary on my profile and that is the number I call from to do product adjustments - better than wasting call minutes. Anyways, my home number has started showing up on the shipping labels when replacements are sent to CUSTOMERS!!! Even when HO asks for the customer's number every time. I was beyond livid. It also meant that when HO also left off a unit number on a label, FedEx called my house and my husband had no idea what he was talking about and the package was returned to HO. If the customer's number had been on there, it could have gotten to the right place.
I've since removed my home number from my profile with HO completely and I have a few extra steps when calling in an adjustment that I have to take. Still hoping that me calling from my home phone won't somehow get that phone number on the label.
I don't even want to think about my physical address showing up on customer info since I also use a PO Box for everything possible, but of course I have to have a physical address on file with them. In my opinion, this is basically leaking personal information to the public...sorry just a bit of a rant there, but I have young kids and I'd like to keep them safe, you know?

I hope you shared all this with HO. I'd be inclined to copy your sales manager on this too so they are aware and can help resolve it.

I did let HO know about it, but hadn't thought about telling my sales manager - thanks for the idea Beth :)

My head might explode---An absolutely lovely host from last month wants to exchange her bar pan for a round stone. No worries, I tell her! Here's the customer service # (I always have them call when it's an exchange--if there's a difference in price, HO deals with it, and if they have questions, the customer is right there....), and they will walk you right through the process.THE NIMROD she talked to actually had the audacity to tell her that SHE (the customer) needed the guest special item number for the stone she wanted, or THEY COULDN'T GIVE HER THE SALE PRICE.Is the customer service rep not sitting right in front of a computer??????I had to look the number up for the customer (took me 60 seconds), and she's calling back today. If they still give her a problem, I'll be calling, and it will not be pretty.I'm so steamed about this!

Holy smokes! I've heard lots of stories lately about downright rude customer service reps - I've had ones that handle everything well but just sound like it's such a hassle for them to have to talk to me, but that's more the tone of their voice. Thankful I haven't had anything like this happen yet, but it shouldn't be happening at all - wow.

1. What is the "Frustrating Adjustment Process"?

The "Frustrating Adjustment Process" refers to the difficulties and challenges that individuals may face when trying to adapt and acclimate to a new situation or environment.

2. What are some common experiences that people have during the adjustment process?

Some common experiences during the adjustment process include feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or uncertain, as well as struggling to understand and navigate new cultural norms and expectations.

3. How long does the adjustment process typically last?

The length of the adjustment process can vary greatly depending on the individual and the situation. It can range from a few weeks to several months or even longer.

4. What are some strategies for coping with a frustrating adjustment process?

Some strategies for coping with a frustrating adjustment process include seeking support from friends and family, practicing self-care and self-compassion, and seeking professional help if needed.

5. How can I make the adjustment process easier for myself?

Some ways to make the adjustment process easier include being open-minded and flexible, actively seeking out opportunities to learn and grow, and having a positive attitude towards the challenges that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sk8rgrrl99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • Rosechef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
plannerose
  • flemings99