• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Hosting Success: How to Convey Your Business's Financial Impact

I have also been told by my recruiter that sending this letter increases the chances of the host coming to the show.
to let my hosts know that my business is my way of helping my family financially. I don't want the problem down the road of cancellations. Any suggestions? I think I want to add something to my host letter I include in my host packet.

When you talk about the opportunity of PC to people, tell them that your business helps your family make ends meet, and what it means to you and them.

I wouldn't do a guilt-trip type as if it's all on your host's shoulders if your family gets fed or not. Only you make or break your business.

to let my hosts know that my business is my way of helping my family financially. I don't want the problem down the road of cancellations. Any suggestions? I think I want to add something to my host letter I include in my host packet.
Just tell your story. Tell them why you started PC and what you do with your paycheck as part of your show intro. Don't make it "I need you to buy to feed my family" make it "I love what I do and my paycheck covers my family's grocery bill!"

out of workOne of the audio tapes suggested saying something like this when you call to confirm the date...."so that I won't be out of work the day of your show, will you call as soon as you know if an emergency rises and you won't be able to have the show." I haven't done this but it does let the host know that this is a "job" not a hobby and let's her know you take your business and your time seriously....BEE

Host coaching equals chance to recruitWhen I host coach I have started to talk about the PC business and why I got started. I also ask my host if this is something they would be interested in doing. I tell them why I started doing PC and how it could benefit them. After they say "I'll think about it." or "It's not for me." I am sure that they now know that this is a job for me. To some consultants it is extra money for bills, to others it is a hobby to make extra money to spend on themselves. Whatever your reason is, be sure to tell your hosts that if they ever do need to cancel to please call you in enough time to reschedule that day for someone else and you can always reschedule them for another time if an emergency comes up. Life is full of surprises.
I have even started sending out invites for my hosts and I always do face to face host coaching. I have only had one cancellation in the 15 months I have been doing this and it was because of a true emergency. They quickly rescheduled for another time and I had a Saturday off with my family!!
Debbie

Here's the letter I send to my host in the packet.

Attachments

• A note to my valued hos1.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 696
My recruiter gave me this. We use disposable host packets and cut this attached document up and put one on the front of a pocket of each folder. I'm sure this can be used for host packets that are used over and over again. It's not very subtle but it works. I joined Pampered Chef at the show my recruiter did for me and I didn't feel offended by this as a Host. Actually when I read it as a Host, I thought it was pretty cool that you could actually have that type of income that your family could depend on just by being a consultant. It was definitely one of the reasons why I joined.

Attachments

• Uh_ohshowcancelledcard1.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 546
This is the letter I use. I send it 4-6 weeks before the show, and before I send the host packet. I send my host packets 4 weeks before the show.
Since I started sending this letter I have had less cancelations. I like to send the letter seperate from the host packet because the host packet already has so many things to look at and can be overwhelming. I figure if this letter is sent by itself the host will look at it more closely.

Attachments

• confirmation letter-1[1].doc
    1.5 KB · Views: 504

1. How can I subtly hint to my partner that I need a break from cooking without being too direct?

One subtle idea is to leave a recipe book or cooking magazine open to a page with a dish you would like your partner to make for you. This way, you are not directly asking for a break but your partner will get the hint.

2. My partner tends to take over in the kitchen, how can I politely ask for some alone time to cook?

A subtle approach could be to plan a special date night where you cook a meal together. This way, you can both participate in the cooking process and you can have some alone time in the kitchen.

3. I want to try a new recipe but my partner is not very adventurous, how can I introduce it without overwhelming them?

Suggest adding a new ingredient or trying a different cooking technique to one of your partner's favorite dishes. This way, you can introduce something new without completely changing the meal.

4. I am feeling overwhelmed with cooking every day, how can I ask for help without causing an argument?

A subtle idea is to create a weekly meal plan and assign different nights for each person to cook. This way, you are not directly asking for help but it is a fair and equal division of cooking responsibilities.

5. My partner always offers to help with cooking but ends up making a bigger mess, how can I address this without hurting their feelings?

Suggest a specific task for your partner to do, such as chopping vegetables or setting the table. This way, they can still help but in a way that won't create more work for you or make a mess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
nay62
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates