1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I need HELP!!

1. I am doing a show next week. It is going to be a "fajita & margarita" party.
    Here is the dilemma....I dont have any salad choppers to make the salsa!!!
    Most of my team is an hour away!! I am fairly new at this so I dont have a ton of extra product. I tried to order them & they are on back order!
    So, does anyone else have any suggestions for a quick salsa with another product?
    Thanks so much for your help!!!

Jul 21, 2009
  2. akggirl

akggirl Member Gold Member

Go with your food chopper! Chop inside the cap and w/ the cap on, twist off the clear collar and dump... (does that make sense?)

Jul 21, 2009
  3. Porchechef

Porchechef Member

Take advantage of this and explain to the guests on how you can use different type of tool to chop instead of only the salad choppers. I have had guests say, this is stupid that we have to buy so much. I feel that once they are not overwhelmed with all of the products, they can build confidence and become a regular customer :).

Jul 21, 2009
  4. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Chopper - onions
    forged cutlery paring knife (try me! item) - jalapeno (remember to quick tip about the seeds)
    Serrated bread knife or tomato knife - tomatoes
    pizza cutter - cilantro
    garlic press - garlic
    can opener - black beans or corn or green chilis (if you like them in your salsa - I do!)
    citrus press - lime juice
    avocado peeler - avocado (if you like it in your salsa)

Jul 21, 2009
  5. Wow!!! You guys are awesome!!!
    These are some great suggestions!!!
    Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!
    I feel sooo much better!!!
    Thanks cheffers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 21, 2009
  6. vonfirmath

vonfirmath Member

I'm not sure I'd put jalopeno in a show food unless I was sure everyone there would be okay with it. Spiciness is very personal.

Jul 22, 2009
  7. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I do the Pineapple salsa with my fajitas and never use the salad choppers. Since the fajtas don't use the chopper, I take the opportunity to demo that for the salsa. I only used the salad choppers for the guests to hack up the fajitas when they were done cooking. HTH

Jul 22, 2009
Have something to add?