1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I must have missed something- disaster!

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I did a neighborhood Power Cooking Class, (trying to get bookings), and served the cheesy tortilla soup. It called for 2 Tbsp chipotle seasoning.......OMG!!! No one could eat it, it was SO spicy! We cut it down w/ sour cream, but I was really embarrassed! Should it have been 2 tsp? I think I read it right....

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Did you use the can of tomatoes w/ chilis that it calls for? Because depending on which brand you use, these can be very spicy. It might have been that, too.

Mar 26, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I ALWAYS cut the chipotle AT LEAST in half for that recipe. Very spicy.

Mar 26, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Same thing happened at our cluster meeting. Wow that was so spicy. We decided next time we'd cut it to just 1 Tbsp. and just use regular tomatoes, not the kind with the chilies. Sour cream and cheese would help with reducing the heat also, but we didn't have that. But even then, it was super spicy it wouldn't have helped that much!

Mar 26, 2009
  5. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

family should always be the giunea pigs for any recipe... :)

Mar 26, 2009
  6. cookin to the top

I gave away the other 2 recipes to the guests (wrap and stir-fry)...I'm looking forward to hearing how they came out! (I really should have tried everything before the class.....but.... (insert excuse here).

7. cookin to the top

Which brand of tomatoes/chilis do you use, so it's less spicy? A little off topic- I love the double-bag recipes, and saw posted other single-bag power-cooking recipes......are there any others that are double-bagged?

8. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

love the wraps!

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?