• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do some people cancel show bookings and then avoid calls?

S
sfdavis918
So I'm making my calls last night and I called someone who had booked a show then ended up canceling after not calling back any of my coaching calls. She is a Partylite consultant so I was a little put off by it, but she seemed kind of sincere in her explanation as to why. It has been about 4 months since that incident so I decided to check up on her and see if she was interested again.

I call. The 18ish yo son answers and says yes, he'll get his mom (after I told him who I was). I could tell he put his hand over the receiver to get her. After probably two minutes my host (or almost host) gets on the phone and says "Amy's not available can I take a message?" Umm, then who are you??? It was definitely her as I have talked to her several times and definitely recognized her voice. So I tell her who I am and she says Amy will definitely call you back.

Yeah, right, like I'm holding my breath for that! It took everything I had not to say, ok Amy, I look forward to hearing from you.

Why do some people feel like they have to do things like that? Is it really that hard to say no, thanks? And she is a consultant for another company! You would think she would know better! What do people think you are going to do when they say no to you? I just don't understand.

OK, vent over. Thanks!!

Ridiculous! Been there done that though, unfortunately!

I had a catalog host from about a month ago who at that time said she had 4 orders so far and we would close on such and such date. I tried several times to close out her show but kept getting her voice mail. I had actually basically written her off ,but yesterday, I was on a calling spree and decided to make a bunch of calls, she was included. This time I called from my home # and amazingly enough she answered! Well, I identified myself and she sounded happy to hear from me. Well, next thing you know the phone disconnected. I swear she hung up on me! I tried calling her back and got voicemail, left her a message and of course never heard from her yet again! Some people!

Makes me think sometimes like , "What did I do?" But have to realize that it's most likely not me and that some people are just plain RUDE!!!

I have had people hang up on me also. I wonder who taught them manners!

Ann R.

And this is one of the reason's why I rarely ever call people. I've done catalog shows from start to finish without ever speaking to the host. I do everything over email. Sorry this happened to you!!! People are just so tacky sometimes!

I had a host once that answered the phone (without saying hello? or anything) "I'M BUSY, I DON'T HAVE TIME RIGHT NOW!". Um, okay??

To give her the benefit of the doubt though, she could have a sister/mother/daugther who sounds just like her. If I answer my sister's phone, everyone thinks I'm her. If I call and my neice answers, I have to listen to see if it's my neice or my sister. It could happen.

I have had people leave a message on my machine saying that they are interested in hosting a show and then I could never get a hold of them or they don't call me back. I have to admit I second guess myself as to what I could have said in my message (back to them) that possibly made them thing "okay, nevermind!" I haven't had this happen to me though, most of the time when I make calls people are friendly and either say not right now or they tell me what month would be better.

Don't let this or the handful of people like this turn you off getting on the phone though. The phone is our friend (say it enough times you might believe it.) I dreaded it at the beginning but if there is one of ten at the very least that becomes something I'm happy. I wouldn't be a Director or earned two trips now if I didn't use the phone. :)

I totally sympathize with you! Maybe her and her daughter sound alike? My sisters(2) and I all sound exactly the same. My husband can't tell the difference on the phone. Maybe thats what happened? Maybe?

That just stinks! I'm sorry about that! Geesh, and to think I had tons of broken up cake pieces I could have given to you to toss at her for being such a twit!

1. Why do some people cancel show bookings and then avoid calls?

There are many potential reasons why someone may cancel a show booking and then avoid calls. It could be due to a change in circumstances, such as a scheduling conflict or financial concerns. It could also be due to a lack of interest in the product or service being offered. In some cases, the individual may simply be uncomfortable saying no and instead chooses to avoid the situation altogether.

2. What could have caused the individual to cancel the show booking?

Without knowing the specific circumstances, it is difficult to determine the exact reason for the cancellation. However, it is possible that the individual may have experienced a change in circumstances or may have simply changed their mind about hosting the show.

3. Why did the individual's son answer the phone and then put his hand over the receiver?

Again, without knowing the specific circumstances, it is impossible to determine the exact reason for this behavior. However, it is possible that the individual may have asked their son to answer the phone and then instructed him to put his hand over the receiver until she was available to speak.

4. Why did the individual's son say that his mom was not available?

It is possible that the individual's son was instructed to say this if his mother did not want to speak on the phone at that time. Alternatively, he may have been unaware of his mother's previous interactions with the caller and simply assumed that she was not available.

5. Why do some people feel like they have to avoid saying no?

Avoiding conflict and confrontation is a common human behavior. Some individuals may feel uncomfortable directly saying no or rejecting someone, so they may choose to avoid the situation instead. This could be due to a fear of hurting the other person's feelings or a desire to avoid potential conflict or discomfort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• micocina
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vtodd71
  • PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth