• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: "Fajita & Margarita" Party With No Salad Choppers!

In summary, the author is doing a show and does not have any salad choppers. He is looking for suggestions for a quick salsa with another product. Some of the suggestions are chopping inside the cap and w/ the cap on, twisting off the clear collar and dumping, taking the opportunity to demo for the salsa.
Chefkelly88
I am doing a show next week. It is going to be a "fajita & margarita" party.
Here is the dilemma....I dont have any salad choppers to make the salsa!!!
Most of my team is an hour away!! I am fairly new at this so I dont have a ton of extra product. I tried to order them & they are on back order!
So, does anyone else have any suggestions for a quick salsa with another product?
Thanks so much for your help!!!

Go with your food chopper! Chop inside the cap and w/ the cap on, twist off the clear collar and dump... (does that make sense?)

Take advantage of this and explain to the guests on how you can use different type of tool to chop instead of only the salad choppers. I have had guests say, this is stupid that we have to buy so much. I feel that once they are not overwhelmed with all of the products, they can build confidence and become a regular customer :).

Chopper - onions
forged cutlery paring knife (try me! item) - jalapeno (remember to quick tip about the seeds)
Serrated bread knife or tomato knife - tomatoes
pizza cutter - cilantro
garlic press - garlic
can opener - black beans or corn or green chilis (if you like them in your salsa - I do!)
citrus press - lime juice
avocado peeler - avocado (if you like it in your salsa)

Wow!!! You guys are awesome!!!
These are some great suggestions!!!
Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!
I feel sooo much better!!!
Thanks cheffers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I'd put jalopeno in a show food unless I was sure everyone there would be okay with it. Spiciness is very personal.

I do the Pineapple salsa with my fajitas and never use the salad choppers. Since the fajtas don't use the chopper, I take the opportunity to demo that for the salsa. I only used the salad choppers for the guests to hack up the fajitas when they were done cooking. HTH

1. Can I make fajitas without a salad chopper?

Yes, you can still make delicious fajitas without a salad chopper. You can use a sharp knife or kitchen shears to slice the vegetables and meat into thin strips.

2. What can I use instead of a salad chopper for the margarita mix?

If you don't have a salad chopper, you can use a blender or food processor to mix the ingredients for your margaritas. Alternatively, you can use a muddler or wooden spoon to gently mash the ingredients together in a pitcher.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for the fajitas?

Absolutely! While traditional fajitas use beef or chicken, you can also use shrimp, pork, or even tofu as a protein option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Is it necessary to marinate the meat for the fajitas?

Marinating the meat is not necessary, but it can add extra flavor and tenderness. If you don't have time to marinate, you can season the meat with your desired spices and cook it immediately.

5. Can I make non-alcoholic margaritas for this party?

Yes, you can make delicious non-alcoholic margaritas by omitting the tequila and using more of the other ingredients, such as lime juice and simple syrup. You can also use a non-alcoholic tequila substitute, or simply serve the margarita mix as a refreshing mocktail.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kristin B