• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Strawberry Shortcake Recipe That Can Made From Scratch

In summary, a person is looking for a strawberry shortcake recipe for a diabetic individual. Another person recommends a website for recipes with good reviews and a third person shares a homemade, diabetic-friendly recipe for strawberry shortcake.
msangtorn
Silver Member
Hi all.

I am in need of assisitance, I have a possible new customer, I just met her thru my new job, and she is looking for a strawberry Shortcake recipe that can be made from scratch. Her Mother in law is dibetic so she cannot have the regular store bought shells but something homemade with splenda is not a problem for her.

If anyone has this recipe or even a recipe, doesn't even need to be PC, could you please e mail me at [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance,
:)

Sorry, I don't have a recipe to pass on, but I will give you my "go-to" website. When looking there, I only make recipes that have received many positive reviews. That way, I am almost assured that it will come out perfect!

:D

Here is a delicious and easy strawberry shortcake recipe that can be made from scratch and is diabetic-friendly:Ingredients:- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour- 1/4 cup Splenda granulated sweetener- 1/4 tsp salt- 1 tbsp baking powder- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces- 1/2 cup skim milk- 1 tsp vanilla extract- 2 cups sliced strawberries- Sugar-free whipped cream (optional)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, Splenda, salt, and baking powder.3. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.4. In a separate small bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla extract.5. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms.6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter to cut out 6-8 biscuits.7. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.8. While the biscuits are baking, slice the strawberries and set aside.9. Once the biscuits are done, let them cool for a few minutes before assembling the shortcakes.10. To assemble, cut the biscuits in half and place the bottom half on a plate. Top with sliced strawberries and a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream. Place the top half of the biscuit on top. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.11. Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade, diabetic-friendly strawberry shortcakes!

1. How do I make a strawberry shortcake from scratch?

To make a strawberry shortcake from scratch, you will need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, milk, vanilla extract, and fresh strawberries. First, cream together the butter and sugar, then add in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and gradually add it to the wet mixture. Spread the batter into a greased baking pan and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it cool before topping with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

2. Can I use frozen strawberries for the shortcake?

While fresh strawberries are recommended for the best flavor, you can use frozen strawberries if needed. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using them as a topping for the shortcake.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a strawberry shortcake from scratch. However, you may find it easier to use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

You can substitute some ingredients in this recipe, such as using a gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version or using almond milk instead of regular milk. However, keep in mind that this may alter the taste and texture of the final product.

5. How should I store the leftover shortcake?

If you have leftover shortcake, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, but it may become slightly soggy when thawed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pampchefsarah