• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Recipe for a Middle Eastern Type Dish

In summary, a person is looking for a Middle Eastern recipe to please their friend who loves a specific restaurant. They are recommended to check out a website for recipes and are given a falafel recipe with a tahini sauce as a suggestion for their party.
cjdrish
I have a friend who said she would have a party if I can find a Middle Eastern type recipe. There is a Resturant here in MI (La Shish) she eats there with all of her friends all of the time. They serve hummos, falafal and toubuli type things!! If anyone has anything please send it to me!!! my email is [email protected]
Thank You in Advance!!

Try this websiteTry this website- www.joycesfinecooking.com and put in "middle eastern recipes" in the search bar. That's where I go if I am looking for a recipe that I can't find in my cookbooks. Someone from this site actually recommended it to me! Good Luck!

~Erica :)

Here is a recipe for falafel that you can try:Falafel Recipe:Ingredients:- 1 cup dried chickpeas- 1 small onion, chopped- 2 cloves garlic, chopped- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped- 1 tsp cumin- 1 tsp coriander- 1 tsp salt- 1/4 tsp black pepper- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper- 1/2 tsp baking powder- 4 tbsp flour- Vegetable oil for fryingInstructions:1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Drain and rinse.2. In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, baking powder, and flour until well combined.3. Form the mixture into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.4. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or fryer to 375°F.5. Carefully drop the falafel balls into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.6. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.7. Serve hot with hummus, tahini sauce, and pita bread.Tahini Sauce Recipe:Ingredients:- 1/2 cup tahini paste- 1/4 cup water- 1 clove garlic, minced- Juice of 1 lemon- Salt, to taste- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)Instructions:1. In a small bowl, mix together the tahini paste, water, garlic, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.2. If the sauce is too thick, add more water until desired consistency is reached.3. Stir in chopped parsley, if using.4. Serve with falafel and pita bread.Enjoy your Middle Eastern themed party!

1. What is a traditional Middle Eastern dish?

A popular traditional Middle Eastern dish is shawarma, which is a meat dish cooked on a vertical rotisserie and typically served in a wrap or pita bread.

2. What ingredients are commonly used in Middle Eastern dishes?

Some common ingredients used in Middle Eastern dishes include rice, lentils, chickpeas, lamb, chicken, olive oil, and various herbs and spices such as cumin, turmeric, and sumac.

3. Can you recommend a vegetarian Middle Eastern dish?

Falafel is a popular vegetarian dish in Middle Eastern cuisine. It is made from ground chickpeas, herbs, and spices, formed into balls or patties, and then fried or baked.

4. How can I make a Middle Eastern dish with limited time and ingredients?

A simple and quick Middle Eastern dish is hummus, which is made from mashed chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. It can be served as a dip or spread and only requires a few ingredients and minimal prep time.

5. What is a good side dish to serve with a Middle Eastern meal?

A popular side dish in Middle Eastern cuisine is tabbouleh, which is a salad made from bulgur wheat, parsley, tomatoes, and other vegetables. It pairs well with many Middle Eastern dishes and adds a refreshing element to the meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• iteachurkid
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcheatham08