• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Mediterranean Cafe Salad Recipe for Your Christmas Party

Ingredients:1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved10 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheeseDressing:1/4 cup red wine vinegar1/4 cup olive oil1 teaspoon sugar1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves1/4 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepperSalad:1 head romaine lettuce1/2 cup snipped fresh parsley1/4 cup prepared Greek vinaigrette dressingInstructions:1. Cook orzo according to package directions.2. Combine grape tomatoes
MissChef
Gold Member
Years ago we had a salad called Mediterranean Cafe Salad, I don't know if it ever went in to one of our season's bests.. I can't remember.. I do know that it was on recipe cards though! I want to make this salad TODAY!!:eek: I found it about 2 weeks ago on one of those cards.. but low and behold and I can't find it now!! ugh! I need this for my hubby's Christmas party tonight, that I'm organizing! so if anyone has it... Please oh please help me and post it! thank you!:balloon:

does it have orzo?

Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Ingredients:
1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wedges
1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta

1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup pitted whole kalamata olives
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
1/4 cup prepared Greek vinaigrette dressing
Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine asparagus, bell pepper, onion and oil in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Press garlic into mixing bowl using Garlic Press; toss to coat using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
2. Spread vegetables in a single layer on Large Bar Pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Cut asparagus and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
3. Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions in Small (2-qt.) Saucepan; drain and rinse under cold running water in small Colander. Place orzo in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add vegetable mixture, beans, feta cheese, olives, parsley and salad dressing; toss gently. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.

Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Toss
taken from The Pampered Chef -It's Good for you cookbookVinaigrette1 lemon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepperSalad2 cups (6 oz.) uncooked medium shell pasta
1 small cucumber, scored and sliced (1 cup)
1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
10 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 package (8 oz) Mediterranean salad blend (5 cups)
1 can (12 oz.) solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled feta cheese1. For vinaigrette, juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Combine lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, oregano, salt and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended and set aside.2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (4 qt.) Casserole; drain and rinse under cold running water.3. Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges. Cut tomatoes in half using Utility Knife. Coarsely chop olives using Food Chopper.4. Place pasta in large bowl; add vegetables, olives, salad greens and tuna. Pour vinaigrette over salad, tossing to coat; sprinkle with cheese.

http://pennysfoodblog.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/mediterranean-cafe-salad-tried-and-true/

thanks Gail.. but unfortunatley it's not either of these! :eek: It wasn't in a cookbook, if it was, it was a season's best.. no it did not have orzo.. it has something where you could make cheese crisps on a stone to serve with it.. it had beans and kalamata olives.. this would have been years ago.. because we still had the cherry/olive pitter... i do really appreciate you trying though! you are awesome..!;)
anyone else want to try to help me!

gailz2 said:
http://pennysfoodblog.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/mediterranean-cafe-salad-tried-and-true/

I did find this too, but it's not "quite" it!! the original recipe is a little different.. :cry:

I have a Mediterranean Cafe Salad that contains lipton dry soup in the dressing. Is this what you are looking for? It was on a PC recipe flyer with a lipton soup coupon in 2003/2004.

How about this one:
Mediterranean Cafe Salad (Pampered Chef) RecipeOr:Medittanean Cafe SaladDressing:
¼ c. olive oil or vegetable Oil
3 T. red or white wine vinegar
1 envelope Lipton's onion soup mix
1 clove garlicSalad:
Medium cucumber
1 can medium size olives
1 red bell pepper and small red onion
2 cups cooked chicken or 1 can (12 oz.) solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
½ cup crumbled Feta cheeseMix dressing ingredients and set aside. In large bowl, mix Salad ingredients. Toss with dressing & serve.

Amanda just listed the recipe I was talking about. It is delicious.

Is this it??

Attachments

• MediterraneanCafeSalad.pdf
    559.7 KB · Views: 441
Oops! I see we were all posting at the same time...didn't realize Amanda was nice enough to type it for you!

babywings76 said:
How about this one:
Mediterranean Cafe Salad (Pampered Chef) Recipe

Or:

Medittanean Cafe Salad

Dressing:
¼ c. olive oil or vegetable Oil
3 T. red or white wine vinegar
1 envelope Lipton's onion soup mix
1 clove garlic

Salad:
Medium cucumber
1 can medium size olives
1 red bell pepper and small red onion
2 cups cooked chicken or 1 can (12 oz.) solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
½ cup crumbled Feta cheese

Mix dressing ingredients and set aside. In large bowl, mix Salad ingredients. Toss with dressing & serve.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Amanda AND thank you all for being so helpful! I just love this board! Okay.. I'm going to go post a thread for a little bit more help! hehe! would love anyones help! :)

and Amanda, it is the 2nd one you typed! :) thank you!!!:love:

You're welcome--glad I could help. :)

1. What type of recipes does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for every occasion, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and even appetizers. We also have recipes for specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb.

2. Can I search for recipes by ingredient?

Yes, our website has a search bar where you can enter specific ingredients or keywords to find recipes that match your needs. You can also filter your search results by meal type, dietary restrictions, and more.

3. Are the recipes easy to follow?

Absolutely! We pride ourselves on creating recipes that are not only delicious but also easy to follow. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions, as well as helpful tips and tricks to make the cooking process even easier.

4. Can I save my favorite recipes?

Yes, you can create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes to your profile. This way, you can easily access them whenever you need them without having to search for them again.

5. Are there cooking videos or tutorials available?

Yes, we have a section on our website called "Cooking Videos" where you can find step-by-step tutorials for some of our most popular recipes. We also offer virtual cooking classes, where you can learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our expert chefs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Laura
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pcchefmichelle