• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!

In summary, the speaker's husband has dangerously high cholesterol and despite their efforts to eat healthy, his mother continues to offer unhealthy foods. The speaker is frustrated and worried about her husband's health and is trying to teach their children healthy eating habits.
chefcharity
We just found out a week or so ago that my husbands cholesterol is OUTRAGEOUS! And I don't mean just a little high, I mean Try. in the 500's! Bad Chol doesn't register it is so high and good chol is a 24. Now, if you don't know what that means, it means, pretty much that he a walking heart attack waiting to happen!

We don't eat that bad. Everything we eat is wheat, hardly any red meat in house (all chk, deer, turkey), no snack cakes and on and on. Now, what he does when not at home, I cannot control.

Ok, so his mother - who had a heart attack at 35, has a pace maker and has been in the hospital numerous times over her heart - still smokes a pack a day and cooks like she always has. Even though she knows how upset we are over this, she doesn't try. We went over there for dinner tonight - they were fixing steaks. DH told her we'd bring chk. So, we cooked chk and steaks on grill.. DH was PERFECTLY happy w/ chk! It wasn't even my decision, he made the call. Anyhow, MIL kept going on about how good the steak was and offering him more and offering him a taste. You know, really, come on.. shouldn't you be just a little concerned about his health? She feels she had all those problems and a little (a lot!) of medicine has helped her. Well, forgive me for not thinking a man of 38yrs old should live the rest of his life on medication when he can make better choices.

She told a SIL that I needed to 'lighten up" with him over this. call me crazy, but I'd really like the father of my children to grow old with me. I can't help but blame her just a little for his condition. Although it is hereditary feeding him steak, potatoes, biscuits, gravy, snack cakes and every other unhealthy thing under the sun for 30 yrs before I found him didn't help! I would never come out and say that to her because it IS irrational and I know that. I'm just very irritated.

So, hopefully my DH can withstand the peer pressure from his FAMILY and live to see 40. Now I get to worry about teaching my kids the good food from the bad so they don't end up like this in 30yrs. Yes, they can still have SOME fries.. just not daily! I'm not a crazy mom! ... well, a little, but I try not to be. :)

Thank you for letting me vent. So over a grown woman thinking there are no consiquences for treating your body like crap. God did not give up bodies to abuse! Granted, we all have at one time or another. BUT we should learn and move on....

ok.. really, i'm done now. UGH! In-laws!!!

Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation. It's understandable that you're frustrated and worried about your husband's health. It's also frustrating when family members don't seem to take it seriously and continue to offer unhealthy foods. Have you considered talking to your mother-in-law about your concerns and how her habits may be influencing your husband's health? It's important to have open and honest communication, even if it's difficult. And it's great that your husband is making healthier choices, even in the face of peer pressure. Keep encouraging him and setting a good example for your kids. Good luck!

Dear frustrated spouse,I can understand your frustration and concern for your husband's health. It can be difficult when we have loved ones who do not make the best choices for their health. However, it is important to remember that ultimately, the responsibility for our health lies with ourselves.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have access to many delicious and healthy recipes that can help your husband manage his cholesterol. With the right diet and lifestyle changes, he can significantly improve his health and reduce his risk of heart disease.I would be happy to share some tips and recipes with you and your husband to help him on his journey to better health. In the meantime, continue to support and encourage him in making healthier choices, and remember to take care of yourself as well. Thank you for sharing your frustrations and allowing me to offer support. Take care.

1. What exactly is "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!"?

"I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" is a popular cooking tool from Pampered Chef that is designed to make grilling and roasting easier and more efficient.

2. How does "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" work?

This tool features a unique design that allows it to be placed on top of any grill or oven rack. It has small openings that allow heat and smoke to circulate around the food, creating a perfectly cooked and evenly browned dish.

3. What types of food can be cooked with "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!"?

"I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" is perfect for grilling or roasting a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables, and even fruits. It can also be used to make delicious sandwiches and paninis.

4. Is "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" easy to clean?

Yes, "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" is made with high-quality non-stick material, making it very easy to clean. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. How can I purchase "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!"?

You can purchase "I Sweat It Is Like My Mil Is Trying to Kill My Husband!" directly from the Pampered Chef website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find it at select retailers and cooking supply stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies