• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer Request: Coping with Loss and Finding Comfort - My Personal Story

In summary, Lisa's dad died 7 years ago and she is still struggling. She is sad and has been crying all evening. She helped with a RELAY FOR LIFE dinner and is still sad. She is praying for peace.
tlag1986
Gold Member
I am very sad this evening and have been crying all evening. Please pray I feel better soon.

My dad was diagnosed on June 1 and died on August 2 of 2004. I am still struggling at times. I just helped with our RELAY FOR LIFE Survivor dinner. I was able to see my Aunt and was happy with it, but am still sad over my dad.

Oh Lisa, I am truly sorry for your loss and pain. Losing a father, especially a good one is hard and at times unconsolable. I will pray for you...for strength, comfort, love and peace. The loss will always be there, but remembering the good times may sometimes help. I lost my dad 7 years ago, and I sometimes feel like it was only a few months ago.

Wishing you solace during this time of pain.....

I'm so sorry, Lisa. I'm praying for you.

I'm sorry for your loss and pain. I've prayed for peace for you.

My daddy's been gone since 11/2000. I sure missed him when I was buying this house a few months ago...I kept wanting to ask his advice.

Prayers and Hugs Lisa! I, too, lost my loving dad in August 2006... I try to think of the happy and funny times we shared together (oh and there were so many) and talk to him every day... Sometimes he even "answers"!! :) I have said it many times before... The word NEVER had a totally new meaning to me the day he passed... But, I know he would want me to be happy and enjoy this life, just like he did! {{hugs}}

Dear Lisa, I am also praying for you. I lost my dad in November 2007. It is doubly hard because my mom is in Ohio and I am in CA. It hit hard again the other day as I shopped for Father's Day cards. I am so thankful that I had him in my life for 53 years. I am so thankful that he was able to make peace with the world and his God before he passed. I am so thankful that the wonderful people from Hospice made the end bearable for our family. I know that someday we will see each other again.

I'm sorry for your sadness Lisa. Here is one of the quotes I like to think of when I miss my lost loved ones:

What the heart once owned and had, it shall never lose.

Praying for you.

so sorry, sending prayers

1. How can I cope with the loss of a loved one?

Losing a loved one can be a difficult and painful experience. It's important to allow yourself to grieve and process your emotions. Seek support from friends and family, and consider talking to a therapist or joining a support group. Find healthy ways to remember and honor your loved one, and give yourself time to heal.

2. What can I do to find comfort during this difficult time?

There are many ways to find comfort during a time of loss. Some people find solace in prayer or meditation, while others may find comfort in talking to a trusted friend or writing in a journal. Engage in activities that bring you joy and help you feel connected to your loved one's memory.

3. How can I support a friend or family member who is grieving?

Simply being there for your loved one and offering a listening ear can be a great support. Avoid giving unsolicited advice or trying to fix their pain. Instead, validate their feelings and offer practical help, such as bringing them a meal or helping with errands. Let them know you are there for them and check in regularly to see how they are doing.

4. How can I use prayer to find peace and comfort?

Prayer can be a powerful tool for finding peace and comfort during times of loss. Take time to pray and meditate on your own or with a supportive community. Find prayers or scriptures that resonate with you and offer them up as a way to express your feelings and seek guidance and support.

5. What resources are available for coping with loss?

There are many resources available for coping with loss, including support groups, therapy, and online resources. Your local religious organization may also offer grief counseling or support services. Don't be afraid to reach out for help when you need it, and remember that everyone grieves differently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • heather223
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • nikked