• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Irving, TX or GA a Better Place to Move My Business?

Irving is a great place to live. It has a low cost of living, warm weather, and plenty of other benefits. It's also a great place to homeschool, as there are many private Christian based schools in the area. Sales for those who live in the Atlanta area are good, and it's not hard to get bookings.
camilleb
Hello Everyone;
I currently live in one of the most expensive states-NJ and our family maybe moving to Irving, TX or GA, can anyone give some insights into these areas, as far as cost of living, the good, the bad and the ugly!!

I cannot speak for Texas, I live in Georgia. What area in Georgia are you considering?

his job would be in downtown atl, but north of the city has been recommended, cobb county, vinnings??

We live in the northern suburbs in Forsyth County. It is one of the fastest growing counties in the country. Do you need to worry about schools?

By the way, you are going to be blown away in a great way in regards to the cost of living. You will find you will get so much more for your money in housing. Go to http://www.realtors.com and you can start looking at some houses in the area.

The Vinings area has a great reputation. A couple of other nice areas include Alpharetta (North Fulton), Johns Creek (North Fulton and Forsyth County) and Cumming (Forsyth County). Forsyth County has the least expensive taxes, but I know you are used to outrageous taxes so anything in this area will seem like a bargain to you.

dont live in either but you'll love the south...and one of my bff's lives in Atlanta - its wonderful!

I'm fairly close to Irving 30 - 45 minutes
what would he be doing there?Irving is where the Dallas Cowboys play.

Ok, lets see if I can respond to all here...We would be interested in Private Christian based schooling, we want to keep his commute to an hour or less if possible and it would be hard to explain what he does..broadcasting would be the best word and he would be traveling alot...I don't know anyone in TX, have some distant friend in GA...also, baby on the way that will due in February, so I will have my hands full...I am also concerned if whether I will be able to sustain a business during and after a move...stressed..

sorry can't help ya then sent mine to the local public school :)

We live in Cherokee County, north of downtown. We work in Cobb County, so I can't personally say as to how long it might take to commute each day. We do love the area though, and there are some private Christian based schools around here. I don't have school aged kids yet, so I don't have much information on that.
camilleb said:
baby on the way that will due in February
I do, however, have a fantastic OB/GYN if you happen to come to this area.

When we moved to GA from KY 4 years ago I found a website that compared the cost of living between zip codes. Of course, I have no idea what it is now :rolleyes: but you might be able to find something by googling it. It was alot cheaper to live here.

I was also able to find a website that gave ratings for different schools. They were all public schools so might not be much help for you. You might call a few churches in the area you are looking at and get the names of schools that fall in line with your beliefs.

As far as moving your business...my business took a huge hit in the move (some was due to the actual relocating of my business and some was the stress of moving...settling in to a new area...new schools for the kids...new church, etc. I was just too weary to focus on my business.) I did find (and this is still true 4 years later) that my show average is ALOT higher here. Not sure why but it jumped almost $250! So, even though my show schedule dropped, my paycheck was able to stay the same.

Other people have moved their business and just kept on going with no problems. There are many tapes, CD's, etc available...plus info on here...to help you with the transition.

Try compairing with this website...
http://www.BestPlaces.net

I love TX. Especially San Antonio, TX.

Sure I am bias because I live here but I think it's got a pretty low cost of living, warm weather, and lots of other wonderful benefits.

There are many private christian schools in the area. I personally homeschool, where in TX are you thinking of moving too? I'm curious. :p

Debbie :D

We are looking at Irving, TX. Homeschooling is an option but very intimidated by the idea right now...

It looks like we will be moving, when not sure, we are heading to the ATL...how are sales for those who live in the atlanta or surrounding area...is it hard to get bookings?? and what are average shows/sales etc...

Pick up Move it you won't lose it on the supply order---its a workshop from conference that Morfia did.......it should help with your new move.

----and yes, NJ is so expensive...but I love living at the Jersey Shore!

I live @ 30 miles south of the Atlanta Airport in Locust Grove. No matter which area you choose to live in, your DH will have a commute filled with traffic (that is a given fact in Atlanta :() My show average is $685, people in this part of te country just love PC so you should have no trouble picking-up your business here if you work it.

Let us know when you move and where. There are several cheffers in the area and I'm sure one of us can arrange hospitality for you.

I've lived in TX and in GA...I would move back to GA tomorrow if it wasn't for my kids (I hate moving them from school to school). We lived in Savannah for about 3 years with my DH job. At the time my job took me to Atlanta about every other week ...(don't miss those days) But I LOVED the town... something for eveyone! TX on the other hand lived right out side of Ft Hood in Copperas Cove for about 2 years... didn't have any kids at the time...but I wouldn't mind going back to vist but it wouldn't be in my top 10 places to live. Hope this helps...I hate moving my self. Good luck.

I live in West Ga about 50 miles form Atl. My Dh works in downtown Atl. It takes him an hour to get to work and 1 1/2 to get home. My schools are great. I live on a dead end road with only 5 neighbors. My town has 10,000 people and a collage. I love it but it gets HOT and HUMID. Home sales are great around here too.

PC is great. I am new so can't help too much.

Camille,

I grew up in the Atlanta area and currently live in downtown Vinings. I absolutely love it here! Vinings is in the perfect spot to get a residential, community feel but also be close to the city. The only downside is that housing can be expensive, but my townhouse was very affordable. There is also Whitfield Academy nearby that is a private Christian school.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area. I've lived in town and in a couple different suburbs, and Vinings is definitely my favorite so far!

Have you decided yet what area you will be in? My business is still in the "hobby" stage, so I can't much help with the numbers. Let me know if there's anythign else, though.

We want to be in Cobb County, heard they have the lowest taxes and I guess we are tired of HIGH taxes in NJ we want to live in an area that is low ion that regard...my husband most likely will start in September, when I will arrive is still in the air...does anyone have lead on fairs or vendor shows there???

1. What happens to my current customers if I move my business?

If you decide to move your business, your current customers will still be able to purchase products from you. They can either place orders through your website or through your personal sales link. You can also continue to communicate with them through email or social media to update them on any changes or promotions.

2. Will I lose my downline team if I move my business?

No, you will not lose your downline team if you move your business. Your team members will still be a part of your team and you can continue to support and mentor them. However, if your move requires changing your team name or structure, make sure to communicate this with your team members beforehand.

3. Do I need to notify Pampered Chef if I move my business?

Yes, it is important to notify Pampered Chef if you are moving your business. This will ensure that your account is updated with your new address and contact information. You can contact our consultant support team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF or submit a support request through your consultant account.

4. Can I still attend Pampered Chef events and trainings if I move my business?

Yes, you can still attend Pampered Chef events and trainings even if you move your business. Our events and trainings are open to all consultants regardless of their location. Attending these events can help you stay connected with other consultants and stay up-to-date on the latest products and business strategies.

5. Will my commission structure change if I move my business?

No, your commission structure will not change if you move your business. As long as you are an active consultant, you will continue to earn commissions based on your sales and the sales of your team. However, if your move requires changing your team structure, it is important to communicate this with your team members beforehand to avoid any confusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
littlebeans
  • esavvymom