• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New in Town: Tips for Summer Fun Despite the Cold!

In summary, the expert recommends making a flyer, attending local events, and contacting local businesses.
chef-kina
Gold Member
I have been doing PC for a little over a year now. My husband is in the Navy and we just got transferred. My question is: Can any of you give me tips on starting in the new community? I have not been out to very many things yet, because it is really cold here. I really want to have a good summer though, and I just am overwhelmed at where to start. I 100% will not give up doing PC. The last 2 months I have gotten by from catalog shows. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

-Do an internet search to find out if there are any booth fairs coming up.
-Make a flyer up to send out in your neighborhood anouncing "your new pampered chef consultant" in the neighborhood.
-Do you have the bag/purse you can purchase on Paper Supply? If so, carry it with you EVERYWHERE!! Along with business cards, mini catalogs and a small card or notebook that you can have people sign up if you gave them information and tell them "you will be calling!"

I will send you my "Just Announcing" flyer I have when I get home if you would like. I am at work right now, so I'll get to it when I get home.

Good luck!
Schel

There's a CD on supply order, "Move it, you won't lose it" that has some great tips. You'll want to keep a few catalog shows going with your customer base at your old location, if only to keep you active as you build business at your new place. And get out there and talk to everyone!

schel those are great tips! i would love the flyer! thanks!!

Where are you moving to? You could make little baggies, and pass em out. Mini catalog, Business card, and some cookies. Tell them you baked them on the stoneware.

print your own biz cardsAnd post them up everywhere you can.....tanning companies, post office if they have a cork board, hairdressers, restaurants, gas stations, etc.

Ask other biz's if you can leave catalogs or flyers there for customers to browse through (dentist, doctors offices, quick lubes)

Find the chamber of commerce or their website and look for fairs/expos in your area

Do a search for a local forum (I know there's one for military spouses but I can't think of the name of it right now) or classified online

Join a wife's club on myspace for your area/military orientation and get to know others in your same situation (and remember they have friends to spread the word to also) just be careful not to post that you're a consultant or any other no-no info

Visit your local visitors center....and see if you can leave some info there or add your biz card to welcome packages (if you're military, the post may have welcome/relocation packages as well).

Hope this helps....I get to relocate my biz in June as well. Good luck!

awesome ideas all of you!! Thanks!!

oh yeah Cori, I moved to Maryland. Thanks for the idea btw, i love it!!

chef-kina said:
oh yeah Cori, I moved to Maryland. Thanks for the idea btw, i love it!!
Glad to help Good luck in maryland!!!:D

If you are looking for events look arround your comunity for any small local newspapers (they tend to have more comunity oriented things listed). You can also check with the Chamber of comerce, and comunity centers. Call the local gym, alot of Curves franchises like to open houses with a pamper yourself theme. I will even call places if I see their open house add in the paper to see if they have a PC person. It has gotten me into a few events.

1. How can I stay active and have fun during the cold summer months?

There are plenty of indoor activities you can do to stay active and have fun during the cold summer months. Some ideas include indoor sports like basketball or swimming, joining a gym or fitness class, or even trying out a new hobby like cooking or painting.

2. What are some tips for staying warm while still enjoying outdoor summer activities?

Layering is key when it comes to staying warm during outdoor summer activities. Make sure to wear a base layer made of moisture-wicking material, a middle layer for insulation, and a top layer that is both waterproof and windproof. Don't forget to also wear gloves, a hat, and warm socks!

3. How can I make the most out of my summer wardrobe in the cold weather?

Layering is also important when it comes to making the most out of your summer wardrobe in the cold weather. Try layering a summer dress with leggings, a cardigan, and boots. You can also mix and match your summer tops with warmer bottoms like jeans or corduroys.

4. What are some fun outdoor activities that are still doable in the cold summer months?

Ice skating, snowshoeing, and skiing are all fun outdoor activities that can still be done in the cold summer months. You can also try building a snowman, having a snowball fight, or going for a winter hike. Just make sure to dress appropriately and stay safe in the cold weather!

5. How can I incorporate summer foods into my meals during the cold summer months?

There are plenty of summer foods that can still be enjoyed during the cold summer months. Try making hearty winter salads with winter greens, roasted vegetables, and a warm dressing. You can also use summer fruits like berries and peaches in warm desserts like crumbles or cobblers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • Chef Shelli
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TBlackwell
  • A Pampered Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies