• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But...

In summary, my coworker had some SERIOUS PMS and I offered to go ask HR if we could have Midol available in the vending machines. Well, I guess what I should ask is... how can I make my website more navigable....I don't want to have a huge blatant "rates" or "signup" link right splash in the middle of the site.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I am scratching my head over some recent emails....

With the Fall Flash this year, I made it an emailable format and so what I asked people to do is sign up on the sample request page of my website so you can be added to the database and I can generate your personal copy.

Except, after I send out the email, I get emails back asking "how much" and "where do I sign up?"

Forgive me, but if you were already on my website to sign up for the sample, wouldn't you look around to see the other info? I hate to think I built a website that answers all the frequently asked questions, only to have nobody read it!

I used to put an intro or disclaimer at the top of the email... perhaps I should go back to doing so.....

PampChefJoy said:
I am scratching my head over some recent emails....

With the Fall Flash this year, I made it an emailable format and so what I asked people to do is sign up on the sample request page of my website so you can be added to the database and I can generate your personal copy.

Except, after I send out the email, I get emails back asking "how much" and "where do I sign up?"

Forgive me, but if you were already on my website to sign up for the sample, wouldn't you look around to see the other info? I hate to think I built a website that answers all the frequently asked questions, only to have nobody read it!

I used to put an intro or disclaimer at the top of the email... perhaps I should go back to doing so.....

2 things at work there Joy :

1. There are some who have no clue how to navigate the internet or a website

2. There are some who don't stop to think that by asking a question that could be easily answered by doing a minute of research - they are adding a ton of emails to your inbox.

Sorry!

And thanks for all you do.

Well, let me share my modified saying for today when I had to deal with a co-worker with SERIOUS PMS!

"Change the people or change the people, and if you don't have the authority to do so, just ignore them."

:D

That got a co-worker that was dealing with her today through the day. That and my offer to go ask HR if we could have Midol available in the vending machines.

Well, I guess what I should ask is... how can I make my website more navigable....I don't want to have a huge blatant "rates" or "signup" link right splash in the middle of the site.

Like I said, I don't want to sound ungrateful for the extra traffic. I really am thankful for the business and many are more than generous with sending me thank you's and praise -- and I really do love being helpful... I love getting emails back about how people always get increased web orders or bookings after my newsletter goes out.

But like I said -- scratching the head a bit. Today seemed particularly prolific with the weird inquiries... (apologies if any of you emailed me today -- but I really don't think it's any regulars on this site because you all "know" me.... One of the emails asked me if I were a real consultant.... I guess that's a valid question....)

I don't have an answer for you...I just went to your website and was able to navigate just fine and signed up (I kept telling myself I could do mine own newsletter and finally realized I was delusional :D).

I look forward to "working" with you and can't wait to report the success I have with your newsletter!

I think people would rather have the info delivered to their inbox then spend the 30 seconds to search for themselves, as silly as that is. I don't think changing the site will help at all. The only thing I could think of was adding something to the "contact us" page that links to both the rates and FAQ, and then says something like "If you have a question that isn't answered on either of these pages, contact us at..." but I don't know that it is necessary or will help at all. Personally I saw the "rates" section as soon as the homepage opened, so I don't know why people would have a problem with it. I wouldn't ignore the requests, but I do think its perfectly acceptable to include a link to the rates page in the e-mail and politely direct them there to find the answer. It saves you the time of typing or copying and pasting the answer into an e-mail, and it also makes them aware that the information was readily available on the site.

Thank you for the feedback! I definitely do not ignore the requests. I usually just send them back to the website with a link to the main page and say "all the info you're looking for is at...." but I still want to make it user-friendly. After all, if everyone was technologically savvy, I would be out of a job!

To be honest, I am quite lazy at times and it is much easier to link back to the site than to type it all out again.... but I do pride myself on as much personal service as possible.

Joy... trust me you would still have a job even if everyone was tech savvy. I am pretty tech savvy and just don't have the time, energy or motivation to make my own newsletter - heck I don't even have the patience to send it out myself! So I have a feeling there are lots of tech savvy people that are grateful for your service. I don't have any real advice for you, as I found everything I needed super-easy on your website. However good luck and God bless!

GourmetGirl said:
Joy... trust me you would still have a job even if everyone was tech savvy. I am pretty tech savvy and just don't have the time, energy or motivation to make my own newsletter - heck I don't even have the patience to send it out myself! So I have a feeling there are lots of tech savvy people that are grateful for your service. I don't have any real advice for you, as I found everything I needed super-easy on your website. However good luck and God bless!

Yeah - what she said! :D I'm one of those tech savvy's too & I just don't have the time! So thank you! I did get the email today & appreciate that!

It's not you, Joy. That's just how people are. (OK, that came out sounding worse than I meant it.) We had a saying at work, "Build it idiot-proof, and they'll build a better idiot." You wouldn't believe the silly things we'd have to do to test program screens.

When you send them a sample how about including a link to see rates and a link to sign up!

I signed up for the sample and never did get it ... I will shoot you an e-mail shortly.I was able to see your rates ... but I know that there is some kind of credit people get for "referrals ..." and since ex-director (who is still selling) is one of your subscribers, I'm curious whether she still gets (or wants) credit.I may have to wait to sign up anyway ... my PWS is up for renewal and I'm not sure about taking on 2 expenses at once!

If you list a name are a referral, they get one month sous chef credit, as long as they are an active subscriber at the time of the referral. If they aren't on my books, I don't really have a way of giving them credit... but I can also credit to someone else as a gift, incentive, etc.

Di - sign up again on the sample request form. I send that out in batch and reset the database, so I would need your info re-populated.

thanks,
Joy

Will do, Joy! Thanks for understanding!ETA ... I am a Yahoo user but check my spam folder regularly!

1. What does "I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..." mean in the context of Pampered Chef?

"I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..." is a phrase used to preface feedback or criticism about a Pampered Chef product or service. It acknowledges that the speaker may come off as ungrateful or negative, but they still want to express their thoughts in a respectful manner.

2. Is it appropriate to use "I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..." when giving feedback to Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is always important to be respectful and considerate when providing feedback to any company, including Pampered Chef. Using this phrase can help soften the tone of your feedback and show that you appreciate the company's efforts.

3. How should I phrase my feedback after using "I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..."?

After using this phrase, it is important to be specific and constructive with your feedback. Instead of simply stating what you don't like, offer suggestions for improvement or share your personal experience with the product or service.

4. Will using "I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..." guarantee that my feedback will be well-received?

While using this phrase can help set a respectful tone, it does not guarantee that your feedback will be well-received. It is important to remember that everyone has their own opinions and experiences, and it is up to the company to decide how to use the feedback they receive.

5. Can I use "I Really Don't Mean to Sound Ungrateful... But..." in a public review or on social media?

Yes, you can use this phrase in a public review or on social media. However, it is important to still be mindful of your tone and to provide specific and constructive feedback. Remember, public reviews and social media posts can have a bigger impact, so it is important to be respectful and considerate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
areacmayor
Replies