• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Never Knew How Much Pampered Chef Stuff I Had Until...

In '02. We're still together. In summary, the person is cleaning out their kitchen and is having a lot of fun doing it. They are joking about how they will be able to trade their husband in for a new one soon.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I started cleaning my kitchen yesterday. I have a round bakers rack in my kitchen that sits next to my stove. It is 4 shelves about 6 feet tall and has a 24" round self. Perfect for two Tool Turn-abouts, one tall Longaberger Basket one short Longaberger Basket and a knife block - not ours. Now, I decided I really needed to clean that shelf along with the rest of my kitchen. I emptied the shelf. Cleaned it and actually put it in my dinning room temporarily until I get to the floor. I emptied each basket and each Tool Turn-About one at a time into the soapy water in my sink. I laid out two towels on the 4 foot by 3 foot work cart I use an island. I started washing. I had a pile of tools that covered all but a 1 foot by 2 foot part of the cart, about 1/4 of it, and was just slightly over a foot high! I found two of the old Grease Mops, three of the wooden handled Mini Spatulas, 3 OLD can openers and one new one, 2 Food Choppers, 2 White and one Black OLD Shears and one new one, I sound like the twelve days of Christmas! It was way funny. I went down stairs and grabbed one of the boxes that copy paper comes in. I filled it half full, and my Tool Turn-Abouts and the Tall Longabeger basket. I always wondered why I could not turn my turn-abouts! And I brought up my PC Knife Block and knives - finally have them in my kitchen! How the heck does that happen? (I must also admit that I have 5 small and 2 dresser sized drawers in one of my pantries in which three small and one large one are also filled with PC stuff that I have not gotten too yet!) Maybe I will find another one of the old hamburger presses!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. You have no idea how much product I have in my dining room - new - still in boxes. Much of it has been discontinued, so maybe I should have an "Antiques Road Show" sale for folks who never had a chance to buy some of the discontinued products. ;)

We will be moving shortly and I'm sure I'll be finding a similar scenario. I'm thinking that one of the things I'll be doing is sorting out the discontinued products (stuff I never or rarely use) and make a plan to turn it into cash.The new house has a big kitchen but I designed my current kitchen with storage specific to Pampered Chef. I have a wall (floor to ceiling) of storage that includes space deep enough for me to slide my red crates out of the way. One day (when I have the $) I will be replicating that space at the new house.Even with a big kitchen, I have stuff all over the house (KG, our dining rooms may resemble each other).

My DH told me earlier this week it looked like I needed to clean out the kitchen cabinets. I laughed because I told him that I DID clean them out this summer and got rid of maybe 4 boxes of crap and non-pc stuff!! What I kept was stuff that I use- but maybe not all the time (holiday, seasonal, or things like canning supplies, etc), in addition to our regular.Thankfully, he's as big a PC fan/junkie as I am. :D

chefjeanine said:
<snip> (KG, our dining rooms may resemble each other).

Somehow, I doubt that. Trust me on that. :blushing:

I'm not that bad ***YET*** on the PC items, but I can promise that if you move a lot, you'll learn to do some major de-cluttering with each move! I got rid of a bunch of stuff before moving to FL in Jan '04. 6 months later hubby was supposed to get out of the military but reenlisted at the last minute. We had already given notice on the apt, so had to move to a new one. Then we moved to VA, then Okinawa, then Tokyo & now I'm in Dallas. Everytime I go to pack or unpack I find stuff that I can part with. It's amazing!!! Stuff I'd have probably kept if I were living in one place for very long. But when you touch everything that you own for 6 moves in 7 years & 2 months ... you find that some of that stuff isn't so important anymore. LOL

At least you hung on to the husband!

No, haven't traded him in yet. We dated for the first time in '85, then again in the 90's, and got back together again in '02. He said "Third time's a charm!" I said "Or 3rd strike, YOU'RE OUT!!!" I guess it was a charm, we finally got married & had babies. LOL

That's OK my bedroom and one closet is still packed with boxes too! I am hoping that I can get through all those boxes before Christmas, contact the Inn on the corner and maybe do a rummage. The only reason for doing it there is that Pat hates it when ever anyone, including his family and mine, comes into the house! Let alone strangers!

I'll have to come visit, then, I'm certainly one of the stranger ones you know.

Never heard that the mini serving spatulas use to have a wooden handle!

You have to have been around for awhile for that one. The wooden handles were gone by the time I signed up, so that has to go back about a dozen years.ETA: I just remembered, the Micro Cooker used to be red. Well, brown really.

Last edited:
I have brown micro cookers & one that's almost a purple color.

Did it turn purple after it was radiated?

No, it was purple before I moved to Japan. LOL

I got that mini in 1996 I think. I attended my first Pampered Chef party at the home of a co-worker, I was hooked then but I was also working two jobs, both third shift so 7 days a week, all 12 hour shifts. I bought that, a Large Round Stone which I still have and it is now a deep mahogany color and it is the best stone I own and a hamburger press. It took me 4 more years to decided to sign up. My closets, basement, garage, bedroom and kitchen now all suffer from a condition known as PCproductstockpileitis!

Thanks for enlightening me! I will show this to my hubby! He thinks I am crazy for having all the PC stuff in my kitchen. When I de-clutter, I usually give the old stuff to the church or school for their use. I need to get my pantry organized to fit my stuff. Built the new house 6 yrs ago, hubby said I could get sliding shelves in my small panty and he would install them..... You guessed it, the shelves are there, but they DON'T SLIDE! Maybe a Christmas present to myself......

I saw a really cool pantry set up, very inexpensive as well. They had removed everything in it. They had non-movable shelves, and all the walls had well, waist height cabinets and drawers. It looked almost exactly like mine in fact! When you looked into the pantry, there were two usable walls. The back one looked like a three drawer dresser. The other wall had 4 doors on the bottom then 4, what I would "junk drawers" but a little taller, above each door. The whole thing was covered in one L shaped counter top. Above all of that, with 9 foot ceilings were 4 evenly spaced shelves above that but you could not adjust them. Everything was removed. The drawers at the back where replaced with plastic sliding bins. The three drawer space became 6. The shelves were replaced with those white metal wire adjustable shelving units. The other wall with the cabinets and junk drawers were also replaced with more of the drawer units on the bottom and the metal shelves above. With our stoneware and some of the other bigger items that we wish to keep put away, Salad Spinners, Manual Food Processors, EADs, and the like that just do not work in a Tool Turn-About, those drawers and adjustable shelves are an awesome idea. I love the look of my old fashioned pantry and the wood work is beautiful but it is so impractical. Pat suggested leaving in the bottom section and taking out the shelving as it is in bad shape anyway, so I may just do that too. Like I said, I was amazed as I thought I was looking at my pantry when I saw that DIY show, so I know that replacing half of the pantry would also work.

pampered1224 said:
I got that mini in 1996 I think.

I have a Spring/Summer 1997 catalog where the handles are definitely NOT wood any more. Fun to see the cheese grater was made by Zyliss (says it on the side, clearly visible in the picture) The Food Chopper was also made by Zyliss (as evidenced by my Spring/Summer 1999 catalog).

It's fun to go through old catalogs and see what we carried back then. They ware a lot thinner/smaller back then too.

I think the catalogs were no bigger than the Season's Best Recipe Collection, am I right Jane? Funny to see how PC has grown!

The S/S 1997 was, by S/S 1999, they were the size we have now, just not as many pages (thinner).

1. How can I organize all of my Pampered Chef products?

One option is to use our customizable tote bags and organizers to keep all of your products neatly stored and easily accessible.

2. What are some tips for maximizing space in my kitchen with Pampered Chef products?

Utilize our stackable storage solutions and multi-functional tools to save space in your kitchen while still having all of your favorite Pampered Chef products at hand.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products for cooking and baking?

Yes, our products are designed to be versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking. From our stoneware to our cookware, you'll find a variety of options for all your kitchen needs.

4. How do I clean and maintain my Pampered Chef products?

For best results, hand wash your products with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on our non-stick surfaces. Refer to the care instructions for each product for specific cleaning and maintenance tips.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products outside of a party or consultant?

Yes, you can shop for all of our products online at pamperedchef.com. You can also host a virtual party or connect with a consultant to learn more about our products and receive personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pamperedmomto3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies