Join Chef Success Today!
Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!
I offered some salad recipes already... she is thinking something a little heartier (spelling?). All summer I have been doing the DCB in the microwave (chicken penne pasta) with GREAT success! I guess I'm looking for something similar only low carb... ...a one pot wonder recipe.
I know what you mean, off hand I don't know how good/bad tortillas are, I think the flour ones might have more carbs than the coen ones, I check it out. If so you can make the Mexican Lasagna or Chicken Fajitas!!
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas
Gaucamole (premade or have ingredients to make at the show)
Fill the Mini Baker with the 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for @ 30-45 seconds to warm.
Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning (I also add a little bit of salt at this point). Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.
When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold ‘N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up From the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.
Before the show:
• Trim the fat and ‘other stuff’ off of the chicken breasts using either the Kitchen Shears or the Boning Knife.
• Grate most of the cheese with the Ultimate Mandoline (save a small piece to demo) and put it in a small SA Bowl.
While the chicken is in the microwave:
• Pass around the Small Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Bowl with the Pass-Around-Salsa ingredients and Salad Choppers and have guests make the salsa. Or just buy your favorite salsa and put it in a small SA Bowl. Maybe show the Jar Opener here.
• Show guests how to work with an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the Mix ‘N Masher. Put it in a small SA Bowl.
• Put all the SA Bowls on the Woven Rectangle Tray.
• Use the Small Bamboo Ladle (from the Bamboo Serving Set) for the salsa
• Use the Small Bamboo Spoons for the guacamole and the grated cheese.
• Use either a Decorator Bottle or the Easy Accent Decorator for the sour cream.
Quick and Easy Salsa
1 small peeled onion
1 peeled garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves