• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Restarting My PC Business: Lessons Learned and Tips for Success

In summary, the speakers in the training advised on the importance of maintaining consistency in one's business, but the speaker did not heed the advice and took a break from PC. As a result, it was difficult to get bookings and the speaker struggled to keep their business afloat. As the new year approaches, the speaker plans to follow the 3-2-1 method and has booked a show with their mother. They have also reached out to potential customers through emails and personal interactions. The speaker also mentioned knitting scarves and setting up a booth at a local farmer's market to promote their business. Another speaker shared their experience of using a catalog tote and wearing logo wear to attract potential customers. They also mentioned getting a booking from someone who saw
Cr8vKitchen
In all the training I listened to (and there was a LOT), there was always advice about keeping your business consistent. Well, I didn't listen! Late in the summer, I was feeling very overwhelmed and decided I needed to take a break from PC. I stayed active but really only did a show, maybe 2, a month. Well- huge mistake! Once you take even just a month off, it's like starting all over again.

In the past, I haven't had an issue getting the bookings I wanted for the most part but the trick was this- I GOT THEM AT MY SHOWS! If you stop having shows that equals no upcoming shows. I've struggled along, really since August, just keeping my head above water and staying active.

Now as the new year approaches I very much want to get my business jump-started again. I know I need to practice 3-2-1 faithfully and I plan to but let me ask you this- other than that, what are one or two things you do/use to increase your customer base/get bookings (outside of shows)?

Thanks so much and best wishes for the New Year!

Last edited:
Hey Sheila!
You can do it girl!
I know my Nov/Dec shows were very hard to get bookings out of....sure I got bookings - for Feb & March! What was I supposed to do until then.....
Well I have convinced my mom to host a show for me in Jan! Its a super awesome host special, so I want her to earn tons of goodies!
But I also called/emailed/went and talked to all the ladies who had said "maybe" this past year....and I explained how they can earn 50% more FREE and how its a super awesome month to host a show!!! and I explained that I knew people would be tired/broke from Christmas so lets do them towards the end of the month... I also said that alot of people probably have a resolution to eat healthy/lose weight this year, so lets use the grill pan/press and make some delicious chicken and do a salad in my bamboo bowl as the side!
It totally worked! I got 5 shows booked and the ladies are all excited about their shows! It is really weird not doing my first show until the 17th of the month....but hey, I'll do whatever I can to keep having shows and filling people's lives w/PC! hehe! I'm so totally addicted!
Oh, my mom and I also knit scarves and we decided we are going to split a booth at the local farmer's market! I am going to take a million mini catalogs and a few super awesome products and hope to make some new friends that way!
Good luck girl!!!!! Wishing you great success this new year!

The military just moved us to a new base in Japan. The logo on my car has gotten the most attention thus far. I wear logo shirts just about every time that I go out in public, but no bites yet.

I have a catalog tote, but with a 1 year old, a 3 year old, my purse & the diaper bag already in tow, the catalog tote pretty much gets left in the car. I haven't been able to strip down to bare minimum yet & put the essentials in the catalog tote so that I can leave the purse & diaper bag behind. I can't bring myself to drop the sippy cups down in the bag! I know they will leak. :(

Hubby & I both wore Pampered Chef aprons at Halloween & I handed out mini catalogs to the parents. LOL

In Okinawa, I did a LOT of booths and that's really when my business took off and started exploding. I don't have booth opportunities on this new base.

Thanks so much, Sheila & Abigail. It sounds like you both do booths which I've never really done. How do you go about finding these opportunities? I would really like to try something new with my business instead of just depending on my shows to get bookings.

Just an update- I sent an email to all of my friends, family, neighbors, past hosts, etc. basically saying the same thing but "I need your help" and talked about the Jan. special. I've already booked one show from that for January so I'm very excited!

Thanks again!

I carry my catalog tote. It's been pretty helpful. We just moved here in June (military) and I just decided to step up my business in October. It's been going well (not smooth though).
On Monday I got a great lead off my catalog tote. (See the thread I posted "I think my catalog tote just paid for itself" under Bookings) Wearing logo wear is also a great way to make people say "HEY! Pampered Chef! I need something!"

Cr8vKitchen said:
Thanks so much, Sheila & Abigail. It sounds like you both do booths which I've never really done. How do you go about finding these opportunities? I would really like to try something new with my business instead of just depending on my shows to get bookings.

I haven't actually done booths before! But I really want to meet new people and expand my client base! I got asked to do a christmas party and that went great! $750 show of all new clients! So I really want to just put myself out there and try new things! The great thing about splitting the booth w/ my mom is that it will only cost us $10 each! I live in a super small town...about 10k people, and I want to sell to them all! hehe!
You can always go by like the Chamber of Commerce, or a community center or something....that lists local events in town and then ask how you can get involved with it!
Congrats about your show you booked so far! How exciting!
Happy New Year!

I took a very long break from PC to the tune of 2years and resigned up in September of last year!! After some soul searching and floundering around with other direct sales companies I decided it was time to come back to what I really know how to do!! I started off with a bang in Oct with my first show and completed my first 100 day's of business in quailfed :) However I was able to find small vendor events that didnt' cost very much for the holiday I found a lot of them on craigslist. How I find county fairs and home and garden shows etc is I google county fair 2011 and my state which is Oregon and it gives me a list of all the counties in oregon and when their fairs are! And just decide which one you want to do. I am trying to figure out how to really start 2011 off with a huge bang and keep up the momentium that I have built for myself!! I hope that helps you out

Trade shows are really great for getting leads. Have a drawing with a prize and you would be surprised on how many you can get. Bridal fairs, Taste of Home, and County Fairs are a good place to start. They do cost money so if others in your cluster want to go in on it. Ask your Director for some help.

What is the return policy for "I Made a Mistake..." products?

Customers have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any "I Made a Mistake..." product for a full refund. The product must be unused and in its original packaging.

Can I exchange "I Made a Mistake..." products for a different item?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for "I Made a Mistake..." products. You may return the item for a refund and then purchase the desired product separately.

Do I have to pay for shipping when returning "I Made a Mistake..." products?

Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping for "I Made a Mistake..." products, unless the mistake was due to an error on our part. In that case, we will cover the return shipping costs.

What if my "I Made a Mistake..." product arrives damaged?

If your product arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately and we will assist you with a replacement or refund.

Can I return "I Made a Mistake..." products purchased from a consultant?

No, all "I Made a Mistake..." products must be returned directly to Pampered Chef. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with returns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • poohritz