• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Middle Name for Baylor...

In summary, Ok, so DH and I have narrowed it down to Brooklyn and Baylor. We really like Brooklyn Mackenzie (BMW initals, LOL!) but I can't think of anything for Baylor and DH doesn't like it with Mackenzie. You guys are so helpful I was hoping you could throw some ideas out there for me.
She needs to marry a guy with the last name of Dodgers.

What about Isabelle, but shorten it to Is...Baylor Is Wright. She'd win every argument!! Tee hee.

I like Baylor Rae the best.

Good luck. Isn't it fun picking?

Diane

IF RAE WINS...what pc prize do I win GILLIAN????

Jilleysue said:
IF RAE WINS...what pc prize do I win GILLIAN????

The Se-RAE-ted knife?

i want the 3 tiered Simple additions

Baylor Nichole, I named my princess Baylee Nichole - Nichole after Nicholas (her daddy) just my thoughts

I hope your last name isn't George, because when she does to school, she'd be listed as George, Baylee.Well, I guess it IS a Wonderful Life.

This is why I'm not having kids. DH would want to name them all Bob. Or Diesel. Or something equally silly.

----
Baylor Jane
Baylor Ann (wink)
Baylor Ishnikof (say it out loud and you'll get it)

I should have known better to start this thread, LOL! We can't even keep a baby name thread clean anymore! Hee hee, I guess I can't really blame others...

I like Baylor Rae and Baylor Nicole, but my neice's MN is Nicole so that is out. Not only do I need to find a name I love, but then convince my DH who is Brooklyn bound!!

Brooklyn Baye...just a thought :D

I like Baylor Grace, and Baylor Paige, but DD's name is Alexia Paige, LOL!

Gillian...my bro & sil named all their kids same middle name Rae/Ray...Martin Ray, Nicolas Ray, Rebecca Rae, Robin Rae, Riley Rae....

I use to work at social services and a client had all the kids the same first name. How's that for imagination? Valky

Last edited:
yummy4tummy said:
I use to work at social services and a client had all the kids the same first name. How's that for imagination? Valky

That's like George Foreman! LOL! Too funny.

I used to live next door to Juan & Carmen. My wife worked with Carmen's younger sister, Carmen.Her family had so many children, they ran out of names and started to reuse them!

I like the names Baylor Leigh, Baylor Calahan, Baylor Marie, Baylor Madison. These are just a few I can think of right now.

chefann said:
............Baylor Ishnikof (say it out loud and you'll get it)
Nope, I still don't get it.......please explain.

I think it's a belly dancer.

thechefofnorthbend said:
Brooklyn Baye...just a thought :D
And when she has a brother and sister, they can all have the same middle name - so she can name them Tampa and Green.

I always wished I could say my middle name is "Danger". Alas, my kids' dad wouldn't go for it.

Paige Dixon said:
I always wished I could say my middle name is "Danger". Alas, my kids' dad wouldn't go for it.

OMG My cousins son's name is...and I'm not kidding...

Cody "Danger" Ranger...ugh...

My Ex's sons name is Theodore Turner Field...nickname "Ted Turner"

WTF??? is worng with these people???

I LOVE Baylor Nicole, or how about Baylor Gillian???

Like, Candy Kane?Bart Enders?Sandy Beach?At least, her parents didn't name her sister Sonja Faye.

thechefofnorthbend said:
OMG My cousins son's name is...and I'm not kidding...

Cody "Danger" Ranger...ugh...

My Ex's sons name is Theodore Turner Field...nickname "Ted Turner"

WTF??? is worng with these people???
Does Cody have a brother named, "Texas?"

I love Baylor! So cute! My new granddaughter is Taylor which rhymes with Baylor! They had an awful time picking out a middle name and ended up with Elaine which is a family name on both sides and very pretty.
Caroliine was their 2nd choice and it is my daughters name. I love it with Baylor.
Of your choices suggested tho - I love Rae, Grace, Elizabeth, Paige etc... I am pretty traditional!

Cindycooks said:
I love Baylor! So cute! My new granddaughter is Taylor which rhymes with Baylor! They had an awful time picking out a middle name and ended up with Elaine which is a family name on both sides and very pretty.
Caroliine was their 2nd choice and it is my daughters name. I love it with Baylor.
Of your choices suggested tho - I love Rae, Grace, Elizabeth, Paige etc... I am pretty traditional!
I love Caroline! That is my niece's name: Emma Caroline and her sister is Mia Grace!

OK, I have to put my two cents worth in. My Mom had the great idea of selecting a middle name that began with the same letter as our last name.
That way, we could have the same middle initial all our lives. NOTE: Legally,
I believe women take the first letter of their maiden name, as their middle initial when they marry. At least that is true in NYS. Therefore, I gave both my daughters Lynn as their middle names. Donna Lynn and Kathy Lynn. Kathy told me in later years that she wished I had named her Katherine so that it did not sound like a nickname. I cannot help but wonder how some of today's children will feel when they have to continually spell their names for everyone they meet, all of their lives. It has also been very difficult when I have helped in pre-schools for my grandchildren, and a boy has longer hair than some girls, and has a genderless name. Now that girls are being given genderless names, they too, can be mistaken for a boy. When you are taking them to restrooms, it gets a little testy! You have to ask them if they are a boy or a girl. Of course, the teacher is expected to know, but what about volunteers who are new on the scene. I only helped one morning a week, and with 25 or more children, it was not always possible to learn each child's name, let alone guess their gender.

After awhile, you get used to it, in a begrudging sort of a way. I kinda like my first name, because it's unique, but I hate the diminutive of it. No, I'm not telling you because only family and a select set of close friends are allowed to call me by the diminutive. Everyone else uses my intials. (No, T, K and G are not my intials but everyone up here is always going to call me KG anyway.)Medical professionals all use my given name, which is okay, even though the only time my mother used it was when I was in deep doodoo. The biggest problem with my name isn't the procunciation - it's the spelling. I've only met a handful of people in my lifetime who spell it the same way I do, so it's common that no one ever spells it correctly - often even when I spell it for them!Oh, incidentally, I hate my middle name. Don't ask, okay?

Jerrold? (Had to guess...)

My 2 cents..... and I am prejudiced since it is my middle girls name:
Baylor Melody

you would still have BMW :)

That actually sounds pretty neat...more of a tom-boyish first name combined with a "pretty" middle name, makes is sound classy. Poor Gillian probably has so many names swimming through her head now she won't know what to do!

Cindycooks said:
I love Baylor! So cute! My new granddaughter is Taylor which rhymes with Baylor!

My daughter's middle name is RAE and "she" loves it too. Which is suprising because most 14 yr olds hate their names!
It goes nice with Baylor I also like Baylor Marie, Baylor Grace

I read EVERY SINGLE suggestion to my DH and he shot them down! ARRRRG!! He hasn't suggested ONE middle name yet, but shoots down everything. We even discussed not doing a middle name or just doing an initial that doesn't stand for anything. I am so frustrated. I hope a name just jumps out at me like Baylor did!

Try a guy name, then, like Diesel or Festus. I've always been partial to Ebeneezer.

Thanks KG, I'll try those on him! I am scared for anything you get to name, LOL!

Baylor Lynn Wright
Baylor Kay Wright
Baylor Marie Wright
umm....

my middle name is K. it doesn't stand for anything just K. My mom even had to take me into the place she got my social security card so she could prove that I was real when I was a kid.

Do you feel left out that you don't have a middle name? Did you have to explain to everyone that you CAN read and you DID fill the form out correctly when it says FULL middle name? My husband's cousin named their son Grant S. but it was a tradition in their family. Baylor M. Wright as a full name?

Baylor Madison Wright

i don't have a middle name, neither do my 2 brothers (no initial either)...no never felt left out.only issue i ever had was being little and kids not beileving me that i didn't have one...thought i was just to embarrased to say

Do you guys think that Baylor Mackenzie Wright is a mouthful? DH didn't like it but I am wondering if I can lure him to the other side!!

i like it !
besides who is really going to call her by her full name ALL the time, i say work on him!

Baylor Bonds? You could name her brother Twentyfour Hour Bonds.I hate my middle name - I'd rather change it to Ebeneezer except none of my luggage monograms would be right. Maybe I'll take Ray since Gillian isn't.

My brother's initials are J.R. ...James Ross... Mine are too...it was a pain growing up having the same initials, but I was older so I always claimed them! ;)

re:
pamperedlinda said:
Nope, I still don't get it.......please explain.

Me either!

re: middle
jenniferknapp said:
Baylor Lynn Wright
Baylor Kay Wright
Baylor Marie Wright
umm....

Baylor Gillian Wright, although I like Balor Rae and Baylor Elizabeth~

I like Baylore Mae/May since she will be born in May...My daughter is Zoie Jane

I like Baylor Mackenzie!
Let me just say (and dont shoot me)...I teach preschool. There is a Grace, Mackenzie, Caitlin and a Madison in every single class. Two Madison's in mine! I love all the names - but they are "the names" this year and there will be some in every class...so for a middle name I love it!

Gillian - what is your maiden name? Or your moms? Here in the south, it is a very common thing to use a family name, especially a maiden name as a first or middle name. Thats one reason I think Baylor is so pretty! I love names like that.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • sk8rgrrl99