• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I Spent the Afternoon Clearing My Desk and Trying to Get Caught up

In summary, Chantelle spends the afternoon clearing her desk and trying to get caught up with all the little reminder notes she writes herself. Several of them were prod adj that she had taken care of (this is her LEAST favorite thing to do). Now, when she processes them, she tells the people that she has not received the returns information that they were expecting. She also tries to do more for her customers by emailing them to let them know that she has adjusted their order. However, she receives a negative response from the customer. Finally, Chantelle shares her feelings about this situation.
I spent the afternoon clearing my desk and trying to get caught up with all the little reminder notes I write myself.:D Several of them were prod adj that I had taken care of (this is my LEAST favorite thing to do). Now, when I process them I tell them that the info for returns doesn't always show up for me to track so if they need anything else to please let me know. Today I thought, " I am trying to be better about cc so I will just send a quick email to them to make sure they are satisfied and then toss all my sticky notes." I went to pick my kids up from school feeling great about going the extra mile :) Anyway here was the response I came home to.....GRRR. why did I even try??

Dear Chantelle,
I'm a little put-out with Pampered Chef. Like most moms, it's hard for me to find extra time for details like exchanging faulty items. I haven't found the opportunity to return the scoop yet(btw this was ordered back in Oct), but I would appreciate if you would pass on my frustration with Pampered Chef. Thanks so much! Happy Feast of the Presentation. Thanks so much for your kind help. XXXX

One of my resolutions is to stick up for myself better and not let little things like this get to me so I did send a response and I am deleting her email, but I thought venting on here might help too!!! By the way most of her kids are grown adults too ( I am not saying that doesn't make you busy!:blushing: it just kind of made me lol esp since mine are all little)
My response:
I am sorry that you feel that way. Pampered Chef does provide free shipping for items to be sent back for 30 days from the original purchase this includes faulty items as well as exchanges when people change their minds. If you would like to talk to them further about this you can call Pampered Chef directly at 1-888-OUR- CHEF. Your show order number is 441704 K- 522. If it helps at all you should be able to mail the items from home by using the post office's website at www.usps.com Let me know if you need anything else.
Have a great day,
Chantelle
And now I feel better!! Thanks for letting me vent

Hmmm, I wonder if she'd have found time to run by Wal-Mart if it was something she bought from there that was broken?

I feel your pain! I've also been re-organizing and trying to stay on top of my biz better too. Just made a booking call (to someone who told me to call her to schedule b/c she really wants the DCB)...that woman could not get me off the phone fast enough...she wasn't rude, but I could tell that she had no interest in talking to me and absolutely no intentions of having a show...grrr!!! Put me in a bad mood. I better hurry and call someone else and get my good mood back!

Sheila said:
Hmmm, I wonder if she'd have found time to run by Wal-Mart if it was something she bought from there that was broken?

Too true, Sheila!

Chantelle - feel good about your extra step of customer service. I submit the adjustment and forget about it. Now I'm getting so that I tell them how to contact PC. For my hosts or people inside the 30 days, I'll do it for them or if I can easily do it online. If they're going to bitch, they can do it to HO.

As cynical as it sounds/is, I'm starting to truly believe the phrase, "No good deed goes unpunished." I'll grrrr right along with you today.

1. What is "I Spent the Afternoon Clearing My Desk and Trying to Get Caught up" about?

"I Spent the Afternoon Clearing My Desk and Trying to Get Caught up" is an essay written by an individual reflecting on their experience of spending an afternoon organizing and catching up on work at their desk.

2. Why did the author feel the need to clear their desk and get caught up?

The author felt overwhelmed and behind on their work, leading them to spend an afternoon decluttering and organizing their desk in an attempt to catch up on their tasks.

3. What was the author's experience like while clearing their desk and getting caught up?

The author describes feeling a mix of frustration, exhaustion, and satisfaction as they tackled the clutter on their desk and worked through their backlog of tasks.

4. Did the author successfully catch up on their work?

While the author was able to make progress and complete some tasks, they also realized that there will always be more work to be done and that staying organized is an ongoing process.

5. What is the overall message of "I Spent the Afternoon Clearing My Desk and Trying to Get Caught up"?

The essay serves as a reminder that staying organized and on top of tasks is a continuous effort, and that taking the time to declutter and catch up can lead to a sense of accomplishment and improved productivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • kidzmom55
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda