• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Homemade Donuts: A 4-H Cooking Demo

In summary, the recipe for quick & easy homemade donuts takes around 30 minutes to prepare and cook. The necessary ingredients for the donut batter include all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, milk, egg, vegetable oil, and sugar. For the glaze, you will need powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. You can use a different type of oil, such as canola oil, for frying the donuts. Special equipment needed includes a donut cutter or two different sized round cookie cutters, a deep frying pan or pot, and a cooking thermometer. While the donuts are best when freshly made, they can be stored for up to 2 days and reheated in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for
christinaspc
Silver Member
I teach a 4-H cooking class twice a month and one of my girls gave her demostration and it was making donuts and I was thinking boy this is going to take a long time but it takes less then 20 mins !!!! What she did was get a pkg of the phillsbury bisquits in the refrigerator section and take our bakers roller and just flatten them out a bit and then take our corer and cut a whole in it and then you go put them in a pay with oil and just cook till they are brown-golden and then dip them in anything you like my kids liked them in cinnamon & sugar. They were so simple and easy and tasted just as good as donuts you get from the bakery just wanted to share this with all of you.

Re: DonutsWe call those "Cheater Donuts" in our house. They're good. You can also dip them your favorite glaze. Just make it a bit thicker than usual. Yum!

Re: DonutsOh my, I never thought about doing this. My grandkids are going to thank you!

Re: DonutsSounds great.... THANKS!

Re: DonutsWe used to make these in our hot pots in our dorm rooms when I was in college. :chef: Brings back some fun memories to read about them.

1. How long does it take to make the homemade donuts?

The recipe for quick & easy homemade donuts typically takes around 30 minutes to prepare and cook.

2. What ingredients are needed to make the donuts?

You will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, milk, egg, vegetable oil, and sugar for the donut batter. For the glaze, you will need powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.

3. Can I use a different type of oil for frying the donuts?

Yes, you can substitute vegetable oil with canola oil or any other type of neutral-flavored oil for frying the donuts.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make the donuts?

You will need a donut cutter or two different sized round cookie cutters to shape the dough into donuts. A deep frying pan or pot and a cooking thermometer are also recommended for frying the donuts.

5. Can I make the donuts ahead of time and reheat them later?

While the donuts are best when they are freshly made, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a few minutes until they are warm and crispy again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chef131doreen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies