• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need some fresh ideas for my live show tomorrow - any suggestions?

In summary, Keri is planning a series of shows in which she will be doing the same recipes over and over again. She plans to have different themes for each show, but will still use the same recipes. She recommends that new consultants try doing games at their shows to break the ice and get the audience more involved.
chefkeri
Hi guys,

It has been about a month or so since I've done a live show... :p My last one was a bit "dry". I heard that I was really friendly, outgoing & informative, but that another consultant had them laughing off their chair... :(

I have my next one tomorrow... I need some new "stuff" :confused:

Jokes, tips, ideas, something to get the audience involved, keep them interested and laughing so the don't even know they are learning & paying attention. :D

Anyone have something they can share? Anything will help, because I have nothing since the f/w '06 season...

FYI I'm making the Colossal Chix Salad for Friday's show, Aloha Pizza on Sunday & Spicy Shrimp C Cups next week....... H E L P !!!

HUGE SMOOCHES! & THANKS!

Keri, do a search in the files section: type in humor and you will find 1 doc "adding humor to your shows" I hope that helps. I printed it up when I first started doing shows and tried to memorize them (got some laughs from them that I recall) but I am soo not the joker type it just didin't suit me so I stopped, anyways I hope you get some ideas from it!

I'd share some of my material, but I don't really have any. I'm sure you know this, but the best thing you can do is relax and have fun. Don't try to compete with someone else. Just concentrate on doing your best show.

I agree with Rae. You have to be yourself. Do your shows in whatever way would be interesting/fun to you, and chances are they will be interesting/fun to your guests as well....guests can always tell when we genuinely enjoy what we're doing.

I tell people this is one of the best things about attending PC shows: no two are ever alike! :)

I tried doing games when I first started, but it just isn't me....though I do joke around a bit at my shows (usually at my poor husband's expense!).

Although I love seeing other consultants do shows, and I also love the "Kitchen Show Live" demonstrations & dvd's - I have finally learned that I am not them! Alot of the things that other people do, just don't fit my personality and style. On another thread, I posted that when I try to do a theme show, it always falls flat......I also cannot do games at my shows - it's just not me! I am still working on doing the very best, most fun presentation that I can......but by being me! I'm not as funny as my director - but still try to have alot of fun at my shows........I give alot of good information and cooking tips(and try to make them fun as well) - and for me, that seems to be one of my strong points.
What are your strong points? Maybe the fact that you are friendly? (because you mentioned that) Work from there and focus on being friendly and personable, and really taking an interest in the people at the show - introduce yourself as they come in, shake their hands, ask their name, chat with them, call them by name and ask them questions during the show......I really think that caring about people and taking an interest in them will go alot futher that just trying to be funny!

Thanks for your advice!I have my show later... I will just be me. :) I have a few 1 liners that I've found which might break some silent moments. You guys are great. Thanks again.:D

I borrow lines from people all the time, but only if they fit my personality. I think guests can tell when you aren't being yourself, which almost always comes off as pushing for a sale. Not that we DON'T want to make sales, ;) but people will be more comfortable with you if you're comfortable with yourself.

You'll do great!

Everyone had already said what I was going to say. Be yourself! They can tell when you're trying to force.

Another tip when you are just ramping back up--do the same recipe at every show! You are going to kill yourself doing three recipes on three different days right in a row. When you do the same recipes, you get more practice and your show will flow better. At least for two of them we got the theme show folder with different tips and ideas, so check it out.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

So many one liners help but like everyone is saying it has to be you:

I have found the old saying when I know I have goofed on something or can't remember the exact name of a product. "I am glad I work for the Pampered Chef and not the Perfect Chef. I won't fire myself" I do tend to make fun of myself when I can't remember a product name but not too bad.

Another fun one I have heard is to describe the batter bowl as the bachelor bowl. Talk about how you can mix in it, serve in it, and for some bachelors just eat right out of it and save on cleaning dishes.

Cute things like referring to items in families like the scrapers, the batter bowls and prep bowls, knives, etc. I refer to Doris and how she wanted to keep the family together with that. That isn't a joke but it is cute.

I did not think up any one of these but I am sure you can find many others like it.

Good luck and just relax and enjoy. The more you relax the more fun you and they will have.

Kim

I am signing up soon, so I went to a couple of my uplines shows. One gal started the show off by asking if there were any junkies.... Then she asked... if there were any virgins.... That was a fun ice breaker!

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

We have a variety of recipes that are perfect for busy weeknights. Some popular options include one-pan meals, slow cooker dishes, and sheet pan dinners. These meals require minimal prep and clean up, making them ideal for hectic schedules.

What are some healthy meal ideas for families?

We offer many nutritious and delicious meal options for families. Our recipes use fresh ingredients and offer a balance of protein, vegetables, and whole grains. Some favorites include roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, chicken and veggie stir fry, and turkey meatloaf.

Do you have any vegetarian or vegan meal ideas?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes that are both tasty and nutritious. Some popular options include vegetable lasagna, tofu stir fry, and lentil soup. You can also find many plant-based recipes on our website and blog.

What are some meal ideas for picky eaters?

We understand that picky eaters can be a challenge, but we have meal ideas that are sure to please even the most selective palates. Our chicken and vegetable stir fry, mac and cheese with hidden veggies, and mini turkey meatloaves are all kid-friendly options that are still nutritious.

Do you have any dessert ideas for special occasions?

We have a variety of dessert recipes perfect for special occasions. Some favorites include chocolate-dipped strawberries, mini cheesecakes, and apple cinnamon crisp. You can also find many festive dessert ideas on our website for holidays and other celebrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmcosker
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • amy07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Amberd