• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need to Stop Pre Judging Customers

In summary, the mechanic asked the PC wearer if he could order a pizza stone, and the PC wearer found himself talking to the only other female employee about PC. The female employee found herself talking to other male employees about PC as well. The female employee agreed that men cook too and found herself agreeing with the PC wearer that a guy from work recently purchased the splatter screen from him. Finally, the PC wearer agreed that men can also reclaim the kitchen vicariously through Pampered Chef.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I was at a mechanic shop today wearing my PC shirt and started talking to the only 2 females that worked there about PC. A mechanic (male) came up to me and asked if he could order a pizza stone. I would have never thought to approach him first about PC.

I find myself taking to the woman in a couple and a lot of times, it is the man who is the cook! We all gotta get out of that stereotype mind-set, don't we?

I have a sticker on my catalog host kits reminding my hosts not to discriminate. Many men cook. Those who don't usually have women in their lives who do.

I agree - a guy from work recently purchased the splatter screen from me because he has a scar on his arm from splattering grease from his cast iron skillet! 3 other guys stopped me to tell me how much they love their "pizza stones" and the rubs for barbecueing chicken. Another guy mentioned that his favorite PC tool is the All-Purpose Spreader. They all just started feeding off of each other - it was so funny!

My husband has started cooking more now that I am preg. He loves the mandolin and the 12 inch skillet, and uses them both almost every night... he even told me he wants me to order the 7 piece next time I can get it on a big discount :) the last few weeks have changed my mind on men, they cook too and know what they like

okay, I just finally joined PC, after much hesitation and trepidation. So, I feel I can post more now, lol... My boyfriend is the cook of the house and a chef by trade! So, I guess, I'm trying to reclaim the kitchen vicariously via Pampered Chef. :)

ElChef said:
okay, I just finally joined PC, after much hesitation and trepidation. So, I feel I can post more now, lol... My boyfriend is the cook of the house and a chef by trade! So, I guess, I'm trying to reclaim the kitchen vicariously via Pampered Chef. :)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy business!

raebates said:
I have a sticker on my catalog host kits reminding my hosts not to discriminate. Many men cook. Those who don't usually have women in their lives who do.

And sometimes those who don't have men in their lives who do ;)

ElChef said:

Enjoy the break! Let him spoil you!

I totally agree!! I had a maintenance man come fix something at our apartment today and he saw my old car magnet on my front door, and asked me if I do PC. He started telling me how wonderful all of our products are especially the knives and cookware. After talking with him for over 30 minutes, I found out that he wants the knife block and 2 new sets of stainless cookware, and to top it off he would love to book a show. Also, he recently became engaged, but they are waiting to get married until his fiancee is finished with her masters program in 2 or 3 years. So I am now looking at a long term customer!

Long story short, I will never judge again!

leftymac said:
And sometimes those who don't have men in their lives who do ;)

Point taken. ;)

1. How can I stop pre-judging customers?

To stop pre-judging customers, it is important to practice empathy and open-mindedness. Remember that every customer is unique and has their own needs and preferences. Avoid making assumptions about a customer based on their appearance or behavior. Instead, approach each customer with a positive attitude and a willingness to listen and understand their needs.

2. Why is it important to stop pre-judging customers?

Pre-judging customers can lead to negative interactions and missed opportunities for sales. It can also create a negative reputation for your business if customers feel discriminated against or unfairly treated. By stopping pre-judging, you can create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all customers.

3. How can I train myself to stop pre-judging customers?

Training yourself to stop pre-judging customers takes practice and self-awareness. Start by acknowledging your own biases and assumptions, and actively work to challenge them. Practice active listening and ask open-ended questions to get to know each customer as an individual. With time and effort, you can train yourself to approach customers with a more open and understanding mindset.

4. What are some common mistakes that can lead to pre-judging customers?

Some common mistakes that can lead to pre-judging customers include relying on stereotypes, making assumptions based on appearance or behavior, and not taking the time to get to know each customer. It is important to remember that every customer is unique and should be treated as such.

5. How can I create a more inclusive environment for all customers?

Creating a more inclusive environment for all customers starts with self-awareness and a commitment to treating each customer with respect and understanding. Train yourself and your team to be aware of biases and actively work to challenge them. Encourage open communication and actively listen to customers to understand their needs and preferences. By creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, you can attract a diverse range of customers and foster positive relationships with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
iluvmygarlicpress
  • julmarsala
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • pckelly