• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding a New Car: Chevy Cruze, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion & Pontiac Vibe

In summary, the experts recommend the Honda Accord as a good car to buy. They last a long time and get good gas mileage.
pampchefrhondab
I need a new car:-(! My 1994 Bonneville is ready for scrap - she no longer runs.

I have some in mind, but wanted to know if any of you own any of these and how you like than. Gas mileage is important since I drive about 90 miles a day.

They are (used by the way)

Chevy Cruze
Honda Accord 4 door
Ford Fusion
Pontiac Vibe

Any other suggestions?

check out KIA's. We have a SOUL and absolutely love it. It may be smaller than you want but a friend has a Sportage and really likes it, too.

We drove an Accord for almost 13 yrs (wow! Was it that long?). Anyway, had ~160k miles, and it still was running fantastic. Big 7pt buck decided to take it on last fall and they both lost (car was old enough the insurance company just totaled it, but even at that age, it was worth over 6,000) but it was a good car. It got ~27-29 mpg highway...even after all these yrs. My dh drove it 70 miles a day, give or take. We were meticulous about keeping regular maintenance with the dealer, so that may have helped.

I highly recommend a 2004 or newer Prius.

I have a 2004 and LOVE my 45-50mpg Almost bought a Prius V (station wagon) a few weeks ago, but found out a few things about our finances that made the deal not comfortable for us. We decided to get our ducks in a row and wait. We will buy one though most likely within a year. Had we been willing to trade in our current Prius, we probably would have been OK with the financing, but we really want/need two Prii. Due to gas prices, and the fact that hubby and I work opposite shifts, we are both driving the same car to work. Used to go 5-6 months between oil changes, (5000 miles per manufacturer) we are down to every 3 months in between. We really need a second one...

Love my Honda CRV. Has over 130,000 miles on it with basic repairs. We are aiming for 200,000. Great car for my shows too.

Last edited:
I now drive a Toyota Rav 4 and love it...but prior to that, I leased a Kia Sportage for 2 years (due to financial issues) and loved it more!!!! I wish I still had my Kia - it was great on gas and very easy to handle! Not as truck-like as my Rav, but a joy to drive.

otisbg said:
I now drive a Toyota Rav 4 and love it...but prior to that, I leased a Kia Sportage for 2 years (due to financial issues) and loved it more!!!! I wish I still had my Kia - it was great on gas and very easy to handle! Not as truck-like as my Rav, but a joy to drive.

I LOVE my Rav4. It's a 2006 with almost 100,000 miles. Best car I've had.

pampchefrhondab said:
I need a new car:-(! My 1994 Bonneville is ready for scrap - she no longer runs.

I have some in mind, but wanted to know if any of you own any of these and how you like than. Gas mileage is important since I drive about 90 miles a day.

They are (used by the way)

Chevy Cruze
Honda Accord 4 door
Ford Fusion
Pontiac Vibe

Any other suggestions?

Of these choices, I'd go with the Honda Accord. They tend to age gracefully and last a long time. I drive a Subaru Forester, another car/brand known for long life. A Toyota Camry would probably also be a good choice.

You should be able to do some quick research on good used cars. I'm thinking Consumer Reports has good information on this topic. Your library probably has this magazine. It would be well worth a little research on you part. And of course, have YOUR mechanic check out any car you're thinking of buying.

I'm selling my 2007 Freestyle if you're interested. :) I'm ordering a new Nissan NV Passenger van, it's a full size 12 passenger ... I outgrew the Freestyle. I'm just going to sell it for what my dealer offered me on trade.

Love my Honda CRV! Wanted a SUV but didn't want anything too big. Perfect for me and my family of four with an extra passenger now and then.

Thanks for the help. You are all listing cars I'm interested in. I looked at a Forester and liked it due to the AWD. I think I may have found my car tonight. It's a brand new Accord. It's the same price as a used since they are clearing out for 2013 models. Plus I can go longer on the loan then a used car. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it's nice for me. It's just get me to work and back.

can't go wrong with a Honda! enjoy.

Thanks! I got my new Accord today!!

What features should I consider when choosing between the Chevy Cruze, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, and Pontiac Vibe?

When comparing these four cars, some important factors to consider include fuel efficiency, safety ratings, reliability, and overall cost. You may also want to think about the specific features and technology that each car offers, such as entertainment systems, navigation, and driver assistance features.

Which of these cars has the best fuel efficiency?

The Chevy Cruze, Honda Accord, and Ford Fusion all have similar fuel efficiency, with an average of 30 miles per gallon for city driving and 40 miles per gallon for highway driving. The Pontiac Vibe has slightly lower fuel efficiency, with an average of 26 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles per gallon on the highway.

What are the safety ratings for these cars?

All four of these cars have strong safety ratings, with the Honda Accord and Ford Fusion receiving 5-star overall ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Chevy Cruze and Pontiac Vibe both received 4-star overall ratings from the NHTSA.

Which of these cars is the most reliable?

According to Consumer Reports, the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry (not included in the options listed) are known for their reliability, with the Chevy Cruze and Ford Fusion also receiving high marks. The Pontiac Vibe, on the other hand, has a mixed reliability rating.

How do the overall costs compare for these cars?

The overall costs will vary depending on factors such as the specific model, features, and your location. However, in general, the Chevy Cruze and Ford Fusion tend to have lower starting prices compared to the Honda Accord and Pontiac Vibe. It's important to also consider long-term costs such as maintenance, insurance, and fuel efficiency when making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
AJPratt