• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with These Proven Strategies: My Journey in Direct Sales

In summary, Brooke is feeling down about her PC sales and is having trouble booking shows for June. She has been listening to CDs from National Conference about booking and recruiting and found them very motivating.
bbauman07
Gold Member
UGGHHH!!! When the month of June started I was so excited, I had 7 shows 3 of which in the 1st week. Then I had 2 cancelations taking me down to 5 shows, I did some research here found Kristi's phone sale idea which went well, and decided to "canvas" the neighborhood knocking on doors and inviting people to my open house. Which brought me back to 7 shows.

Then I went to that show on Sunday that had one guest that showed up a 1/2 hour late aand left with $0 in sales. Now my next 2 shows this month I can't reach the hosts. One of which is for tommorrow night, the funny thing is I met the host at one of my garage sales and she called me last week and said would you do a show next Thursday(tommorrow) we picked the time and everything I was supposed to call her bak with a grocery list this week. I have called her everyday I'm starting to feel like a PC stalker but she won't return my phone calls, so I think I lost yet another show, Plus since the host for my show on the 17th won't call back I'm starting to worry that one is gone also.

I have rebuilt my calender before but this time I'm wondering if I should just hang up my apron. I know I'm good at my job, I had a past guest who used to sell PC she told me that was the best show she had been to, plus my aunt who has been into PC for year had a show for me about 6 months ago and called everyone in my family and told them I had found my calling. I'm just not feeling it tonight, I'm trying really hard and it feels like it is falling apart around me. I'm thinking tommorrow I have to go hit the pavement to go back to the 9-5 world.

As long as I have sold PC I haven't felt this way. I'm sorry this is so long and I sorry to bring anyone down, I'm just feeling really down right now and I'm just not sure it's worth it anymore.

Brooke I understand your worries I was there in January. However if you have received complements so much to say you have found your calling don't give up. People are flakes, and that is the one thing that sucks about this biz, is sometimes you just don't know.

Everyone goes through some down time, no matter what level of the biz you are, this is completely normal. I think that you have what it takes, just take a deap breath and move on to more bookings.

Good Luck, I know you will do great!

I know what you mean.. I'm in SS month 2 and am finding that my family members have a tendency to put things off and I feel like I'm constantly having to beg them just to get their shows done! I honestly thought that would be the easy part. I'm just hoping I meet some people outside of family and friends soon to get things going again.

I've been listening to CDs from National Conference about booking and recruiting and found them very motivating. It does seem that everyone goes through a slump so hang in there!!

Brooke,
I really feel for you! That is SO frustrating to know that you've been doing a great job and have spent the time to get your shows booked for June, then have the rug pulled out from under you. Especially because June is such a big month with the Sell-A-Thon it's probably even more of a letdown for you. But it sounds like you're doing all you can to keep your business strong. It seems like maybe all of these bummers have happened to come during this one month, whereas usually they're spaced out a little bit more.

Based on what you've posted here, it sounds like you have a very successful business and it's something to be proud of! You've taken a negative and made it into a positive by putting in some time and getting some bookings back on your calendar. It sounds like you've been proactive and had some great ideas that you've put into place! Hopefully this bummer that you're faced with will soon pass and turn into something good for you! Hopefully these hosts that seem flaky right now will actually come through for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you do.

The month is still young, so I hope things start going better for you!!

There is another thread (or five) on here that talks about MIA hosts. I think the best thing is to call them x amount of times - you set the amount and DON'T go over it! On the last call, let them know it is the last call and you won't be contacting them until they call back. You like being the Pampered Chef, not the Pampered Pest. Give them an out - "it's okay to have to reschedule, but let me know asap so I can keep my business going consistently." I've actually started telling hosts that they have to tell me three weeks in advance if they are going to reschedule. Anyhoo, another approach is to call the host and say 1. sorry we keep missing each other 2. I'm still planning on doing a show for you tomorrow (or whenever it is scheduled for) 3. If I don't hear from you by x, I'll have to pick the recipe 4. I'll just bring the receipt and you can reimburse me for the groceries. If that doesn't get her on the phone, bless and release!

Don't give up! We all know this is the best biz, and if people have told you how great you are at your job, then that's a good motivator too. I know how much it sucks to have cancellations & people that don't return your calls. But if we took all those personally, we'd never get anything done. Maybe these cancellations of yours will reschedule for next month? Like someone else said, it's still early in the month...I know I'm still looking for a couple of shows & it ain't over till the fat lady sings;) I mean, I'm not giving up until I run out of time! Just keep smilin' & keep tryin'!

Keep you smile on, Brooke! I'm so sorry that your June is not turning out as you had hoped. It's so easy to take it personally and feel like you're failing when the cancellations come in. Some people just don't get it! It sounds like you're doing everything great. There's still a chance to get a couple more shows in for June. I've had dissapointing months in the past and just have to remind myself that if I don't reach my goal it doesn't mean the end, I just need to start focusing on the next one. I don't know what your needs are for the month but just remember, you still have those five shows and can make them the best you can through host coaching. It could still be a great month!

Brooke, hang in there...since you asked for a pick me up, that says to me that you really don't want to quit. You can do this, just like everyone else has said. June is always a tough month because we are striving for the sell-a-thon, but life happens to everyone...vacations, schools out, times are hectic in the summer. Here's a little lemonade for you...your five shows will help tremendously with the cluster challenge and if that is met then you will at least get the new "sharp" product.

I am in somewhat of the same boat, I have only 4 shows this month and they are not turning out so great...I don't know that I will make the first level.

Don't give up on your hosts just yet, the month is not over!

Thank you every one, I really needed this. I'm just sooooo frustrated right now, with my husband missing almost 2 weeks of work this is the last thing we can afford this month which is why I think I'm taking it so hard. I really need to be increasing my income to recover from him missing a $1,000 pay check, but instead it is decreasing.

The host for tonights show still hasn't returned my phone calls, and I told her last night (on her machine of course) that if I didn't hear for her today I wouldn't be coming to do her show this evening. She lives about 25 minutes away from me.

I have held 2 shows already this month so I have done my part for the cluster challenge , and I can live with out earning free products through the sell a thon it's the shrinking paycheck that has me worried. Maybe I need to take my own advice and do some tail gating this weekend.

I just talked to my host for the 17th, it looks like I jumped the gun on that one. How ever I still haven't heard from the lady for tonight.

Hey, Brooke!

Haven't "talked" to you in a long time. I'll put you and your hubby on my prayer list, OK? I know it's frightening as well as frustrating to lose your income like that!

Don't quit--do those CC calls, OOB calls, MAC's,-- I've been listening this evening to the HO CD "Connecting with Customer Care" (I think that's the name). It's inspiring me to pick up that 400 lb phone.

Hang on! Keep praying!

Blessings on your family,
Ann

Thank you Ann, we could use the extra prayers right now. How are you? Funny I was just thinking about you last night. Open up my email and her you are. I will hang in here, and I'll be really trying to increase my sales and bookings. It's great to hear from you we will have to caught up through email.

Keep your chin up!Brooke~I completely understand! Please keep your head high!:D It's not you, it's just the timing with school out and busy lives! I have only had one cancellation on me in my first year. This month I've had 4:eek: which brings me to 7 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows. Also, I turned in $0 in January but have turned that around by turning in no less than $3k each month since. When I first started June, I booked 11 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows. Now for me, that is a record but I really want to hit Level 4. I had 2 shows scheduled in the first week of June, one on June 2 and 3rd. Now these were both for family members and I got a phone call on the 1st for the party on the second saying that she can't get anyone to come. Understandable since she has done 5 shows in one year for me. The party on the 3rd was for my aunt and she came by my house on friday the 2nd @ 4pm saying the party was off. I was so :mad: because I felt like she wasn't taking my business seriously. And to come by and tell me without 24 hours notice sucks. :rolleyes: Since then, the rest of my shows seem like they are holding on their dates and I did do a show last night with 11 guests and had sales of $433. Not my greatest but now I'm at the point if I can make it to turn it as a show, that' cool with me. I have now given myself the goal of Level 3 with turning in $6k this month. Still going to be hard but with one catalog and one cooking show, I have $1044 in sales for the month. So, moral of the story, it will get better, I promise! I'm glad you did the phone sale and got some sales from that as well! I guess I should post my results with that as well!:D

1. How long have you been working in direct sales?

I have been working in direct sales for over 10 years now. I started my journey with Pampered Chef in 2010 and have been able to consistently increase my sales year after year.

2. What inspired you to write about your sales strategies?

After seeing so much success in my own direct sales business, I wanted to share my knowledge and strategies with others in the industry. I believe that by helping others succeed, we can all grow and thrive together.

3. What are some of the key strategies you have found to be most effective in boosting sales?

Some of the key strategies I have found to be most effective include building strong relationships with customers, consistently following up and offering excellent customer service, utilizing social media and online platforms, and always staying current with product knowledge.

4. How can I apply these strategies to my own direct sales business?

The strategies I share in my book are applicable to any direct sales business. It is important to tailor them to fit your specific industry and products, but the overall principles and techniques can be applied in any business setting.

5. Can these strategies work for someone who is just starting out in direct sales?

Absolutely! These strategies are not just for experienced direct sales professionals. In fact, implementing these techniques from the beginning can set a strong foundation for long-term success. It's never too early to start building strong relationships and utilizing effective sales strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pamperedchef88
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
ShellBeach