• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make My PC Hobby Into a Full-Time Job?

full time jobs. When I first moved to my town two years ago, I had to restart my business. First, I let everyone know that I did PC. My biggest "voice" has been my PC bag. When people see it, it starts a conversation. I have booked many of the cashiers at my local stores. I started advertising in the local paper. Merrill ads are inexpensive and putting it in the local paper is a great investment for what I got out of it. I recruited in my second running of the ad. I was getting 1-3 bookings a month from it too. I attended all the small town summer booths I could find. They are
pameredchef007
Gold Member
I just was released from my fulltime job on Thursday! For the past year I have been doing PC more or less as a hobby! Now that I am unemployed, I really want to make this my fulltime job. My only problem is that I don't know how to do that! I have no shows on the schedule for June and I really don't know where to turn. I have only had 8 shows in the past year. Two of those 8 were my shows.

I am an only child and the "black sheep" of my family. I don't go out that much because I don't live in town. The only organizations that I belonged to were related to my job. I'm not quite sure how to start a conversation with a stranger about PC! I know that it may sound weird, being a consultant but yet not very social. I have always been a little backwards when it comes to socializing. However, once I get to know you, you can't get me to shut up!!

I'm looking for advice on how to make this my fulltime job. Where do I go to get the clients? Any advice on how to bring me out of my shell? I don't know. I feel like when it rains it pours!! Maybe I'm being a little negative right now, but I guess I am grieving for my job. HELP ME!!!:cry:

Take a deep breath. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but it sounds like you're doing your best to view it as an opportunity. My suggestion is that you make an appointment with your director to sit down and discuss what you'd like to do. See if you can arrange for regular accountability meetings (even by phone), where you receive homework and report back your results. There are other threads here about going full time. Do a search either through the search tool here or by Googling Chef success: Full time

I'll be watching the responses because I often feel the same way. But I can throw in a couple of things:-Talk to your director/recruiter/other upline, tell them your situation
-Listen to the audios in the Online Training center from NC and LS
-Check out your local library (since you're now on a budget :) ) for books that might help in the socializing partHope that's at least a start.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well. I'm in a very similar situation at this moment. I'm the blacksheep with one side of my family and they pretty much don't even acknowledge that fact I am alive. The other side I have my mom, an aunt, and 3 sibling (2 of which are teens), and my in-laws...well they're a whole other thread of their own. I have 2 friends, I share a car with my husband and NEVER get to get out of the house to even meet new people since he is gone 13 hrs a day 5-6 days a week, I have no other means for contacts. I want this to work more anything, I've never worked so hard in my life. Sorry...didn't mean to hijack your post...needed to vent I guess.

The only thing I can think of right this moment is to become "Fundraiser Fran" LOL - sorry I couldn't resist.
Seriously, start by googling your area and non-profit groups. Then get on the phone, call them offer your services to help them raise money. Talk to them about how easy it is to do a PC Fundraiser, mostly because most people have heard of PC and LOVE the products. Make it all about their group and their needs. Good luck ladies!!

When I moved to my town two years ago, I had to restart my business. First, I let everyone know that I did PC. My biggest "voice" has been my PC bag. When people see it, it starts a conversation. I have booked many of the cashiers at my local stores. I started advertising in the local paper. Merrill ads are inexpensive and putting it in the local paper is a great investment for what I got out of it. I recruited in my second running of the ad. I was getting 1-3 bookings a month from it too. I attended all the small town summer booths I could find. They are usually only about $30 for a day. I found that I was filling my calendar for fall with all the events. I even recruited from one. Bridal stores and tux shops, you can ask to display wedding registry there. When you have two recruits and $1250 in sales 3/4 months, you will start getting HO referrals. That will be really nice. Think out of the box.

I would start Googling and looking on Facebook for Networking groups or other groups of people with similar interests. And Events to participate in. You are really going to need to Just do it! Don't think about being nervous. Think about growing your biz to make the kind of $ you need to pay your bills.

I have recently started taking some "cooking" classes and health interest workshops. I have met some great people that way and you know they are already interested in cooking. The ones I am taking are sponsored by the health education center through the local hospital. I have also seen some held at local vocational schools and sometimes the library. You can also check to see if there is a cooking school in your area. Ususally the cost is minimal, but if you can get leads for business it's worth the investment. It's also a write-off at the end of the year. Hope that helps.

lockhartkitchen said:
When I moved to my town two years ago, I had to restart my business. First, I let everyone know that I did PC. My biggest "voice" has been my PC bag. When people see it, it starts a conversation. I have booked many of the cashiers at my local stores. I started advertising in the local paper. Merrill ads are inexpensive and putting it in the local paper is a great investment for what I got out of it. I recruited in my second running of the ad. I was getting 1-3 bookings a month from it too. I attended all the small town summer booths I could find. They are usually only about $30 for a day. I found that I was filling my calendar for fall with all the events. I even recruited from one. Bridal stores and tux shops, you can ask to display wedding registry there. When you have two recruits and $1250 in sales 3/4 months, you will start getting HO referrals. That will be really nice. Think out of the box.

You know, I've been carrying around my catty tote for 10 months and it's only started 2 conversations! One of which started with "PC I was just at a show and my show is next month!" LOL

lockhartkitchen said:

Excellent advice Julie....very specific list on how to grow your biz....thanks for sharing. I think I'll be passing this on to my team. I only use PC bags for my "purse", and I have met some great clients that way. They are repeat customers who have also become friends. Most will be excited to be a part of the start of your biz.

Best of luck to all so that this summer is our biggest yet! :thumbup:

Don't forget about "Pamper Your Business." Just be sure to call the businesses ahead of time. First of all, this allows you to schedule for a time when most or all employees will be around; and, very important, you'll know before preparing and walking in with a recipe that the business doesn't allow soliciting.

Also, be sure to follow-up with everyone who attended a show in the past - whether your's or another host's.

I'm actually very excited for you and the opportunity you've been given. I look forward to your report in the near future on how things are going.

Thank you so much for your advice! Since I have nothing to do during the day now, the phone will become my best friend. I do have my catty bag. I have only had it for about 6 months and no responds. The only thing that I did get a reaction from was my PC logo wear. The cashier at a store wants to host a show. However, we are currently playing phone tag! I will keep you all updated on my new endeavor! I am excited, but also very nervous.

lockhartkitchen said:
Can you tell me more about the Merrill adds you were talking about?
Thanks!

1. How do I find a consultant?

To find a Pampered Chef consultant near you, simply visit our website and click on the "Find a Consultant" button. From there, you can enter your zip code or city and state to find a consultant in your area.

2. How can I host a party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy! You can either host an in-person party at your home or a virtual party online. Simply contact a consultant or visit our website to schedule a party and start earning rewards and free products.

3. What are the benefits of becoming a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn an income while sharing products you love. You also have access to exclusive training and resources, the ability to set your own schedule, and the opportunity to earn free products and trips.

4. How do I place an order?

To place an order, you can either contact your consultant or visit our website and shop directly. If you don't have a consultant, you can also use our "Find a Consultant" feature to connect with one in your area.

5. What is the return policy?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your Pampered Chef purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you can return the product within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Simply contact your consultant or our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • hmolah