• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Never Would Have Thought of This...

In summary, the Pampered Chef is hosting an Open House on May 16th from 2-4pm to show off their new products. If you are interested in purchasing any of the products, or hosting a fund raiser, please RSVP to the contact email above.
ButterflyVioletta
and really don't think it's my style. But makes for interesting discussion. Would you do an Open House and post it on CL?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/1164521470.html

Actually, she's breaking the rules because we're not supposed to advertise online at all. I made the same mistake when I was new - I posted on craigslist for bookings. Luckily everyone here told me that was not allowed and I took my post down!

Here is the ad... Just for reference:

Pampered Chef Open House (Dale City, VA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-10, 11:45PM EDT

The Pampered Chef cordially invites you to a
OPEN HOUSE Saturday, May 16th from 2:00-4:00pm
I will be showing you simple, fast, and easy sweet desserts that will have your mouth watering, and coming back for more!

Join me in the month of May to Help Whip Cancer. From May 1 - 31, 2009, you can participate several different ways:
• Attend the Fundraiser and purchase the special Help Whip Cancer products. The Pampered Chef will contribute $1 from the sale of each product to the American Cancer Society.
• Hosting a Help Whip Cancer Pampered Chef Cooking Show Fund-raiser.
• Book a show from this fund raiser—a $3 contribution will be given by Pampered Chef. If you book a show with me during the Open House, I will send you home with a free gift!!
• Bring a friend and you will also receive a FREE gift!! Be ready to play games!!
We have three brand new products this May:

The Pampered Chef® Favorites Daisy Dessert Plates Dots Microfiber Towel
Recipe Card Collection $5.00 $21.50 $8.50

And if you host a May show or Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser, you can get this great Host item:
Daisy Dessert Plates and Appetizer Stand
$41.40
Daisy Dessert Plates
$8.60
AND: Simple Additions Small Square Bowls
And Caddy only $12.40

Please RSVP to the contact email above. Only serious inquiries! If you are unable to attend, but would still like to purchase, please let me know.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1164521470

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely not! It's too dangerous and the crowd control might be ridiculous. Even though they have to contact the rep, and he/she screens, you never really know who'll be sowing up at your door. Not to mention, that people will know where you live, and essentially not everyone will be trustworthy.

Also, not sure on PC's policy on such posts....so who knows who will report you.

Rule breaking aside, the thing that concerns me is it says "The Pampered Chef" is inviting you. TPC is not inviting anyone - the consultant is!

I just can't imagine giving the general public an invitation to come to my home, sight unseen. That can get dangerous or at the very least open you up to theft....

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Also, not sure on PC's policy on such posts....so who knows who will report you.
The policy is that this is not allowed, if it's posted by a consultant.

If anyone here is not familiar with the online advertising and publicity policies, I highly recommend that you read them. The policies are available on Consultant's Corner, in the Frequently Visited Links area to the right of the CC home page. Ignorance of the policies is not a defense for breaking them.

chefann said:
The policy is that this is not allowed, if it's posted by a consultant.

If anyone here is not familiar with the online advertising and publicity policies, I highly recommend that you read them. The policies are available on Consultant's Corner, in the Frequently Visited Links area to the right of the CC home page. Ignorance of the policies is not a defense for breaking them.

Oh Ann....I know we can't post online....I just don't know who the poster is! Since I don't list on CL, I don't need to review the specifics...but thanks anyway

Laurie, I apologize if it seemed like I was singling you out. I meant my post to be general advice to all consultants to be aware of the policies. There seems to have been a recent influx of new consultants who are not always aware that there even ARE policies beyond what's on the back of the consultant agreement.

chefann said:
There seems to have been a recent influx of new consultants who are not always aware that there even ARE policies beyond what's on the back of the consultant agreement.

It's good advice and I've noted the frustration with us newbies not knowing a lot of detail. Maybe I'm being redundant in stressing this, but I hope very much that you all can identify with how MUCH there is to know immediately. I mean really there seriously is. I am trying to learn all of the products, book shows, close shows, understand and execute coaching, figure out what forms to use when, know what to say when I get to a show and what to say when I call people. And the process and rules and special programs are going to take months to comprehend and understand. One dear lady on this board just explained to me how to set up shows on CC because I had finally learned P3 but didn't understand why my shows weren't on there...not to mention bank accounts, debit cards, preferred vendor card applications, business cards, marketing pieces...and this is with me having already completed 8 different online courses while trying to get shows and hold them

I'm sorry...I'm actually really NOT venting. It's just that I've begun to get the idea that there is a lot of frustration with new folks not knowing things and I am really looking forward to when I get to the place where I'm not only NOT overwhelmed, which I am right now, but that it's so second nature that I feel the same way you do.

chefann said:
Laurie, I apologize if it seemed like I was singling you out. I meant my post to be general advice to all consultants to be aware of the policies. There seems to have been a recent influx of new consultants who are not always aware that there even ARE policies beyond what's on the back of the consultant agreement.

No worries Ann.....I'm snappy today....and guess I'm feeling like the newbies have been getting too much flak lately.

ButterflyVioletta said:
It's good advice and I've noted the frustration with us newbies not knowing a lot of detail. Maybe I'm being redundant in stressing this, but I hope very much that you all can identify with how MUCH there is to know immediately. I mean really there seriously is. I am trying to learn all of the products, book shows, close shows, understand and execute coaching, figure out what forms to use when, know what to say when I get to a show and what to say when I call people. And the process and rules and special programs are going to take months to comprehend and understand. One dear lady on this board just explained to me how to set up shows on CC because I had finally learned P3 but didn't understand why my shows weren't on there...not to mention bank accounts, debit cards, preferred vendor card applications, business cards, marketing pieces...and this is with me having already completed 8 different online courses while trying to get shows and hold them

I'm sorry...I'm actually really NOT venting. It's just that I've begun to get the idea that there is a lot of frustration with new folks not knowing things and I am really looking forward to when I get to the place where I'm not only NOT overwhelmed, which I am right now, but that it's so second nature that I feel the same way you do.

Michele, this is information your recruiter/Director should be giving you, and I'm so sorry (well, actually angry!) that your's is not involving herself in your training. She'll happily take the override on your commission, but not contact you to see if you have questions.

It's great you found CS so you can get answers and ideas here. You know, already, you can come to me anytime for help, and there are other Cheffers in our area as well.

pampchefsarah said:
Michele, this is information your recruiter/Director should be giving you, and I'm so sorry (well, actually angry!) that your's is not involving herself in your training. She'll happily take the override on your commission, but not contact you to see if you have questions.

It's great you found CS so you can get answers and ideas here. You know, already, you can come to me anytime for help, and there are other Cheffers in our area as well.

I second that!!!

pampchefsarah said:

It seems like you personally know this situation well however, I would like to say in defense of Directors everywhere; you can say, teach and show all you want but the absorbtion of information will go at different rates for different people. I usually err on the side of caution but I get just as overwhelmed with all the do's and dont's, etc. With all the things we have to take in and learn, even if someone is hanging over your shoulder, holding your hand and coaching the whole way (Which in my opinion is not a director's job) we can still get tired and confused.

Take it easy on us, most of us are trying. :eek:D Thanks!

1. What is "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." all about?

"I Never Would Have Thought of This..." is a series of cooking and baking tips and tricks from Pampered Chef consultants and customers. It features unique and creative ways to use our kitchen tools and products to make meal prep and cooking easier and more enjoyable.

2. How often is "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." updated?

Our "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." series is updated monthly, with new tips and tricks being added frequently. We also take suggestions and submissions from our consultants and customers, so the content is always fresh and relevant.

3. Can I share my own tips and tricks on "I Never Would Have Thought of This..."?

Absolutely! We encourage our consultants and customers to share their own unique ways of using our products. You can submit your tips and tricks to us via email or social media, and we may feature them on our website and social media platforms.

4. Are the tips and tricks on "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." only for Pampered Chef products?

No, while our tips and tricks do showcase our products, many of them can be applied to general cooking and baking techniques. We also feature tips and tricks that use common household items, so everyone can benefit from our series.

5. Can I access "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." on my mobile device?

Yes, "I Never Would Have Thought of This..." is accessible on our website, which is optimized for mobile viewing. You can also follow us on social media for regular updates and new tips and tricks that you can easily access on your phone or tablet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • higoobs