• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suspicions Arose: Contact Request for $279 Order

In summary, this person claimed to be from Ohio and wanted to order from me. However, the broken English and the offer to write a check set off my Spidey Senses. I contacted H.O. and they said to spam
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I got a contact me request from a person who claimed to want to place an order. I just replied with the website (because duh, they found my website.)The person claimed to place a $279 order. But the broken English and the offer to write a check set off my Spidey Senses. Thanks a lot for the reply,am so much happy? i was just going through
your Pampered chef.com and find some nice product that i will love to
order from you .. I will have ordered them from my former consultant
rep but she is died now and i really miss her,because she do
understand me ,honest and nice to me. I will love to make you my new
consultant Rep .if u don't mind. I will be mailing payment to you in
form of a check as i do not Have a Credit card or Debit card and i am
a deaf Woman so if you help me with this order kindly email me back
with the total price of the items. Below are the list of the items i
will like to order from you :

Thinking that since I already stupidly replied (which gave this "person" my email address) that I could say "sorry, I don't accept out of state checks. If you want to go to the grocery store and get a $300 visa gift card, that could be easily done."

I got a similar email, and I cheerfully replied that though I didn't take paper checks, I'd be happy to take his payment electronically. Never heard another word. You were right to be alert!

I contacted H.O. and they said to spam her on my email and contact the Federal Trade Commission via email to report the issue. Their email is [email protected] I hope this helps other too.April 2016....this is what I posted and see responces....
  1. I believe I just got one too.......where and how did they find me? Or is it?
  2. Pampered Chef [email protected] via http://bounce.mail.thepamperedchef.com/
    Apr 5 (1 day ago)
    cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
    cleardot.gif
    Contact Me
    First Name Sender: sherry
    Last Name Sender: smith
    Sender EmailAddress : [email protected]
    Day Phone :
    Evening Phone :
    Cell Phone : (832) 930-3381
    Other Phone :
    Preferred Phone : Cell
    Best Time of Contact: morning
    Address 1 :
    Address 2 :
    Address 3 :
    City:
    State:
    zip:
    What brought you here? :
    Contact Reason:
    Message: I WANT TO ORDER !then this is what I sent her back:Alma Mejia <[email protected]>
    Apr 5 (1 day ago)
    cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to talk2sherry101
    cleardot.gif
    Hello Sherry, I would love to help you. Please give me a call at 916-719-2096 and I can help you with your order or you can just shop on my website at www.pamperedchef.biz/almas. If this is under someones show please let me know who it is and I can send you the link to give them credit. Happy shopping.If you have received this communication in error, or no longer wish to receive mail from me and products/information about The Pampered Chef, please notify me immediately to be removed from my mailing list.ALMA MEJIA
    Independent Consultant
    THE PAMPERED CHEF
    916-719-2096 (cell)Then back to me:https://plus.google.com/u/0/_/focus/photos/public/AIbEiAIAAABDCOmf29rLmeijASILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGJhY2ZjOWE5NmJhYTQ1YzNmMWY5OTEzZGVmYTUzNTU1MWQwNWFlYjIwAdvCT3QXmILCxXmcItljPYSKWkV2?sz=32
    sherry smith
    6:11 AM (5 hours ago)
    cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to meI need you to place an Order for me and also want to be your new Customer, My Boss would mail you Check for the amount of the Pampered , the shipping fee and the tax as well since i don't operate CREDIT CARD and am a DEAF WOMAN. The table below illustrate my Order. The Check MUST arrive before placing my Order.Item Description Qty Retail Price Total Price
    kids cooking baking set 2 $64.50 $142.31
    RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Note : Are the products all hand-packed ? Email me with your Full Name, Address and Cell Phone Nbr so that Check can be mail out asap and will it be shipped to me directly from Company ? My address will be included in the Check whileThk YouThen meAlma Mejia <[email protected]>
    9:05 AM (2 hours ago)
    cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to sherry, bcc: Cynthia (Cynthia is my line up, thought she needed to know)
    cleardot.gif
    Hello Sherry, is there a family member or a friend that could help you out with placing the order with a credit card?What is the address to where the items need to be shipped to? This will amend the your final price since shipping and tax need to be included.You can shop 24 hours a day/7 days a week directly on my website at www.PamperedChef.Biz/Almashappy shopping!Thank you for your attention and support.HELP - What to you think?Apr 6, 2017EditDeleteReport
    #31+ QuoteReply

3. Alma

This could be starting again. Just got the info below. The last one like it was from Sasha Fox. I replied saying it is very easy to order directly from my website and to follow the online ordering instructions. I have not replied to this one, but I feel it is bogus, too. Did a search for the # and it is from Missouri. Definitely far from Ohio.
    First Name Sender: sherry
    Last Name Sender: smith
    Sender EmailAddress : [email protected]
    Day Phone :
    Evening Phone :
    Cell Phone :
    (281) 603-7061
    Other Phone :
    Preferred Phone :
    Cell
    Best Time of Contact: morning
    Address 1 :
    Address 2 :
    Address 3 :
    City:
    State:
    zip:
    What brought you here? :
    Contact Reason:
    I WANT TO ORDER !
  4. Hey I got the same person too just yesterday, what can/should we do? Where do they find this information at?I contacted H.O. and they said to spam her on my email and contact the Federal Trade Commission via email to report the issue. Their email is [email protected]. I hope this helps other too.Thanks.Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Apr 6, 2017EditDeleteReport
    #32+ QuoteReply
    byrd1956 likes this.

• MyPamperedSelf
    New

Totally get that it has all the signs of a scam...but I thought these scams worked with you depositing some overly huge amount in your account and then writing a check for the difference back to the person. (If they owe you $10 but send you a check for $110 and ask you to send the difference ($100) back.)In this the person is offering a money order - isn't that as good as cash in hand? What am I missing?Or are the phishing for address and personal info?
    Click to expand...Sunday at 7:31 PMReport
    #33Like+ QuoteReply

• MyPamperedSelf
    NewThere are huge money order and cashiers checks scams out there. It will be returned and you are out double for the money order and the order you placed for them and shipped.

Cell phone Ohio vs Missouri doesn't mean anything - lots of people move and keep their same cell number from a previous address.This is an old scam, though. There are previous posts here on Chef Success about the money order/cashier check stuff. Please report them to FTC!Fake money orders & cashiers checks can easily be printed. Weeks later your bank will make you pay it back after the National Finance Center rejects it back to the bank.
https://www.thebalance.com/can-i-verify-funds-on-a-money-order-315048

Also HO wants to know about scammers, so it's good to let them know about them as well. That's what I did for one that I got. And I have pretty much adopted a "no checks" rule from someone not associated with a party or other connection. Glad that your "spidey senses" went off!

I just got two emails last week like this; one from Linda Dale and one from Kimberly Robert. I'm going through send them into HQ

Got an message from talk2sherry101@gmail today. Immediately put the address into Google search and found that I'm not the first one!

ckpi said:
I just got two emails last week like this; one from Linda Dale and one from Kimberly Robert. I'm going through send them into HQ
I just got one from Harris Dale. No phone , just a gmail email address.
“I want to orders from you!”
Really, you were on my website....duh....

I just got the exact same email. It seemed fishy to me so I looked up the address I was given. It's a legit house but it didn't look very well taken care of. If someone could afford a $300 order then I think they could live in a better house. I just replied saying I don't take checks and to use a Visa gift card. We'll see what happens. I don't expect a reply.

1. What is "Suspicions Arose: Contact Request for $279 Order"?

"Suspicions Arose: Contact Request for $279 Order" is a notification that the transaction for a $279 order has been flagged for potential fraud or suspicion. It is a precautionary measure to ensure the safety and security of our customers' orders and accounts.

2. Why was my order flagged for suspicion?

Orders may be flagged for suspicion due to various reasons, such as unusual activity on the account, discrepancies in billing and shipping information, or previous fraudulent activity associated with the account. Our system automatically flags orders for further review to protect our customers and their orders.

3. What should I do if my order has been flagged for suspicion?

If your order has been flagged for suspicion, you will receive a "Suspicions Arose: Contact Request for $279 Order" notification. Please follow the instructions in the notification to verify your order and account information. Our customer service team may also reach out to you for additional information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is for the safety and security of your order and account.

4. Will my order be canceled if it has been flagged for suspicion?

Not necessarily. If your order is flagged for suspicion, our team will review the information provided and make a determination on whether to cancel or process the order. We understand the urgency of receiving your Pampered Chef products and will do our best to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

5. How can I prevent my orders from being flagged for suspicion in the future?

To avoid having your orders flagged for suspicion, please make sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information when placing an order. If you are using a credit card, please ensure the billing and shipping information matches the information on file with your credit card company. Additionally, keep your account login information secure and monitor your account for any suspicious activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katem51
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katem51
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies