• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Help Please!

In summary, Kimmie is having difficulty getting people to have parties for her. Word of mouth is not helping, posting on her Facebook has not helped either. She did have three people in different states who were going to have catalog shows but two changed their minds because they either could not get orders or they got the orders but no one would pay. The third did try, she did get orders and payments but not enough to list it as a show. Kimmie also had one party lined up for April 17th then she had to reschedule but instead of rescheduling she decided to do
Kimmie2010
I have been a Pampered Chef Consultant since March 2010, but I am having problems getting anyone to have parties for me. "Word of mouth" is not helping, posting on my fb has not helped either. I did have 3 people in different states who were going to have catalog shows but 2 changed their minds because they either could not get orders or they got the orders but no one would pay. The 3rd did try, she did get orders and payments but not enough to list it as a show. I also had one party lined up for April 17th then I had to reschedule but instead of rescheduling she decided to do a catalog show, but after I have called about 6 times she still has not returned my calls, so my husband said "do not call again". Then I had a lady who wanted to have a party in June, I took her party pack over to her, but as of today she has not called to even say she got the pack. She and I tend to play phone tag alot, but I dropped that off about 3 weeks ago and she has not called to even tell me she got it. Again, my husband said "do not call again". I was hoping to make Pampered Chef my full time business but how can I do that if I can't even get parties? I am getting depressed about this. Has anyone posted on their fb and if so, what did you say to get people to have parties for you? I know alot of preschool moms and they are on my fb but they have never offered to have any type of party. Does anyone have any ideas that I can do to try to build up my business? I am not a person who can call strangers on the phone and tell them I sell Pampered Chef. Wonder if anyone lives near me that may be able to help me with ideas? I love in Southern York County, PA. It is near Hanover and York. Thank you all for your help, ideas and suggestions. I can't wait to hear them all.
Kimmie2010

where is your director in all this? sounds like you need some support. do you have cluster meetings in your area? Have you done any of the training on consultant corner? you can also listen to the prerecorded training calls there as well.how about an open house, inviting friends and neighbors to your own home? pamper a business that you frequent. and I don't think you are supposed to post P Chef on FB.

From reading your post, it sounds like you have been waiting for them to come to you. Have you ASKED them personally? A FB message isn't a personal invitation.

I would suggest you talk to your recruiter or director and get some personal coaching on how to ask for bookings.

have you ASKED the preschool moms? They WONT just offer to do shows. You have to ask them. Maybe offer to come to their house to show their crowd some easy under $2 per serving, in less than 30 minute meals in the Deep Covered Baker. You can also offer to do a kid's cooking class with the moms too!

It will get better. Do you have your original list of 100 people? Refer back to that and get on the phone and CALL everyone. Email and facebook are easy to ignore. People are more likely to book from you in person/phone. Plus, they can hear your excitement when you talk with them! Get them excited about the Cool and Serve Tray for June.

Have you asked every one of your neighbors? People at church? People at work/spouses work? All of your family, friends? Hairdresser, bank teller, etc.? Get out of your comfort zone and carry a catalog tote, wear logo wear, put a sign on your vehicle. Pamper a business by bringing them food and catalogs and then go back a few day later to pick up your dish and the orders! HTH!!!

Have you done a grand opening at your home? That can be a super way to touch loads of people in many different directions and let them know. You can send out invites and then follow up with phone calls to everyone and make the voice to voice contact. The invite alone won't do it but that phone call will! We're all cheering you on!

I would second the Grand Opening advice... you absolutely need to do one yourself as a kick-off for your business. That'll give you the best opportunity to let everyone know that you're a PC consultant, and then once they've been to your party, they'll be more likely to consider booking their own. Also, when you invite people (in person or by phone), if they can't make it, you can ask if they'd be willing to host a party to help you get started.
I'm guessing you could probably use the host benefits yourself to get more product, but if you wanted to sacrifice those this time, you could make it HWC fundraiser, which might make it easier to invite people (then you can say "a percentage of the sales will be donated to Cancer Society" as you invite.) If that makes you more comfortable inviting people, go for it. If not, then don't worry about it. But I would definitely try to do one before the end of May, to help you get bookings for June.Have fun!

I have done a Grand Opening Show at my house. I had 5 out of 50 people show up. Someone told me that they posted on their fb that they sold PC and that is how they get their shows. But for me, it is not working. I'll try to find that website for the fairs, festivals, etc.. There are no cluster meetings in my area. My director has tried to find out for me. I don't even know if there are other PC Consultants in my area. We just started going to a new church and it is a very big church so I have not had the chance yet to talk to anyone. I did post on the churches fb that I sold PC. Has anyone made their own business cards or have you purchased the through the company? I will have to dig out my 100 people list check it. Thank you all for your advice. Please continue to send them...Kimmie2010

There are other consultants in the York area. In fact, isn't Kam from there? Maybe you could PM her and ask her who her director is and see if you can hook up w/ more local training.In the meantime, go onto CC's online training center and take some of the courses.I'd recommend getting the Catalog Tote on your next supply order. Carry around some mini catalogs. Wear it everywhere you go. Maybe you can meet new people and then tell them you're excited about your new business and ask them if they'd like to book a party with you. Get their contact information and follow up with them.Like the others mentioned, you have to be the one to ask people. Very rarely will someone approach you about having a show. You have to get on the phone and call everyone. Use the new product and the Father's Day special as an excuse. It's hard to call everyone, I know. But it gets a little easier as you go. And when you do get bookings, if it's with friends or family, ask them to be sure to invite people you don't know. That way you will get out of your circle.At your new church, I'd leave the business talk to more social gatherings. Get to know the people, and then call them later.

Kimmie2010 said:
I have done a Grand Opening Show at my house. I had 5 out of 50 people show up. Someone told me that they posted on their fb that they sold PC and that is how they get their shows. But for me, it is not working. I'll try to find that website for the fairs, festivals, etc.. There are no cluster meetings in my area. My director has tried to find out for me. I don't even know if there are other PC Consultants in my area. We just started going to a new church and it is a very big church so I have not had the chance yet to talk to anyone. I did post on the churches fb that I sold PC. Has anyone made their own business cards or have you purchased the through the company? I will have to dig out my 100 people list check it. Thank you all for your advice. Please continue to send them...Kimmie2010

I'm not trying to be snotty here so please do not take offense... did you call all 50 people to personally invite them or not? I know how scary that can be but it is what it takes. If not, If it was me, I'd do another opening! Really... no harm in trying and if you make that personal connection, you just never know what might happen.

You have gotten alot of great advice so far but a couple of things in addition that I found helpful was once you get a show use the booking slide (you can ge it on supply order) and that helped my bookings.
I also just did my first personal show and did it as a Pretty in Pink party in honor of the help whip cancer products and we all dressed in pink and stuff and I had a great response bc alot of my friends are younger and they were tired of the traditional parties so I showed them we can mix it up alittle lol.
I also mailed out 75 invites to this party it was a lot of postage but I got 4 bookings(I have never got a booking before this directly from a part I have always had to ask for perosonal favors) I had a decent party of maybe 10 or so and my sales were decent but there were alot of people who said oh I didnt know you were selling I will have to call you , or invite me to your next party. Mail can be a better way to announce your business then emails and not quite as akward as phone calls(altough I highly recomend calling even if its just to say did you get my invite)
Sorry my brain is a little jumbled so I hope these random thoughts makes since.

I’m new too (March 2010) and at first it seemed a little daunting to make the calls, but it worked. I have never used fb to invite. My first GO, two people showed up, I was devastated, thought what am I going to do? Looked back at notes I had taken at a CooknBook and got to work. I sent out an announcement to 10 contacts everyday for the first week and I still send it out just changed it up a bit. You need to make the calls, it will come around. I have 10 shows booked for June and I now have people calling me for shows. Keep your chin up and most importantly remember you can do it – “you don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great”

I was in the same boat about a month ago. I signed up end of Feb, had a couple of shows in the first month, lots of "I'll host a show, but not now" responses, and totally felt like I was at a dead end. I have to make this business work for me. With the economy the way it is, DH is working 2 jobs to try and make ends meet, and we are just barely making it. If I spend too much at the grocery store, a bill doesn't get paid (just want you to know where I am, not trying to make anyone feel bad). I talked to one of my upline directors and she really coached me on getting bookings. She helped me to set my goal and to have a script for when I am calling my friends.

1. Tell them that I have started my business (yes, I sent everyone invites to my grand opening, but I got few responses, and even less showed up- I invited 80 and 8 showed.)
2. Tell them my goal with my business (DH has taken on a second job, and my goal is to make enough money for him to be able to quit by Sept.)
3. Ask if they would be willing to help me get started by hosting a show.

I had my calendar out in front of me with the dates marked that I wanted to work, and when they said yes, I asked what day of the week worked best, and then gave them dates to choose from, and got bookings right then and there.

It worked like a charm. I was so nervous and really thought I would get a lot of no's, but I called 5 people in one week and 4 said yes. One has since had to cancel b/c her husband got a sudden job transfer, but my calendar is full, and with close in bookings.

One of the things that my upline told me was that there are 3 kinds of hostesses:
1. The ones who want to earn free stuff
2. Party people, who like to have people over and entertain, and are always looking for an excuse
3. People who just want to help.

She said that when you only talk about the booking benefits and all of the free stuff, you are selling yourself short. Many people can afford to buy the stuff at full price (that's why we are in business), and $100 or so in free product isn't really worth the work, but they would love to host a show to help you. She also told me to share my story and goals at shows. It has worked like a charm. I had a show tonight- host didn't really listen to host coaching, just posted on FB. 2 people showed up, but you know what, I got 1 1/2 booking (one scheduled a date, two weeks from tonight, and the other told me she would host in August- I don't count that as a full booking).

Like someone previously said, you have to pick up the phone and call. I tried sending FB messages and email's and got lots of non-committal "mabies", that I really consider "no". You have to pick up the phone and call. It is scary at first, but honestly, you are only calling your friends, and what's the worst they can say? No!?!?! really it could be worse. The one NO I did get, told me she would order and bought about $65 worth of stuff. I wouldn't have gotten that order if I didn't ask her to book a show.

At my shows, I drop seeds about recruiting and hosting throughout the demo, then we sit down and I talk about the business, and tell them why I got started, which naturally leads into booking benefits, after I tell them all of the stuff they can earn, I finish it by saying, "it would really mean a lot to both me and my family if you would help me by hosting a show and helping me get my business started". I have said this at the past 2 shows, I have gotten 3 cooking show bookings (on the calendar in the next 6 weeks), 1 catalog show, and one tenative booking.

The training online is great, but you have to tailor it to your needs and personality. I will say, you need to learn to host coach. I have got the bookings thing down, but am still working on host coaching well to actually get people there. Just imagine how full my calendar would be if they actually had 15 people there!!!!! I would be fighting them off. I hope some of this helps!!!

Leslie....great post! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Leslie! I am currently in a booking slump and that was great. Just what I needed. Good Luck Kimmie! You can do this.

Kimmie -- what has REALLY helped me launch my business is getting my foot in the door with craft and business expo's, joining my local chamber of commerce. Really getting myself to come out of my shell. Getting my foot in the door with the local Curves. I went from having NO shows in the winter of this year, to having five shows this month and several coming up throughout the upcoming months. Giving out gift certificates at no cost to myself. Even if they don't get used up, it's still getting my name out there that "oh, SHE sells PC! I didn't know that!!" etc., etc., I'm up in northwestern Pennsylvania, but feel free to add me to your facebook. My name is Laura Wilson Antonelli. :)

Laura4 said:
Kimmie -- what has REALLY helped me launch my business is getting my foot in the door with craft and business expo's, joining my local chamber of commerce. Really getting myself to come out of my shell. Getting my foot in the door with the local Curves. I went from having NO shows in the winter of this year, to having five shows this month and several coming up throughout the upcoming months. Giving out gift certificates at no cost to myself. Even if they don't get used up, it's still getting my name out there that "oh, SHE sells PC! I didn't know that!!" etc., etc., I'm up in northwestern Pennsylvania, but feel free to add me to your facebook. My name is Laura Wilson Antonelli. :)

What kind of gift certificates do you use?

What are the most popular products for someone who needs help in the kitchen?

The most popular products for someone who needs help in the kitchen are the Food Chopper, the Mix N' Chop, the Garlic Press, the Microplane Zester, and the Manual Food Processor. These tools make chopping, mixing, and grating ingredients much easier and faster.

How can I find recipes that are easy and quick to make?

You can find easy and quick recipes on our website by selecting the "Quick & Easy" category. You can also attend our virtual cooking classes where our consultants share their favorite quick and easy recipes using our products.

What are some tips for organizing my kitchen and keeping it clean?

To organize your kitchen, use our Kitchen Organization products such as the Pantry Canisters, the Stackable Cooling Rack, and the Cabinet Door Organizer. To keep your kitchen clean, try our Non-Stick Kitchen Cleaning Cloth and the Kitchen Spritzer filled with a homemade cleaning solution of water and vinegar.

How can I save money when purchasing Pampered Chef products?

You can save money by hosting a Pampered Chef party and earning free and discounted products. You can also take advantage of our monthly specials and promotions. Additionally, signing up for our email list will keep you updated on sales and special offers.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for an exchange or full refund. You can also contact our customer service for any issues or concerns with your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies
Views
lovecookn