1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I need recipe help!

1. julia.poe

julia.poe Member

I have been invited by our local Sibcy Cline realtors to submit recipes for their Homebuilders Association cookbook. I am also submitting my business card to be added to their publication.

I know because of copyright I cannot use PC's recipes. I would like to use something that is PC related. Any suggestions?

Also, I just found out I need it by THIS Friday! May 1st.

Apr 27, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

By changing one item or amount of a recipe, it will make it your own. So, find something you love and tweek it a little. Then submit that.

Congrats on the invite!

Apr 27, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I agree with Charity. It is easy enough to change up a PC recipe. I do it all the time because I have an experimental nature when it comes to recipes.

"I little change here and a little change there."
    :sing:

Apr 28, 2009
  4. julia.poe

julia.poe Member

Can you list the certain products you use when making your recipe though? Or do you leave this part out.

Apr 28, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Some of the products are trademarked names, so you have to either skip mentioning the names, or give PC credit. I would just skip listing the names. Just saying "whisk the ingredients...place in large bowl, chop the tomatoes.." etc, people get the jist and will work with what they have.

Actually, that's one thing that I hear people gripe about our recipes is all the mention of the products, cause it makes them think they can't do a recipe because they don't have certain things. Or they think the recipe seems harder than it is because it's listing multiple tools. It's good for us, so we know how many different things we can demo, but other than that people don't get it--I personally like it, because it helps to know what the best tool to use might be and give me ideas on how else I can use the tools. I try to explain that to people.

Apr 28, 2009
Have something to add?