• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Some Cheffer Help to Win a Contest.

In summary, a local pottery painting place is holding a Halloween contest and the winner gets a free year of studio fees. There are six contenders for the contest, but the winner is determined by votes cast on a Facebook album. One of the contenders, who is neck-and-neck with another woman, has gotten her friends to vote for her instead of supporting the other woman's pumpkin. If you have a few minutes, I would greatly appreciate your help.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I usually never ask for this kind of stuff but I hope you can help me out. This is a local pottery painting place and I've painted a pumpkin for their Halloween contest. The winner wins a years' worth of free studio fees (normally $8 per session). I am kinda neck and neck with another gal but it looks like she's getting a zillion friends to come vote for hers, so I need the power of ChefferLove to come help me out.

It's a Facebook contest, so you need to have an FB account. It's specific to vote, so here is what you need to do:

1) Click here to go to their FB fan page: Color Me Mine Elk Grove | Facebook

2) Click "like" at the top to fan the business (you can unlike when you're done voting).

3) There is an album called "Pumpkin Contest 2010" - here is the direct link: Welcome to Facebook

4) Vote for #1 - that's me! - by clicking on the photo to go into the photo and then click "like" on that photo. (it's the multi-colored patchwork pumpkin)

5) You can "unlike" when you're done voting. The vote will still count and then you don't need to get their marketing feed.

#6 is my main competition and I'm determined to beat her. She's gotten her friends to go fawn over her pumpkin and I think mine is more creative, hehe.

If you have a few minutes, I'd greatly appreciate your help. I've posted it to my wall a few times but my friends keep "liking" my wall post instead of going to the photo and liking the photo... the store won't care if people like my wall post! I need votes on the photo :) You guys rock - thanks in advance for your help!

Joy

voted...good luck!

Voted. Very nice work Joy!!!

Done!

Dang minimum post requirement...

Voted ... and I really DO like yours better. Though your daughters are talented too! I would NEVER vote for one with an overt Halloween theme anyway ...

Very cute! I voted for yours!

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voted, and I agree that your pumpkin is way more creative

Thanks! You are all so sweet! I am not really very artistic when it comes to freehanding stuff like this. I was going for a Romero Britto-inspired look but I am obviously far from...The only problem is that the contest runs up until Halloween, so I won't get to display my pumpkin at home or work till next year! Maybe I'll go make something for Thanksgiving...

Voted. You're definitely ahead now. I have to admit, I really like #7 and #8, too, and am sad they don't have any "Like"s.

You got my vote!

I voted..and I agree..yours really is my favorite..Pumpkins are great decorations for Thanksgiving too..but not if they are painted with halloween themes..Yours definately can stay out until Thanksgiving.

Voted for Joy! Love the Pun -- Pumpkin Patch Patchwork :)

I voted today!! Love your pumpkin :love:

Yours is adorable.

Done!!! I like yours MUCH better anyways

Voted as well. By the way I love it. It really is the best option. I hope you win. Its funny cause I seen this picture here on cc before I knew about the contest and thought that it was so cute.

Voted....good luck! Think you'll be winning! :D

I think of all of the pumpkins I really like yours the most. Totally voted for you. Forgot to see when the constest ends.

I WON!!! They called me today and told me. THANK YOU SO MUCH - this absolutely happened because of YOU! So grateful for my Cheffer friends! You totally rock!

"like" button!!!

I voted but forgot to write it in the thread. Congrats, yours really was the best! Glad you beat your "rival!"

Yay! Congrats, Joy! Did you win by very many votes? ....I guess I can check for myself :).

See what happens when my boyfriend takes a nap on the couch and leaves his computer open and he is signed on to facebook..he just voted for your pumpkin..and he has no idea that he did. LOLHAHA..i thought you said that it was going to the 31st..LOL..I guess you didn't need his vote..Congrats though.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!!

I voted too!

Wahoo! Awesome...

I voted for you too - (did I already say that somewhere?) - your's was my favorite by far!

1. What is the contest and what is the prize?

The contest is a Halloween pumpkin painting contest at a local pottery painting place. The winner of the contest will receive a year's worth of free studio fees, which is normally $8 per session.

2. How can I help with the contest?

You can help by voting for the person who needs the power of ChefferLove to win. The voting is done through the business's Facebook fan page.

3. Do I need a Facebook account to vote?

Yes, the contest is specific to voting on Facebook, so you will need an FB account to participate.

4. How do I vote for the contestant?

To vote, you will need to visit the pottery painting place's Facebook fan page and click "like" at the top to become a fan. Then, navigate to the "Pumpkin Contest 2010" album and click on the photo of the contestant you want to vote for. Finally, click "like" on the photo to cast your vote.

5. Can I unlike the fan page after I vote?

Yes, you can unlike the fan page after you have voted. The vote will still count and you will no longer receive their marketing feed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • thepartylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear