• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious PC Recipe: Pizza Stone, Crescent Roll Crust & Apple Pie Filling

In summary, the conversation was about a guest raving about a PC recipe with a pizza stone, crescent roll crust, and apple pie filling. The recipe mentioned was not the Apple Danish Braid or Glazed Apple Wreath. Other suggestions included Easy Apple Tart, Apple Charlotte, and Taffy Apple Pizza.
mrssyvo
At a show tonight, one of the guests was RAVING about a PC recipe, did not know the name of it, but now everyone wants me to find it, so I come to the best source I know, You Guys !!!! It is fixed on a pizza stone, cresent roll crust and apple pie filling spread on top. She could not remember if there was anything else added, but then more crsent roll slices were twisted across the top. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Maybe this one?Apple Danish Braid

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 TBS. sugar
1/2 tsp. Korintje Cinnamon
1 TBS. maple-flavored syrup
Preheat oven to 375 F. In Classic 2 Qt. Batter Bowl, combine cream
cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg mixing until
smooth using 10" Whisk. Chop pecans with Food Chopper. Unroll 1 pkg. of
crescent dough; do not separate. arrange longest sides of dough across
width of 12" x 15" Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining pkg. of
dough. Using Dough and Pizza Roller, roll dough to seal perforations.
On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips 1-1/2 inches
apart, 3 inches deep using Pizza Cutter (there will be 6 inches in the
center for the filling). spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over
middle of dough. Peel, core and slice apples using A/P/C/S. Cut slices
crosswise in half; evenly arrange apple slices over cream cheese mixture.
Combine sugar and cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over apples.
Scoop remaining cream cheese mixture over apples using medium Stainless
Steel Scoop; sprinkle with pecans. to braid, lift strips of dough across
mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue
alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of
braid. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven;
brush with syrup using pastry Brush. Cut with Slice 'N Serve.

no that's not it, she said you just put apple pie filling on it. At first I thought it was the braid, but she said not, it is just rolled out like a pizza

Or maybe it was the Glazed Apple Wreath from S/S 05 Season's Best?

Could it be one of these?

Easy Apple Tart
Ingredients:
Crust

1 package refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)

Filling

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Glaze

1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll pie crust into a 13-inch circle using Baker's Roller™ on Classic Round Stone.

2. Peel, core and slice apples with Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut slices in half. Spread apples evenly in a 12-inch circle. Brush apples with butter using Pastry Brush.

3. Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; place in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over apples. Fold outside edge over apples.

4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool 5 minutes.

5. For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. Pour over warm tart. Slice and serve warm.

Yield: 10-12 servings

Apple Charlotte
Ingredients:
2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
1/2 cup walnut halves, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1 package (3.5 ounces) butterscotch cook & serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10 slices firm white bread
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Pie Plate with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into pie plate, mounding slightly in center. Chop walnuts using Food Chopper. Sprinkle walnuts and raisins over pie filling.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk, eggs, pudding mix and cinnamon with Stainless Steel Whisk.

3. Cut crusts off bread; cut each slice diagonally to form 20 triangles. Dip each bread triangle into pudding mixture and arrange in slightly overlapping circular pattern over filling. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges of bread are deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes; sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 81 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 3 g

Okay, I just saw your reply. How about the Taffy Apple Pizza?

Taffy Apple Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller®, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.

2. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.

3. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.

4. Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook’s Tips: Use the Jar Opener to open the jar of caramel ice cream topping with ease.

The Large Spreader is handy for spreading the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cookie. Our Small Spreader works equally well for spreading frosting and thick glazes over baked goods.

Dip apples in lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda or lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

Add a touch of spice to this dessert pizza by sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apple slices in Step 3 using the Flour/Sugar Shaker.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2006

no, it was not taffy apple pizza- I tried all of these. She said it was even easier, you just open a can of pie filling. I do not recall seeing a recipe like this. The way she talks about it, it was so easy no recipe was needed, evidently. I am tempted to just try it the way she said you made it, and if it works, just type it up and send it out.

Recipe-Peachy (Apple, Cherry) Cheese Coffee CakeThe recipe you are looking for is Peachy cheese coffee cake, it is on pg 67 of All the Best cookbook, and it is wonderful. If you don't have all the best ckbk let me know and I will send the recipe to you :)

1. How do I preheat the pizza stone?

To preheat the pizza stone, place it in the oven while it is heating up. Make sure to preheat the stone for at least 30 minutes before using it to ensure it is hot enough for cooking.

2. Can I use any type of crescent roll dough?

Yes, you can use any brand or type of crescent roll dough for this recipe. However, make sure to follow the instructions on the package for baking times and temperatures.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit filling?

While this recipe calls for apple pie filling, you can certainly use a different type of fruit filling such as cherry or blueberry. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices used to complement the fruit.

4. Do I need to grease the pizza stone?

No, you do not need to grease the pizza stone. The dough will not stick to the stone when it is properly preheated.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. Mozzarella, cheddar, or even a combination of cheeses would work well with the apple pie filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Beckycooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom