• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!

In summary, the speaker did a neighborhood Power Cooking Class and served a cheesy tortilla soup that called for 2 Tbsp of chipotle seasoning. However, it turned out to be too spicy for everyone and they had to add sour cream to reduce the heat. The speaker wonders if they should have used 2 tsp instead of 2 Tbsp. Other people at the cluster meeting also found the soup to be too spicy and recommend using only 1 Tbsp of chipotle seasoning or using regular tomatoes instead of ones with chilis. The speaker gave away the other two recipes (wrap and stir-fry) to the guests and is looking forward to hearing how they turned out. They also mention using family as guinea pigs for recipes
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I did a neighborhood Power Cooking Class, (trying to get bookings), and served the cheesy tortilla soup. It called for 2 Tbsp chipotle seasoning.......OMG!!! No one could eat it, it was SO spicy! We cut it down w/ sour cream, but I was really embarrassed! Should it have been 2 tsp? I think I read it right....

cookin to the top said:
I did a neighborhood Power Cooking Class, (trying to get bookings), and served the cheesy tortilla soup. It called for 2 Tbsp chipotle seasoning.......OMG!!! No one could eat it, it was SO spicy! We cut it down w/ sour cream, but I was really embarrassed! Should it have been 2 tsp? I think I read it right....

Did you use the can of tomatoes w/ chilis that it calls for? Because depending on which brand you use, these can be very spicy. It might have been that, too.

I ALWAYS cut the chipotle AT LEAST in half for that recipe. Very spicy.

Same thing happened at our cluster meeting. Wow that was so spicy. We decided next time we'd cut it to just 1 Tbsp. and just use regular tomatoes, not the kind with the chilies. Sour cream and cheese would help with reducing the heat also, but we didn't have that. But even then, it was super spicy it wouldn't have helped that much!

family should always be the giunea pigs for any recipe... :)

I gave away the other 2 recipes to the guests (wrap and stir-fry)...I'm looking forward to hearing how they came out! (I really should have tried everything before the class.....but.... (insert excuse here).

Which brand of tomatoes/chilis do you use, so it's less spicy? A little off topic- I love the double-bag recipes, and saw posted other single-bag power-cooking recipes......are there any others that are double-bagged?

1. What is "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!"?

"I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy recipes for busy families. It includes recipes for both weeknight meals and special occasions.

2. Are the recipes in "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" are designed to be simple and easy to follow. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and most can be completed in under 30 minutes.

3. Does "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" include any dietary restrictions?

Yes, "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" includes a variety of recipes for different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. These recipes are clearly marked for easy identification.

4. Can I purchase "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" in a physical book format?

Yes, "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" is available for purchase in both physical and digital formats. You can purchase a physical copy through Pampered Chef's website or through one of our independent consultants.

5. Are there any tips or tricks included in "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!"?

Yes, "I Must Have Missed Something- Disaster!" includes helpful tips and tricks throughout the cookbook to make meal prep and cooking easier. These tips include ingredient substitutions, time-saving techniques, and suggestions for pairing dishes together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sarahsellcm