• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Meal Ideas While My Mil Is in the Hospital :(

In summary, my MIL had a mini-stroke and is now in rehab. Her husband is going to see her Wednesday and wants to bring food for him and for her. Frozen ravioli is a quick and easy meal to make.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My MIL was admitted to the hospital yesterday after having a mini-stroke and not even realizing it! She thought she had an inner ear infection which was causing her to be dizzy and shuffle instead of walk :rolleyes: She was given a prescription by her doctor a week ago for this :rolleyes: but then over the past few days she started seeing black spots and when she went for her follow up yesterday when the meds were done and said nothing was better, her sent her for a CAT scan and then they admitted her saying she's had a stroke and will now need rehab, a wheelchair or a cane (which she's refusing since they're for 'old' people ;) - she's 82 God love her!)

We're heading up there to see her Wednesday (2 hours away) and I would like to bring some sort of meal or meals for my FIL who is EXTREMELY picky. Meat and potatoes for over 50 years of marriage. I have no idea what to make him or bring. It would have to travel well and then I could send it home with him after visiting MIL in the hospital.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
How about Shepards Pie or Stroganoff? So sorry that this conditions has happened to her too.

Last edited:
Does he have a slow cooker that he can use? Maybe put together something he can dump in there, set and forget for the day, and it be ready at dinner time.

A beef roast with potatoes and veggies cooks great in a crock pot!Frozen ravioli with tomato sauce is quick and easy. Sometimes Birdseye "Voila" meals are cheap and easy and cook easily in a few minutes.Meatloaf re-heats really well.

LOL, oops. Better fix that, thanks for the catch AND thanks for the ideas :)

1. What are some quick and easy meal ideas for when my mother-in-law is in the hospital?

One simple meal idea is to make a big batch of soup or chili that can be reheated throughout the week. You can also try making one-pan dinners, such as sheet pan chicken and vegetables, or slow cooker meals that require minimal prep.

2. Are there any healthy meal options that don't take a lot of time to prepare?

Absolutely! Consider making a salad with pre-cut vegetables and protein, such as grilled chicken or canned beans. You can also try making a stir-fry with vegetables and lean protein, or a quinoa bowl with various toppings.

3. My mother-in-law has dietary restrictions. Can you suggest some meal ideas that cater to her needs?

Some options could include grilled fish or tofu with steamed vegetables and quinoa, a vegetarian curry with brown rice, or a gluten-free pasta dish with homemade sauce and vegetables. You can also modify recipes to fit specific dietary needs, such as using dairy-free alternatives or omitting certain ingredients.

4. I have kids to feed in addition to my mother-in-law. What are some family-friendly meal ideas?

You can try making a build-your-own taco or pizza night, where everyone can customize their own meal. Other options could include homemade chicken tenders with roasted vegetables, spaghetti and meatballs, or a hearty vegetable soup with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.

5. What are some budget-friendly meal ideas for this situation?

One option is to make a big batch of rice or pasta and mix in protein and vegetables to create different dishes throughout the week. You can also look for sales on frozen vegetables and meats to use in stir-fries or casseroles. Don't be afraid to get creative with leftovers to save money on meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lockhartkitchen