• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification

In summary, John passed the A+ CompTIA test and is now studying for the CompTIA N+ (Network) training. This 18-week course has one test and is only an 18-week course. John started the training last week and is already starting to understand the material. He is inspired by the encouragement of others and is grateful for their help.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I am officially an A+ Technician. At least in theory! Not yet in practice. Although I added more memory to Pat's computer and I replaced my own laptops LCD this last week. I passed both of the A+ CompTIA test as of today. I get the official certificate in about a week. Too funny huh? Considering that a little over a month ago, I was so sure I could not do this. So now it is on to the CompTIA N+ (Network) training. This is one is only an 18 week course! YIPES! And this one only has one test. But I started the training last week and well, I am understanding it. It helps that I know a lot of the set up. Now I can connect the terminology. Instead of this cable or that box, I know that it is Cat 6 cable and that box is a router, hub or switch. Thanks everyone for the encouragement and the help study tips! They sure did work!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bravo!

Congratulations John!

I can feel your enthusiasm in your post.

Best of luck.

Thanks Deb - that means a lot!

WAHOO!!! So proud of you for this whole journey. It's inspiring.

I am so excited for you! I'm studying for the CompTIA Project+ exam, so I know it's a commitment! I have thought about studying for the A+, but at this point it's beyond me! hooray! good for you, you are an inspiration~

bananahuge.gif

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it.

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Congratulations John!

since KG gave you the big dancing banana....should I give you Burt? lol

Congratulations! We all knew you could do it!!

John! YEAH!!! I can't top the dancing banana- but we are all very proud of you!!!!! I know how hard those tests can be!! I've watched my husband work up through the levels of those exams- starting with from the bottom- all the way up to his CCIE (he's taken a few). They take alot out of you, but you persevered.Congratulations!!

Congratulations john!!

Congratulations! Such an awesome job and totally worthy of the giant dancing banana!​

congrats John... soon you'll be configuring routers, firewalls and servers.

wahoo!!!!! so proud of you.

pamperedlinda said:
Congratulations John!

since KG gave you the big dancing banana....should I give you Burt? lol

I don't think Burt is his type.

rimshot.gif

I hate to sound dumb but what is a Burt - and KG, are implying that a dancing BANANA is my type? Or should I simply not go there!
Marghi - keep us posted! I know how difficult it is to push through especially if it has been a while since school although, from the pix, you look like you could still be in high school! What is the course about? I am curious.

It's an obscure reference to a photograph of Burt Reynolds that used to make an occasional appearance in certain threads that were either hijacked or the usual nonsense, like another one about people over 40.

You rock, John! Way to go!!

Congrats John! So glad to hear how well you're doing and how much you're enjoying it!

You know you are right, I am enjoying the challenge. I did not realized how much I miss a good problem and working through it. At my age, I need the stimulus!

Congratulations!!! :D

John, lol! It's a recent pic (maybe 2 yrs old) but the light is behind me. I'm old enough that if I'd had kids they could be college grads by now.

Project + is about shepherding projects and project teams from initiation to completion, including coordinating resources, people, and tasks. SOrt of management with no authority!

Thanks for the compliment, you really made me laugh!

Well Marghi - good luck on that one. The basis sounds great but you are a better person than I. I could not be stern enough or light enough either to be a good "leader". I would loose it somewhere and never get a team to complete much of anything except chaos! And never laugh at a compliment! I have started to hear the comment about "people your age" and it really ticks me off! So take them, smile and remember, some where when you least expect it, you too will be a "person your age" one of these days! And thank you everyone for your kindness. I still think you are the best people on the planet!

What is "A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification"?

"A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef that prepares individuals for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. It is designed for those who have already obtained the CompTIA A+ certification and want to advance their skills in the field of networking.

Who is eligible for the "A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification" program?

This program is open to anyone who has already obtained the CompTIA A+ certification. It is ideal for IT professionals who want to expand their knowledge and skills in networking, as well as for individuals who are looking to start a career in the IT industry.

How long does it take to complete the "A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification" program?

The program duration varies depending on the individual's pace of learning and prior knowledge. On average, it takes about 3-4 months to complete the program and prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. However, participants have access to the program materials for 6 months.

What topics are covered in the "A+ Technician- Now What? A Journey to N+ Certification" program?

The program covers a wide range of topics including network infrastructure, network operations, network security, troubleshooting, and more. Participants will also learn about different network devices, protocols, and technologies.

What are the benefits of obtaining the CompTIA Network+ certification?

The CompTIA Network+ certification is recognized globally and is a valuable credential for IT professionals. It demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of networking concepts and skills, making individuals more marketable to potential employers. It also serves as a foundation for advanced certifications and career growth in the IT industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies