• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Contact and Support in Your First 30 Days as a New Consultant

maybe it is time to consider finding another director.I would check the website for trainings and attend some if possible. I would also reach out to my recruiter and see if she can connect me with a local hospitality director. I'm sorry that you're feeling so alone in your journey, but with the right support you can make it through.
Jennifer E
How much contact should my recruiter have with me in my first 30 days? What about my director (whom I have no idea who she is)? Here is the deal:

I am a new consultant (my 30 days ends on Feb 26) and I signed up under a friend because I knew she sold it. Right after I signed, her life changed dramatically. She had to move both of her parents into her house because her mom has Alzheimers and her dad has some dimentia. Three days after moving them in, her dad was put into the hospital, came home and was admitted again. Her mom was put into a psych hospital for a week to get her stabilized on new medication, she homeschools 4 children...I could go on, but you get the picture!

I just want to make sure that I get all the training/ support that I need in the beginning of my new career and I am not sure I am getting it. She is also a friend of mine and I don't want to hurt her feelings in any way. She is so busy that most of the time I call or text her, I don't get a reply. Last night I had to have my Grand Opening by myself because she and her family had the stomach flu.

I have no clue how the director things works. She has told me that her director lives in another state and she was going to call me...never happened. So, is her director automatically my director? If so, is there a way for me to get a new director? I would have thought that if the director will be making money off of my sales, that she should be a little interested in me...I don't even know her name.

Don't get me wrong, I don't need someone to hold my hand through all of this, I just feel like I am floundering around out there by myself. I have gotten 98% of my ideas from this website, so that is some proof right there!

I would be interested to hear your ideas about what I should do. Anyone else ever been in a similar situation?

Yes her director is your director! Sorry you are going through this. Do you know your director's name? Do you have her number? She can help you get local hospitality so you can have a director in your area to work with. Now you cannot change directors unless you quit and sign up again but you can do something about it!

I'm sorry you're not getting the support you need! I'm glad you found this site, as it's a WEALTH of information, but having that someone who can help you along the way is good too!!

Check out the trainings on Consultant's Corner. They're wonderful and can help you feel like you're floundering less...

Definitely look for hospitality in your area. That way you'll have a way to attend meetings, etc!!

You probably haven't gotten a commission statement yet, but if you have, your director's name is at the top of it. Call HO at 888 OUR CHEF and ask them who your director is and for phone and e-mail. Contact your director, explain that your friend is overwhelmed and ask what training she provides, ie. weekly phones, answering questions when needed, new consultant training, etc. At a minimum she can request a local hospitality director for you. If you get nowhere with your director, call HO again and find out who your Executive Director is and try with her. Don't let these first 90 days go by without getting help.

In the meantime, don't miss out on the great training the HO offers. Go to Consultant's Corner and take the online training courses. They're filled with great information.

Yes, the online training is an excellent place to start. I would call HO to get the name and contact information for your director. Maybe the director is not aware of what is going on with your friend/recruiter.
Also, when you go to CC there is a way to get to your directors website. It will take there and you can then get the information you need. Sometimes HO gets a little busy and waiting can be long but they will eventually get to you. Just a thought...leave no stone unturned! If you want this business bad enough you will find everyway possible to get what you need.

I don't know the situation at all but perhaps your recruiter is one who normally takes over training of her recruits and it's possible that the director is not aware that she has so much going on in her life right now. Get the director's number and call her. If she is not very responsive ask who her director is and ask that person for help.

I can tell you that your upline does not make all that much per person so they aren't making a fortune off you (it's all in the numbers, it adds up when the team is larger). $150 commissionable is $4.50 if she's a director and if she's "paid as" a team leader (easily happens each month to a lot of directors) it's only $1.50 because you are an "indirect recruit" (recruited by someone else). ...of course if you sell more they get more but it's just 1-3%.

Now I AM NOT saying that because she doesn't get a fortune for you that she should be excused for not helping you. By making you strong she is ensuring that she has a Senior Consultant line and directors need 2 such lines every month to be paid as director. It is in her best interest to help you.

I hope that you are able to connect with her and that she helps you get a good start. I'll keep your recruiter in my prayers. Sounds like she's overwhelmed right now.

Do not wait. Call HO right away. You do not need anyone's permission to do that. Someone there should be able to help you get the info you need. They may even be able to help you find hospitality where you are.

I can tell you two ways to find out the name of your Director, but unless you know what city and state she's in, I don't know how to find her contact details. Which is really strange!The name will be on your Welcome email when you signed up (it will be at the very bottom- shown as "cc:" and then gives your recruiter's name and your Director's name.).Or you can find it on Consultant's Corner- go to "Consultant's Connection". You'll see under the logo in the left corner, your Name & title. Click on YOUR NAME. A box pops up and you'll see your recruiter's name, the name of who you are assigned to (director I think?) and then "Upline Director".After that, if you know the city/state of your director at least, you can go to The Pampered Chef *(US). Click on the "Find a Consultant" at the top, and enter her name/city/state. It should pull up her contacts.OR, send an email to the Solution Center and ask who your Director is.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I had watched training videos on CC, but really felt like I needed "something more". I will reach out to my director and/or hospitality in my area...Thanks again, this website is a wealth of information!!

P.S. My sales at my Grand Opening are about to reach $600!

Jennifer E said:
Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I had watched training videos on CC, but really felt like I needed "something more". I will reach out to my director and/or hospitality in my area...Thanks again, this website is a wealth of information!!

P.S. My sales at my Grand Opening are about to reach $600!

You have to get in touch with your director first, they are the one who will set up hospitality for you with HO.

Great way to start! Way to go! And I thought you thought you needed help!!!

Last edited:

1. How do I choose the right kitchen tools for my needs?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that every cook has different needs and preferences. That's why we offer a variety of high-quality, innovative kitchen tools for you to choose from. To find the perfect tools for you, we recommend considering the types of meals you typically cook, your cooking style, and your budget. Our website also has helpful reviews and product videos to aid in your decision-making process.

2. Can I return or exchange a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we stand by the quality of our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of delivery. Please note that personalized or used items may not be eligible for return or exchange.

3. How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy and fun! You can choose to host an in-person or virtual party and invite your friends and family to join. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more and schedule a party.

4. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use?

Absolutely! At Pampered Chef, safety is our top priority. We rigorously test all of our products to ensure they meet high safety standards. Our products are also backed by a guarantee and come with clear instructions for safe and proper use. We also offer tips and resources on our website to help you use our products safely.

5. How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

If you're passionate about cooking and helping others, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant may be a great opportunity for you. You can start by contacting a current consultant or visiting our website to learn more about the benefits of becoming a consultant. We offer training, support, and the chance to earn income while doing something you love.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly