• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to know how to sell 71 bakers in one month? Listen to this call!

In summary, this call was very informative and helpful. Michael Reeves has a very successful business model of selling sets of pocket thermometers with 10% off the purchase price to hospitality directors. He also recommends using PostCalls to increase show averages. Overall, this was a great call and I plan on using some of the information to increase my business.
Chef's tongs and hold and slice? Oven mitt and trivet?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oops sorry....it's free product value....

No problem!! Thank you!:chef:

Kelly V.

CarolynnLee said:
I see the thank you goes to Holly for the idea of reimbursing the $4.25 at a future show!

You are welcome! I heard of someone giving free shipping on the current order for to those who book shows. However, I just got the sinking feeling that people would say "I'll do a show" and then cancel, then I'm out the shipping. If I tie it to their show having to close, then I get a show for sure.

CarolynnLee said:
I've been talking this over with my husband who has a head for math and sales. He really likes the ideas. I have to get over the difference in amounts deposited into my account from my shows as opposed to what is debited by PC for the shows! In Michael's case, it appears it was a tremendous amount. :eek:

We decided I need to remember that guests probably would not spend that much without the special so my sales will be higher and without the DCB set orders they would not be as high, so I'm not really losing anything. Is that making sense? I am not going to offer discounts beyond the $99 though! Anything else added to the order will not be discounted. :D

My husband thought reimbursing the shipping at the future show was a brilliant idea (thank you; I'm afraid to go back from writing this to get your name and losing what I've written already) and not a high price to pay for one show. I had been multiplying $4.25 out by how ever many sets sold if I did it right then at the show they were purchasing the sets from! :cry:

I'm going to post my flyers. I started with the idea from the flyer on this thread and I will try and get them into this post. I did a front and back thing, two to a page. The DCB set is on the front and a Create Your Own on the back. The next one I made for the lapboards from Merrill or it could go in a guest binder or packet. I would like to see the one they were talking about on the call. :)

I like your flyers! The only thing I would consider changing is the phase, "No need for the DCB?" In my opinion you don't want to say there might not be a need for the DCB. Everyone needs at least one, two preferably! Instead you might say, "have your heart set on another item?"

I was feeling a little iffy about that phrase, even tho' it was Michael that said it, Thanks, Holly!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I like your flyers! The only thing I would consider changing is the phase, "No need for the DCB?" In my opinion you don't want to say there might not be a need for the DCB. Everyone needs at least one, two preferably! Instead you might say, "have your heart set on another item?"

I just took the phrase out and uploaded the correction!:thumbup:

Another thing to keep in mind from my director. As you aluded to Carolynn, the cost to offer this special can't be beyond what we will be making. If the 10% discount, or whatever "special" you are offering is more than you can afford to do, it doesn't make sense! There's really no need to even offer a special necessarily. People like to buy "sets". Also, Michaeal Reeves, I think (don't quote me), is an advanced director, so right out the gate, he is making more than the average consultant. It's a little more doable to offer big money off if you're making more to begin with. All that being said, I plan to try this on a one month basis, like everything else I try. If it seems to be catching on, then I'll take stock of how it's going and adjust as needed. Love all the flyers too! Thanks!
And thanks to all who have put your two cents in on this one. Sooooo many great ideas!

janezapchef said:
Another thing to keep in mind from my director. As you aluded to Carolynn, the cost to offer this special can't be beyond what we will be making. If the 10% discount, or whatever "special" you are offering is more than you can afford to do, it doesn't make sense! There's really no need to even offer a special necessarily. People like to buy "sets". Also, Michaeal Reeves, I think (don't quote me), is an advanced director, so right out the gate, he is making more than the average consultant. It's a little more doable to offer big money off if you're making more to begin with. All that being said, I plan to try this on a one month basis, like everything else I try. If it seems to be catching on, then I'll take stock of how it's going and adjust as needed. Love all the flyers too! Thanks!
And thanks to all who have put your two cents in on this one. Sooooo many great ideas!

I have to agree here. I am offering the set, but only offering free shipping (the $4.25 kind). When I first heard about the special,plus the discount and free shipping, I didn't feel like I could afford 10% and free shipping, so just decided on free shipping. So far, in 10 days, 3 shows, I have sold 4 sets. People are happy with saving $4.25 and the set is an awesome tool to have in their kitchens.

For those who have not embraced the power of the "baker bundle" I strongly urge you to give it a try. I am only demo'ing DCB recipes (the smokey BBQ chicken sandwiches, to be exact) this month and next month it will be something else in the DCB that utlized the choppers and rub. Try it and see if it doesn't make a difference in your show sales and baker sales.

I am going to offer the set, no discount BUT a free product to go with it that is around $10 or less, that way I get higher comm. sales and the customer gets a free gift valued at about 10% of what they spent. That way I am not out any of my commission, 10% is a lot of my commission if I am only making 22%-27% to begin with. Last night at my show a guest spent $130, so I gave her the HWC cake tester for free. She was pleased. And by the way, I made the pork tenderloin and the were all so totally wowed, out of 6 guests I got 3 bookings because they want it!!! I told them all the things they could do with it and they were amazed!

Bumping because I had a hard time finding it this morning.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Free Product Value.I listened to the call ... like it ... and am thinking of incorporating it into my next show.Small problem ... I hate the salad choppers, and so does the only customer who ever ordered them.Any ideas on what fabulous $25 item to substitute?
I use the meat lifters to take the chicken out of the DCB. You could offer a choice of either those or the salad choppper.......oops, just relized the meat lifters cost 28

I don't use the salad choppers for salad. I use them in the DCB to chop chicken. I use them to make salsa. I use them in pasta. I just don't like using metal on my salad since it will make it go bad faster.

Have you ladies, heard of the amazing kitchen show? by ( new name) Julie Ann Jones?
This is one thing she suggests, BUNDLES, w/o out even giving a discount. People don't have to think. They just pick a 'bundle', $50, $75.00 or $100.00.
McDonalds does this, if you break down a value meal you only are saving pennies. It is just a convience.
It is very successful.

esavvymom said:
Why not ask him? He gave his website- so his contact information is on it ( /michaelreeves ). I'm sure he wouldn't mind you sending him an email and asking him how he handles that situation- or has it happened. I would bet that it doesn't happen very often. You'll have a few folks that will do it, yes, but hey- if it is only $4.25 plus the % discount (if you do that), they could end up bumping the order up a little MORE simply because they feel like they are getting a deal....so it could work out to your advantage. Just a guess based on 'impulse spending' and the 'sale' mentality.

I e-mailed him last week with my director's comment/question. I just got this e-mail from him today:

I have not had this problem. I have sold LOTS of sets. Remember you want to speak to everyone at the FULL SERVICE CHECKOUT, so that will really eliminate that problem. You get what you expect so just keep your eyes open at the show and you can head that idea off before it gets started.

So I'm still kind of wondering what he might say if he were to see a couple people whispering and exchanging glances at their orders and trying to decide if they should combine for this deal. Although, if you offer the pocket thermometer instead of the 10% off, then I guess you aren't out anything so it wouldn't be a big deal. :)

babywings76 said:
I e-mailed him last week with my director's comment/question. I just got this e-mail from him today:

I have not had this problem. I have sold LOTS of sets. Remember you want to speak to everyone at the FULL SERVICE CHECKOUT, so that will really eliminate that problem. You get what you expect so just keep your eyes open at the show and you can head that idea off before it gets started.

So I'm still kind of wondering what he might say if he were to see a couple people whispering and exchanging glances at their orders and trying to decide if they should combine for this deal. Although, if you offer the pocket thermometer instead of the 10% off, then I guess you aren't out anything so it wouldn't be a big deal. :)

Thanks for sharing his response. I would expect you may still encounter a person or two who does this, but I don't think I'd worry about it too much. If you are getting that $100 sale, that's still great! I'm sure those are the same people who'd combine their orders with a 'traditional order' to save the shipping and then split it on their own. And you are right- if you offer the free item instead of the 10% discount, you aren't losing much at all.

Am I missing the phone number for the call to call and listen to him speak of the DCB? Could someone let me know the number please.

ChefAlicia said:
Am I missing the phone number for the call to call and listen to him speak of the DCB? Could someone let me know the number please.

218-339-3699, access code 121946#

There is no guarentee it still works.

Back on Page 2 of this post "JaneZapChef" shared the recorded session so you don't have to call in!

Just stumbled upon this thread....YIPPEE!!! I am going to try this starting this Saturday at my HWC/Host & Customer appreciation fundraiser. I have invited over 200 people, but expecting less than 10!!! It is at a Winery on a Saturday so I am thinking I may get more business from their customers! And it is a Canadian holiday this weekend so hopefully more people will be around.

I have receive one online order for $40.00 of HWC items. I sent 186 e-vites from the website and sent about 36 some by snail mail today. Wish me luck because my May is busy in my personal life so my show schedule is weak.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

PamperChefCarol said:
I have to agree here. I am offering the set, but only offering free shipping (the $4.25 kind). When I first heard about the special,plus the discount and free shipping, I didn't feel like I could afford 10% and free shipping, so just decided on free shipping. So far, in 10 days, 3 shows, I have sold 4 sets. People are happy with saving $4.25 and the set is an awesome tool to have in their kitchens.

For those who have not embraced the power of the "baker bundle" I strongly urge you to give it a try. I am only demo'ing DCB recipes (the smokey BBQ chicken sandwiches, to be exact) this month and next month it will be something else in the DCB that utlized the choppers and rub. Try it and see if it doesn't make a difference in your show sales and baker sales.
This recipe rocks! I am in love!!!!

Another idea from someone in my extended cluster... Also offer a dcbaker accessories bundle for the people that already have the baker (for me, it's becoming quite a bit of my customer base:)). I'm probably missing some items here (or puting something in that doesn't go), but two oven mitts, pocket thermometer, salad choppers, meat lifters, silicone basting brush. This comes to $102, so, to offer at $99 or $100 isn't a huge loss for us. Whatever you want, but taut it as the baker accessories set.

Have any Canadian consultants worked on a bundle? Considering the difference in prices what would you bundle to get around the $99 mark?

As of today, this call is still up. Thanks for sharing!

There is also a great segment towards the end about recruiting. (I didn't catch her name) After she does her ticket game and Recruiting Slide, she passes tri-fold board with pictures of everything in the kit on it and I think it sounds very interesting. I may try this as well.

:cool: Anyone seen Michael's website recently? He has a special message to other consultants- he's been barraged with emails from everyone asking questions. :D
He has the first "Home page" article directed towards consultants, and then the last article in the "NEWS" section is about the DINT set.

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this thread but glad I found it today. I have made notes, etc and copied the attachments. Going to sit down later and see what would work for me. I have a few people interested in getting the DCB just haven't ordered it yet and something like this just might be the icing on the cake to get them to order.

Other thoughts I had for packages to offer are:
oven pads purchase 2 (for those who don't like our oven mitts)
stackable cooling rack (I use mine for my DCB all the time)

I haven't played around $ wise yet but thought of these products.

Here's a flyer sent out to me by my director. Someone in her cluster designed it and it makes alot of sense. It gives the customer choices in three categories. This is for the DCB Set- but it has a little "create your own" twist to it. There are 2 to a page, so I'd probably cut it in half and insert into the guest-folder along with the order form. If they wanted the set, they could just bring that form with their choices circled and their order form filled out with name/address, etc. I'd then just right the "DINT SET" and what choices they made - or staple it to their order form.

By the way, it says:
Your Dinner Time in No Time Set includes
your choice of Deep Covered Baker in cranberry or white; the Salad Chopper and Season’s Best Cookbook or the Pocket Thermometer and 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook; and one of our rubs.

All sets receive free shipping and 1 free rub (so you end up with 2 rubs – 1 included in the set and 1 free)!
It’s easy! Just circle your preference in each column below and bring this paper to me with your order form.

Attachments

• DinnerTimeinNoTimeFlyer-Choices.doc
    248.5 KB · Views: 627
pamperedharriet said:
Other thoughts I had for packages to offer are:
oven pads purchase 2 (for those who don't like our oven mitts)
stackable cooling rack (I use mine for my DCB all the time)

I haven't played around $ wise yet but thought of these products.

Our cluster was kicking around ideas of other 'sets' in a mid-range price bracket, such as sets for the "baker", "entertainer", 'cookware', 'kitchen basics', etc. Just packaging a few items together - like bar board, knife, batter bowl, etc. We've seen it on the Holiday Flyers...why not try a few and see what happens?

Hey Bobbi thanks for the flyer. I love it. I am going to send it to my director.

I'm just a messenger. I told my director about the call, and she told the cluster- someone ELSE was the creative brain behind it. :D But that's one of the things I love about this company- everyone is so willing to share!!

Bobbi, I love the flyer. I'm guessing in June they will end up with 4 rubs? It's a great way to get them addicted to the rubs! he he...

Thanks, Bobbi and everyone for their ideas on promoting this!

Does anyone know what state he lives in? This may make a difference on some's sales.

North Carolina...he's about an hour north of me and if memory serves me correctly, it's not a high-dollar industry area. I THINK it had high-unemployment too, if that's what you are thinking.

Thanks for the response Bobbi. There are times when we see high show sales, and they're not reproducible in other areas, due to economics. I think it could really work. I'm selling at least one a show when I use it. I'm continuing the fresca recipe next month to demo it. My state, Oregon has the second highest unemployment in the country right now. The county I live in has 18% unemployment. Many people are buying that "one piece" that they can be using. I know my own family rarely eats out anymore. We are using the covered baker several times a week.

esavvymom said:
Here's a flyer sent out to me by my director. Someone in her cluster designed it and it makes alot of sense. It gives the customer choices in three categories. This is for the DCB Set- but it has a little "create your own" twist to it. There are 2 to a page, so I'd probably cut it in half and insert into the guest-folder along with the order form. If they wanted the set, they could just bring that form with their choices circled and their order form filled out with name/address, etc. I'd then just right the "DINT SET" and what choices they made - or staple it to their order form.

By the way, it says:
Your Dinner Time in No Time Set includes
your choice of Deep Covered Baker in cranberry or white; the Salad Chopper and Season’s Best Cookbook or the Pocket Thermometer and 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook; and one of our rubs.

All sets receive free shipping and 1 free rub (so you end up with 2 rubs – 1 included in the set and 1 free)!
It’s easy! Just circle your preference in each column below and bring this paper to me with your order form.

How do you key this in so it won't add shipping to this order and the other spice?

lmradlein said:
How do you key this in so it won't add shipping to this order and the other spice?

I haven't sold one yet, but in the past when I've given a gift Free to someone, I just entered that amount as "Consultant Gift" for payment. So if I'm giving free shipping and one rub (shipping is $4.25)- I'd put $8.25 as Consultant Gift.

Someone else may have a better suggestion though! :D I'm fairly new to stuff like this myself, so that's the only way I know currrently.

esavvymom said:
I haven't sold one yet, but in the past when I've given a gift Free to someone, I just entered that amount as "Consultant Gift" for payment. So if I'm giving free shipping and one rub (shipping is $4.25)- I'd put $8.25 as Consultant Gift.

Someone else may have a better suggestion though! :D I'm fairly new to stuff like this myself, so that's the only way I know currrently.

Yes, this is how you do it.

If you submit the party before you receive payment (which is not a good business practice) make sure you put in the Consultant Gift portion before submitting the party. This will automatically be entered into your expence file for taxes. Otherwise, you would have to do it manually.

Tried this for the first time this weekend and had no takers:( They all liked it concept and the recipe (BBQ chicken sandwiches), but no takers.

I made the Moraccan (sp) fried rice when I got home...YUM! But I would not make this at a party. Too many things going on but what a fantastic recipe.

Bumping for the new folks...

Thanks for bumping. As I copied off the most recent deal which was #75 post, I got to thinking about the fact that we no longer have the red pocket thermometer that sold for $11.50. We are now up to #2242 Digital Pocket Thermometer for $16.50. That is a $5 increase, so maybe offering the 20 Minutes to dinner puts it too high. How about one of our $7.50 cookbooks or our #1742 2 cup prep bowl set which goes for $15.00?

Last edited:
Grandmarita said:
Thanks for bumping. As I copied off the most recent deal which was #75 post, I got to thinking about the fact that we no longer have the red pocket thermometer that sold for $11.50. We are now up to #2242 Digital Pocket Thermometer for $16.50. That is a $5 increase, so maybe offering the 20 Minutes to dinner puts it too high. How about one of our $7.50 cookbooks or our #1742 2 cup prep bowl set which goes for $15.00?

I noticed that too when I just did the math.

I'm thinking about doing
baker - $69
digital thermometer - $16.5
kitchen scrub brush - $9
2 rubs - $8
then 10% off any cookbook

The Weekday Dinners Done cards could be a good alternative too.

Is this call still accessible?

I looked for the call tonight and cant find it on here, am i missing it someone said page 2 right?

toenail1103 said:
I looked for the call tonight and cant find it on here, am i missing it someone said page 2 right?

On page 2, you'll find a link to the audio version you can listen to on your computer.

The link is also in post 92.

I know this is a bit of an old thread. I just want to share what I've done to "edit" this set.

I do the DCB, Digital Pocket Thermometer, Season's Best Cookbook, Rub of choice, and the Chef's Silicone Basting Brush (must have for the rubs!)

I like this combo and I think my customers will like it more than the combo with the salad chopper.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I know this is a bit of an old thread. I just want to share what I've done to "edit" this set.

I do the DCB, Digital Pocket Thermometer, Season's Best Cookbook, Rub of choice, and the Chef's Silicone Basting Brush (must have for the rubs!)

I like this combo and I think my customers will like it more than the combo with the salad chopper.

I never offer a combo and I sell a ton of DCB's. I talk about all the benefits of owning it and that it pays for itself after just a few uses/vs eating fast food and it's a quicker, healthier meal. I also offer to email anyone who buys it (or already owns one) a 24 page document full of recipes. You don't have to spend money to sell this product.

In the past I've offered bonuses with it like a rub or the weekday dinners done but it didn't increase my sales od DCB's - nothing works like giving them a bunch of recipes (and that's free to me). :thumbup:

BethCooks4U said:
I never offer a combo and I sell a ton of DCB's. I talk about all the benefits of owning it and that it pays for itself after just a few uses/vs eating fast food and it's a quicker, healthier meal. I also offer to email anyone who buys it (or already owns one) a 24 page document full of recipes. You don't have to spend money to sell this product.

In the past I've offered bonuses with it like a rub or the weekday dinners done but it didn't increase my sales od DCB's - nothing works like giving them a bunch of recipes (and that's free to me). :thumbup:

Same here. I offered a DCB set for a while, but I didn't sell any more than I was already selling (avg 3-4 per show) and it was just one thing more that I had to remember to print up and talk about. I'd rather just talk about the DCB, and all of it's wonders! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Same here. I offered a DCB set for a while, but I didn't sell any more than I was already selling (avg 3-4 per show) and it was just one thing more that I had to remember to print up and talk about. I'd rather just talk about the DCB, and all of it's wonders! :D

And same here...except I am not selling 3 - 4 per show. Almost all of my recipe choices have either the 12" skillet or the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cajunmomof4
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kimmers
  • chefkathy