• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!

In summary, the conversation is about a woman who pre-judged a potential recruit for her team because of her appearance and personality. She initially thought the woman would not be a good fit for the company and almost threw away her catalog. However, the woman ended up contacting her and becoming her newest team member. The conversation ends with the woman realizing her mistake and being excited for the potential of her new team member. The expert summarizer's output is "In summary, a woman initially pre-judges a potential recruit for her team but ends up being pleasantly surprised when the woman becomes her newest team member."
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Several months ago I did a booth and met a TW lady who told me she might be interested in selling PC. I gave her a Come Join Us flyer and we talked throughout the day, she gave me her catalog and told me to call her. Well, I got home and tossed her catalog thinking to myself, this lady is never gonna sell PC and I have a friend who sells TW so I don't need this. I'm thinking, she's doing the 'TW thing' and she lives so far away from me - not gonna work....(she was a 'talker' too - a little bit annoying and well I'll just be blunt she is kinda 'unrefined'....I know, I know - I prejudged! Shame on me!). So, she calls me last night and says Hey Linda this is 'so and so' from the Pine Mnt Fair, remember me? You never called me back and I want to sell PC.... :eek: gasp :eek: ! Long story short - she is my newest team member!

I am kicking myself and ashamed for prejudging! She will probably turn out to be the biggest seller on my team and I almost didn't get her....and if she turns out to be a kit-napper, well, so what - it happens.

Congratulations!

I had an experience of pre-judging like that in October! Thankfully, she signed anyway, also!

Congrats! At least you made a good impression to make her want to call you back. ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Several months ago I did a booth and met a TW lady who told me she might be interested in selling PC. I gave her a Come Join Us flyer and we talked throughout the day, she gave me her catalog and told me to call her. Well, I got home and tossed her catalog thinking to myself, this lady is never gonna sell PC and I have a friend who sells TW so I don't need this. I'm thinking, she's doing the 'TW thing' and she lives so far away from me - not gonna work....(she was a 'talker' too - a little bit annoying and well I'll just be blunt she is kinda 'unrefined'....I know, I know - I prejudged! Shame on me!). So, she calls me last night and says Hey Linda this is 'so and so' from the Pine Mnt Fair, remember me? You never called me back and I want to sell PC.... :eek: gasp :eek: ! Long story short - she is my newest team member!

I am kicking myself and ashamed for prejudging! She will probably turn out to be the biggest seller on my team and I almost didn't get her....and if she turns out to be a kit-napper, well, so what - it happens.

I just love you Linda...you are so me. LOL

Chefbeckyd said:
Congratulations!

I had an experience of pre-judging like that in October! Thankfully, she signed anyway, also!

I try really hard not to pre-judge and it really kicked me in the gut when I realized I was guilty of it.

Sheila said:
Congrats! At least you made a good impression to make her want to call you back. ;)

I hadn't thought of it that way, thanks!

I wish all the ones I've prejudged throughout the years would have turned out like this!!! Thanks for the reminder Linda! You crack me up...'unrefined'...:D!!

We've all done that Linda! Don't be hard on yourself!!! I'm so happy it worked out for you!

chefruthie said:
I wish all the ones I've prejudged throughout the years would have turned out like this!!! Thanks for the reminder Linda! You crack me up...'unrefined'...:D!!

Well, she is a very nice person, a little-bit rough around the edges (okay it goes deeper than the edge ;)) but I think she will do just fine...she loves PC so she already has that going for her. She is actually a year younger than me, has 5 kids and 5 grandkids....and her email address is "hotgranny@...") I'm going to enjoy having her on my team. Like I said, watch her turn out to be a star.

finley1991 said:
We've all done that Linda! Don't be hard on yourself!!!

I'm so happy it worked out for you!

Me too! We need a little eye-opener every now and then.

Congratulations on the new recruit!! You guys will probably be good for each other (I do not mean that in a snotty sarcastic way).

1. What is "I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!" about?

"I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!" is a book written by Pampered Chef consultant, Jane Smith, about her personal experience with prejudice and how it almost cost her a valuable friendship. It also offers tips on how to overcome preconceived notions and build stronger relationships.

2. Is this book only applicable to Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the lessons and insights shared in "I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!" can be applied to anyone in any profession or personal situation. It is a universal message about the dangers of prejudice and how to overcome it.

3. Can I purchase this book in bulk for my team or organization?

Yes, "I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!" is available for bulk purchase. Please contact Pampered Chef's customer service for more information on bulk orders and pricing.

4. Does this book offer any practical advice or solutions?

Yes, the book not only shares Jane's personal story, but also offers tips and strategies for overcoming prejudice and building stronger relationships. It also includes reflection questions and exercises to help readers apply the lessons to their own lives.

5. Is "I Prejudged....and It Almost Cost Me!" available in other formats besides a physical book?

Yes, the book is also available as an e-book for purchase on various online platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • pchockeymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefBeckyD