• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles Recipe with Minimal Tools Needed

In summary, Erin is going to demo how to use the Food Chopper, the DCB, and the salad chopper to chop the chicken. She is also going to use the mixer to add the salsa and cheese.
mountainmama74
Gold Member
My hostess for Sunday wants to do a recipe that doesn't use very many tools. While I do want to show how easy the recipe is, I also want to demo enough tools that people will HAVE to have them!! :D

What do you think I can add to this recipe to demo a few more tools? I think I'll add an onion, chopped with the Food Chopper of course! Any other suggestions? Also if the cheese comes in a block I'll use the rotary grater if I can borrow one, or the microplane grater... thoughts?

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp (15 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 3/4 cups (425 mL) salsa verde
1 cup (250 mL) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
12 cups (3 L) authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips (see Cook's Tips)
2 cups (500 mL) shredded Chihuahua cheese
1 cup (250 mL) crumbled queso fresco (4 oz/125 g)
Sour cream or crema (optional)

Directions:
1. Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces with Utility Knife. Combine chicken and seasoning mix in Deep Covered Baker; mix well. Spread chicken evenly over bottom of baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Microwave, covered, an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain using small Colander.

2. Combine salsa and broth in (4-cup/1-L) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Chop cilantro using Santoku Knife (except I don't have it so we're back to the Utility Knife here!). Arrange half of the tortilla chips over bottom of same baker, breaking chips; top with half each of the chicken, salsa mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle with ½ cup (125 mL) of the cilantro. Repeat layers one time ending with cheeses.

3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until cheeses are melted and most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

you will be using one of the best tools in your bag.. the DCB!! I have used it at the past 3 shows and it's help book shows (women want it at 1/2 price!!) and some just can't wait and buy it right then and there...

You could "chop" the cilantro in a prep bowl with the kitchen shears, too.

You could use the kitchen shears and prep bowls to cut up the cilantro. Use your simple additions small bowls for the sour cream. Use your trivet for serving, and your cooling rack for prep work with the DCB. Of course, you'll be using your cutting board and your scraper (even if it's for adding the sour cream).

I agree with above....the DCB is the one to highlight. :)

Have a great show!

From another standpoint: Is the customer going to start thinking hos difficult this recipe is because you are using SO MANY DIFFERENT TOOLS, so there will be all that cleaning to do afterward?

Could you demo some tools while you wait for it to cook perhaps?

I was originally sold on the salad scissors when I got a chance to use them myself while the main meal was cooking. IE it wasn't for food we were going to eat. Just an excited "You have to check this out"

Of course I'm super excited about using the DCB and try to highlight it whenever I'm talking about PC!! But I'm trying to do an interactive show, so I want there to be enough for the guests to play with, without making it overwhelming.

I think I'll not cut up the chicken, then use the salad chopper to cut it after it's cooked. And if I leave the chicken breasts OF COURSE we'll have to use the pocket thermometer to check and make sure it's done before we chop it...

Thank you for your help!! I'm feeling better about it now!!

Cross sell cross sell cross sell. Every time you pick up a tool, talk about it. I see salad chopper or food chopper, measuring spoons, small mix n scraper, rotary grater or mandoline, mix n chop to break up the crumbled cheese a little better, batter bowl to put it in to crumble it....

J~ Just come over and borrow whatever you want!Love ya girly!!

Erin, if we were both still in Oki, you know I would!! :D

For fun, put the sour cream in the decorator.

I totally would but I don't have it!! I gotta call Julie and see what I can borrow.... :D

Mountainmama,

How did your Host pick a recipe? It sounds like you'll be able to show lots of tools for this recipe but did you let her just choose whatever she wanted?

To make your life easier, you decide what recipes you are willing to demo (then you can choose those that highlight the tools you want to show) and you can get a good grasp on a handful of recipes. Looking at your profile you are new and this will allow you to be more confident in your presentations.

I think you'll be okay with the DCB, kitchen shears, salad chopper, prep bowls, SA pieces, pocket thermometer.

One note on this recipe though....I have made it and it tastes really good but because of the chicken broth the chips are soggy. DH & I didn't like the texture, kind of like a casserole I guess. The next time I made it I eliminated the broth and basically made nachos with the ingredients. It was a big hit then.

chefjeanine said:
Mountainmama,

How did your Host pick a recipe? It sounds like you'll be able to show lots of tools for this recipe but did you let her just choose whatever she wanted?

To make your life easier, you decide what recipes you are willing to demo (then you can choose those that highlight the tools you want to show) and you can get a good grasp on a handful of recipes. Looking at your profile you are new and this will allow you to be more confident in your presentations.

I actually do have a list of recipes, but this particular host came back with this recipe after I gave her my list, and when I tried to bring her back to my list, she said she still wanted this one! So...I'll do it... But I totally agree with your advice!!

Suzballard said:
I think you'll be okay with the DCB, kitchen shears, salad chopper, prep bowls, SA pieces, pocket thermometer.

One note on this recipe though....I have made it and it tastes really good but because of the chicken broth the chips are soggy. DH & I didn't like the texture, kind of like a casserole I guess. The next time I made it I eliminated the broth and basically made nachos with the ingredients. It was a big hit then.

Thanks for the heads up!!

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef products for meal preparation?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make meal preparation easier and more efficient. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs that help save time and effort in the kitchen. Our products also come with a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring that you are happy with your purchase.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party and earn free products?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free products! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. Plus, you and your guests will have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes.

How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is easy! You can sign up online and receive your starter kit with all the tools and resources you need to get started. As a consultant, you can earn a commission on sales, have the opportunity to earn free products, and build your own flexible business.

Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a warranty. Our non-electric products have a limited lifetime warranty, while our electric products have a one-year limited warranty. If you encounter any issues with your product, simply contact our customer service team for assistance.

Are there any special offers or discounts available for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special deals and promotions for our products. These can include discounts, free products, and exclusive bundles. Make sure to sign up for our email newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on the latest offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies