• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Low Carb/High Protien Recipe...

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a dinner recipe for a show on Thursday. Suggestions were made for a salad with meat, such as a cheeseburger, cobb, or chef's salad. The idea of a chicken show was also brought up, with the option of using a pork tenderloin. The hostess was looking for something low carb and hearty, possibly a one-pot wonder recipe. The suggestion of using low carb tortillas or lettuce wraps with chicken fajitas was given, along with toppings such as guacamole and salsa. A quick and easy salsa recipe was also shared.
akggirl
Gold Member
for my Show on Thursday. Anybody have some suggestions? My hostess wants to do a dinner recipe (shows @ 6pm). TIA! G-

I'm thinking Salad w/meat.....

the Chesseburger Salad comes to mind
Cobb Salad
Chefs Salad

let me think some more

30 min chicken showPork tenderloin Then do the strawberry spinach salad to go with it.

I offered some salad recipes already... she is thinking something a little heartier (spelling?). All summer I have been doing the DCB in the microwave (chicken penne pasta) with GREAT success! I guess I'm looking for something similar only low carb... :( ...a one pot wonder recipe.

I know what you mean, off hand I don't know how good/bad tortillas are, I think the flour ones might have more carbs than the coen ones, I check it out. If so you can make the Mexican Lasagna or Chicken Fajitas!!

Mexican Lasagna is out (already offered that one, guess it's not low carb enough) and I cant seem to find the Fajita recipe...

Off to search some more! Thanks for all the suggestions! G-

the Fajita one is here.....

Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas

Toppings:
Gaucamole (premade or have ingredients to make at the show)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Fill the Mini Baker with the 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for @ 30-45 seconds to warm.

Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning (I also add a little bit of salt at this point). Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.

When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold ‘N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up From the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

Other ideas
Before the show:
• Trim the fat and ‘other stuff’ off of the chicken breasts using either the Kitchen Shears or the Boning Knife.
• Grate most of the cheese with the Ultimate Mandoline (save a small piece to demo) and put it in a small SA Bowl.

While the chicken is in the microwave:
• Pass around the Small Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Bowl with the Pass-Around-Salsa ingredients and Salad Choppers and have guests make the salsa. Or just buy your favorite salsa and put it in a small SA Bowl. Maybe show the Jar Opener here.
• Show guests how to work with an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the Mix ‘N Masher. Put it in a small SA Bowl.
• Put all the SA Bowls on the Woven Rectangle Tray.
• Use the Small Bamboo Ladle (from the Bamboo Serving Set) for the salsa
• Use the Small Bamboo Spoons for the guacamole and the grated cheese.
• Use either a Decorator Bottle or the Easy Accent Decorator for the sour cream.

Quick and Easy Salsa

1 small peeled onion
1 peeled garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves

Coarsely chop using salad choppers

Add:
1 cup grape tomatoes
½ tsp salt

Chop until vegetables are uniform in size

Squeeze lime with citrus press, stir.

Ah! Your the best! I found a few links but they all showed up blank...?

I like this idea, the guests can eliminate the tortillas if they want! Thank you! G-

1 last thing I googled tortillas & there are low carb ones....

There are veggie tortillas, low carb, whole wheat, or they can use a large piece of romaine lettuce as their wrap. :) And salsa is great to top it too.

babywings76 said:
There are veggie tortillas, low carb, whole wheat, or they can use a large piece of romaine lettuce as their wrap. :) And salsa is great to top it too.

Great Idea!! Thanks!!

babywings76 said:

LOVE the lettuce idea!!:sing: Makes me think of Thai lettuce rolls too...

Thanks! You gals are the best! G-

Can I come to your party? I'm on a high-protein, low-carb diet, too.

What are some low carb/high protein recipes?

Some popular low carb/high protein recipes include grilled chicken with roasted vegetables, zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs, and cauliflower crust pizza.

How can I make a low carb/high protein meal without sacrificing flavor?

One way to add flavor to a low carb/high protein meal is to use herbs and spices instead of high-calorie sauces or marinades. You can also experiment with different cooking methods, such as grilling or roasting, to enhance the flavor of your ingredients.

What are some good vegetarian options for a low carb/high protein diet?

Some vegetarian options for a low carb/high protein diet include tofu stir-fry, lentil and vegetable soup, and roasted chickpea and vegetable salad.

Can I still have dessert on a low carb/high protein diet?

Yes, there are many low carb/high protein dessert options available, such as sugar-free cheesecake, chocolate avocado pudding, and protein-packed energy balls.

How can I meal prep for a low carb/high protein diet?

Meal prepping for a low carb/high protein diet can be as simple as preparing a big batch of grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, and quinoa to have throughout the week. You can also make protein-packed snacks, like hard-boiled eggs or protein bars, to have on hand for quick and easy meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jen123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Juddel
  • 1PamperedMommy